The Danger of All This New Content

(pr0nflakes) #21

We had the same discussion as started by the OP on our Mumble server (7-8 guys, all min. 500h in-game) some days ago.

Regarding the finetunig of Javelin, how long it took and still will take and the promise by a SD employee to release a new merc every 6 (to 8?) week we are all afraid that SD will loose the way to keep the game and Mercs balanced. We also don’t think that it’s a good idea to have always the same and known ppl on the PTS servers as they imho don’t represent the daily CMM DB player community. But in these daily CMM games is where the shit happens that noone could predict during matches on PTS servers.

PS: Still waiting for a flamethrowing merc ^^
PSS: Excuse my shitty englich, I am zeh german.

(henki000) #22

I think Dirty Bomb needs a lot of new content that mirror all the content that has been removed. Mercs, weapons and balance does not replace execution or ranked. UI, bug fixes and communication with community does not unite all players. There is war in game markets, but they are struggling in many battlefronts. You need to create something monolithic, ingenious to gather players in same barricade. Be extreme, be arcane, show miracles. All SD need is some marketing expert and shitload of money. If you look at the steams free or prostitute games, it’s amazing what garbage people are willing to play.

(pr0nflakes) #23

+1 but dont forget the roots.

(FishRolls) #24

@pr0nflakes said:
We had the same discussion as started by the OP on our Mumble server (7-8 guys, all min. 500h in-game) some days ago.

Regarding the finetunig of Javelin, how long it took and still will take and the promise by a SD employee to release a new merc every 6 (to 8?) week we are all afraid that SD will loose the way to keep the game and Mercs balanced. We also don’t think that it’s a good idea to have always the same and known ppl on the PTS servers as they imho don’t represent the daily CMM DB player community. But in these daily CMM games is where the @$!# happens that noone could predict during matches on PTS servers.

PSS: Excuse my @$!# englich, I am zeh german.

I honestly don’t know how release Javalin could have gotten through the PTS, either the PTS testers are biased or they’re not testing much in general.

(Nail) #25

likely because the PTS players developed defensive strats right away

(Xenithos) #26

Personally, I want the flood to keep coming. I mean, you saw what it did for Halo right?

WAYYYY better here…

(B_Montiel) #27

@FishRolls said:

@pr0nflakes said:

Regarding the finetunig of Javelin, how long it took and still will take and the promise by a SD employee to release a new merc every 6 (to 8?) week we are all afraid that SD will loose the way to keep the game and Mercs balanced. We also don’t think that it’s a good idea to have always the same and known ppl on the PTS servers as they imho don’t represent the daily CMM DB player community. But in these daily CMM games is where the @$!# happens that noone could predict during matches on PTS servers.

PSS: Excuse my @$!# englich, I am zeh german.

I honestly don’t know how release Javalin could have gotten through the PTS, either the PTS testers are biased or they’re not testing much in general.

Javelin is basically half assed between fragger, nader, and any support merc. So there are always one merc better at doing her job in every single situation. Yes, her instagib kills are annoying and quite cheap in public with rabbits running everywhere.

But in organized plays with people working together she’s far less efficient. And that’s why her original state never got caught by PTS players.

Nevertheless, her arrival was needed as they were still way too many situations where stacking over Aura’s station was the defensive meta no matter what and this finally give a clear counter on those strategies.

And right now, the meta is lame enough in DB. I won’t consider any meta until :

• An actual one merc limit is put in place in ranked and everywhere it’s supposed to be competitive. Duo Fragger/Arty are still the best composition depending if you have destroy EV or not.
  • Competitive stop looking like a threesome between 3 of the same teams over and over again

(Puppi_) #28

who cares about the “meta”
just have fun,that’s what matter most

(bushyg) #29

Pub meta, lol.

(blufflord) #30

@Puppi_ said:
who cares about the “meta”
just have fun,that’s what matter most

But fun is had in different ways to different people. Sure I might have fun fucking about as pistol only rhino or some shit, but others might have fun by playing competitively, in which case the META matters a lot to them.

(WatchAsILead) #31

@hawkeyeguy99 said:

@WatchAsILead said:
This guy always has something to complain about, always jumping at the shadows and trying to find a reason to hate the game or be upset at the game or something. The game is fine, they said they were adding a new merc every 5-7 weeks until the end of the year or something like that. Thats like 2 or 3 mercs. Then 6 months after we get the last merc there will be a new meta and everything will be fine. Logic dude.

And then later on you comment that you stopped playing Paladins because the meta was constantly changing. In your original post you made it seem like Paladins was a failure because of the problem YOU had, talk about trying to stretch the truth to fit your agenda.

It’s just interesting how you try to suggest a fix to a problem that no one is having except for you. Stop trying to make devs change the game to revolve around you and only you.

1st, chill. You’ve been on this forum for barely a month and haven’t even logged in more than a hundred times. You don’t even know me so chill with the “this guy always ____”.

2nd, I LITERALLY said in my post it’s why “I stopped playing” Paladins. That’s an opinion that I shared, not presented as fact or truth. Learn to read before you try @$!#-talking people.

3rd, Other people have already agreed with me that quality is better than quantity so I don’t know where you get off saying “no one else has this problem” cause you’re way off base.

4th, nearly every post you’ve made in the last month or so is bad-mouthing other people and their opinions. No one wants or needs that on the forums so either learn how to contribute to the conversation without attacking people personally or take your toxic self to Reddit.

Telling you something you might not want to hear is not toxic lol, someone disagreeing with you is not toxic.

In the one month I’ve been on this forum YOU have been repeatedly making posts about how temporary issues or problems that only YOU and/or a small minority of players are experiencing. “The menus are laggy and suck and will kill DB”, “CMM is garbage and sucks and will kill DB”, “More content sucks and is garbage and will kill DB”, “Ranked sucks and will Kill DB”, “Dome Redux sucks and will kill DB”.

Overanylizing every little aspect of the game and saying it will kill DB is not constructive criticism, and I disagree with posts like that, we dont need posts like that.

It’s almost like you make a post about something YOU dont like, and instead of asking the community if they experience the same thing or how they feel you just storm on in demanding changes as if the entire game revolves around you, as if Hawkeyeguy99 is the ONLY person that plays this game, then you softly (Threaten) the games death or failure if they dont fix something that YOU demand.

There are other players here, YOU need to learn how to have discussions instead of making demands, DISCUSS the problems dont demand things change without even consulting the other players in this forum. I don’t have to have 500+ posts to know how to have a simple discussion. If you want to continue this discussion you can PM me, other than that please learn to be more considerate of the other players. Thank you.

Instead of “The Danger of All this New Content” and demanding changes, how about “Does anyone else feel like there is too much content?” or “How do you feel about this new content?” or “Does too much new content ruin the meta?”. So much better.

Instead of “The menus are laggy and will push new players away” Try “Does anyone else feel the menus are laggy?”

(hawkeyeguy99) #32

@WatchAsILead said:

@hawkeyeguy99 said:

@WatchAsILead said:
This guy always has something to complain about, always jumping at the shadows and trying to find a reason to hate the game or be upset at the game or something. The game is fine, they said they were adding a new merc every 5-7 weeks until the end of the year or something like that. Thats like 2 or 3 mercs. Then 6 months after we get the last merc there will be a new meta and everything will be fine. Logic dude.

And then later on you comment that you stopped playing Paladins because the meta was constantly changing. In your original post you made it seem like Paladins was a failure because of the problem YOU had, talk about trying to stretch the truth to fit your agenda.

It’s just interesting how you try to suggest a fix to a problem that no one is having except for you. Stop trying to make devs change the game to revolve around you and only you.

1st, chill. You’ve been on this forum for barely a month and haven’t even logged in more than a hundred times. You don’t even know me so chill with the “this guy always ____”.

2nd, I LITERALLY said in my post it’s why “I stopped playing” Paladins. That’s an opinion that I shared, not presented as fact or truth. Learn to read before you try @$!#-talking people.

3rd, Other people have already agreed with me that quality is better than quantity so I don’t know where you get off saying “no one else has this problem” cause you’re way off base.

4th, nearly every post you’ve made in the last month or so is bad-mouthing other people and their opinions. No one wants or needs that on the forums so either learn how to contribute to the conversation without attacking people personally or take your toxic self to Reddit.

Telling you something you might not want to hear is not toxic lol, someone disagreeing with you is not toxic.

In the one month I’ve been on this forum YOU have been repeatedly making posts about how temporary issues or problems that only YOU and/or a small minority of players are experiencing. “The menus are laggy and suck and will kill DB”, “CMM is garbage and sucks and will kill DB”, “More content sucks and is garbage and will kill DB”, “Ranked sucks and will Kill DB”, “Dome Redux sucks and will kill DB”.

Overanylizing every little aspect of the game and saying it will kill DB is not constructive criticism, and I disagree with posts like that, we dont need posts like that.

It’s almost like you make a post about something YOU dont like, and instead of asking the community if they experience the same thing or how they feel you just storm on in demanding changes as if the entire game revolves around you, as if Hawkeyeguy99 is the ONLY person that plays this game, then you softly (Threaten) the games death or failure if they dont fix something that YOU demand.

There are other players here, YOU need to learn how to have discussions instead of making demands, DISCUSS the problems dont demand things change without even consulting the other players in this forum. I don’t have to have 500+ posts to know how to have a simple discussion. If you want to continue this discussion you can PM me, other than that please learn to be more considerate of the other players. Thank you.

Instead of “The Danger of All this New Content” and demanding changes, how about “Does anyone else feel like there is too much content?” or “How do you feel about this new content?” or “Does too much new content ruin the meta?”. So much better.

Instead of “The menus are laggy and will push new players away” Try “Does anyone else feel the menus are laggy?”

So because you don’t like my titles to my posts that offer my opinion on an issue and how to fix it for other people to discuss I’m toxic? Okay. I’m still waiting for you to offer an opinion or solution that contributes to the conversation that the rest if us are having besides “I hate you and your opinion and you should stop talking”. In your world, is no one allowed to post unless they share a majority opinion?

I’ll pm you but if you have an honest opinion or something to add to the conversation please do cause I’m still waiting to see it.

(hawkeyeguy99) #33

@Eox @Kirays can we get this thread cleaned of off-topic and unconstructive comments please and get this back on track? Including mine if necessary. Thank you.

(watsyurdeal) #34

The only bad thing with new content is old content not being taken care of, but the truth is, a lot of the things that would need to be fixed would take a LOT of time and testing. And that process would require an update every 2 weeks, and require that SD has a clear goal in mind for each gun in the meta.

(hawkeyeguy99) #35

@watsyurdeal said:
The only bad thing with new content is old content not being taken care of, but the truth is, a lot of the things that would need to be fixed would take a LOT of time and testing. And that process would require an update every 2 weeks, and require that SD has a clear goal in mind for each gun in the meta.

Thank you. A lot of people have been misunderstanding and misquoting my point. This is what I’m talking about, for each merc release to be further thought out and refined before release. Javelin was released in a very broken state until her nerf two weeks later. I would rather wait that extra two weeks to get a balanced merc with some minor tweaks needed than every month get a merc who upsets the entire game because they’re OP. It’s not going to “kill the game” as everyone keeps inferring but it will definitely keep it more stable.

(watsyurdeal) #36

But how will you know something will be gamebreaking until release???

Truth is your beta testers are often better or more knowledgeable than your public players, it’s hard to get a good idea of how thing will be until it gets released.

(neverplayseriou) #37

Looking at all the shit that’s come through pts I really don’t get the feeling they know a lot about the game.