The Containment War Update v51654 - 28/10/2015

(Kl3ppy) #21

Can someone give some feedback on the “issue” that the self revive of phoenix is performed and when he gets gibbed during the getting up animation the cooldown starts? Would be better if the cd only starts when the self revive was actually performed.

(Pytox) #22

lol me too xD phoenix is awesome to play with though :smiley:

(DarkangelUK) #23

You all should have had Phoenix already!

(Runeforce) #24

Again, don’t mind me. But it’s a bummer!

:stroggflag:

(poiuasd) #25

The update in general seems ok, stats are neat and Stoker seems fine, don’t really care about the other stuff.
I absolutely hate the burst rifle changes though. It’s not fun to be forced to re-learn the timings to something that you’ve been using for dozens/hundreds of hours before.

(signofzeta) #26

About the reskinned EV’s, it would be cool if the Bridge map kept the CDA EV colors, considering how Bridge is supposed to be like Goldrush, and in Goldrush, the Allies steal the Axis tank, so in Bridge, it would be cool if Jackal stole a CDA EV.

(BomBaKlaK) #27

OK … if this is a “giant content update” as said on dirtybomb tweeter, then I will wait for a real content release.
Juste don’t like Execution, old maps are still horrible.

Then I will play some other games … totally bored. No fun anymore.

(spookify) #28

I feel all twitchy feeling now with the new BR-16 and Stark-AR. With the fast mercs and need to constantly do damage this is very bad for these guns. It feels like I am throwing bullets down range and with the new delay in time between bullets on the BR-16 you are shooting it sort of how you track clay’s when you clay pidgin shoot. Even shooting at a gibbed body or a person standing still you are like come on come on shoot!! Knowing that if you had a M4 you would be dinking that person in the head. These changes are way to drastic…

Why couldnt the changes have been slight?

BR-16
Reduce magazine size to 24 (from 27)
Decrease damage per round to 14 (from 15)
Increase rate of fire to 863RPM (from 857RPM)
Unchanged delay between bursts (from 133ms)

Stark AR
Increased magazine size to 27 (from 24)
Increased damage per round to 16 (from 15)
Unchanged delay between bursts (from 133ms)
Increase Recoil by 15%
Increase Recoil Recovery speed by 15% (Giving the user the ability to drag down and maintain Acc)

The D-AR still feels terrible and I cant tell if its the Semi-Auto bug anymore… The D-AR needs a lot less spread increase… This should be a single shot dart gun! After 1 or 2 shots in a fire fight it becomes useless.

I honestly do not understand the drastic changes to these guns. My Acc is only 41% with the BR-16 and if it was doing to much damage then lower the damage not reinvent the gun.

There’s no more helpless feeling then to have your crosshair over someone and have the gun not do anything while your finger is clicking away and your brain screaming SHOOT! WTF SHOOT!

(Smooth) #29

The changes to the burst-fire rifles were for a few reasons but mainly because both of them drastically out DPS’d other weapons when fired optimally, so at the absolute top-end they would be the best weapon in any engagement, especially at close quarters which is not where they’re meant to be most effective.

Also we wanted to move them a little further away from the other automatic weapons and push them more towards using timing and aim based, rather than the pure tracking which DB is already very heavily reliant on.

I’d be very welcome to people thoughts on how to improve them in the current update. That is however excluding reducing the time between bursts, as any lower is bring them back into full-auto territory again. It’s also worth noting that our new burst-fire timings are still quicker than those typically found in your Counterstrikes or Call of Duty’s.

I do apologise for messing up your muscle-memory and previously learned playstyle, but please do give them a proper go and learn the new behaviour before dismissing them entirely.

The burst-fire change may also be highlighting an issue we have with burst-fire and semi-automatic timings being inconsistent when they are impacted by framerate/input-delay/other factors that we’re trying to track down. We’ve known this as the ‘semi-auto fire-rate’ bug for a while, and you may have heard of it. We’re still working hard to find a solution here.

Removed

(ZGToRRent) #31

Any chance to make Execution Top bar bigger? As a medic, I want to see teammates HP but it’s soo small. Even The red X is small so You can’t see actually, who is dead.

(Domipheus) #32

Jbraa, are you feeling ok? What have you done with the real jbraa?

:smiley:

[QUOTE=Domipheus;540300]Jbraa, are you feeling ok? What have you done with the real jbraa?

:D[/QUOTE]

Hey Im all for giving love for stuff I love :slight_smile:

Also this screen needs to show who got the bomb.

(Destroy666) #35

[QUOTE=shoe.;540160]Quick Join Unlocks

We’re now unlocking game modes via Quick Join based on player level, leading new players from the simplest to the most involved game mode as they progress:

[ul]
[li]Execution Mode - Level 1[/li][li]Objective Mode - Level 3[/li][li]Stopwatch Mode - Level 5[/li][/ul]
New players will still be able to play any casual mode from the server browser, or by joining friends at any level.[/QUOTE]

What’s the reasoning behind making joining of non-execution servers much harder for newbies? A good reasoning, I mean. I don’t think that’s how you’ll encourage them to stay playing.

(Mustang) #36

IMO no-one should have the bomb, it should always spawn on the ground and have to be picked up.

(_milla) #37

[QUOTE=Smooth;540293]The changes to the burst-fire rifles were for a few reasons but mainly because both of them drastically out DPS’d other weapons when fired optimally, so at the absolute top-end they would be the best weapon in any engagement, especially at close quarters which is not where they’re meant to be most effective.

Also we wanted to move them a little further away from the other automatic weapons and push them more towards using timing and aim based, rather than the pure tracking which DB is already very heavily reliant on.

I’d be very welcome to people thoughts on how to improve them in the current update. That is however excluding reducing the time between bursts, as any lower is bring them back into full-auto territory again. It’s also worth noting that our new burst-fire timings are still quicker than those typically found in your Counterstrikes or Call of Duty’s.

I do apologise for messing up your muscle-memory and previously learned playstyle, but please do give them a proper go and learn the new behaviour before dismissing them entirely.

The burst-fire change may also be highlighting an issue we have with burst-fire and semi-automatic timings being inconsistent when they are impacted by framerate/input-delay/other factors that we’re trying to track down. We’ve known this as the ‘semi-auto fire-rate’ bug for a while, and you may have heard of it. We’re still working hard to find a solution here.[/QUOTE]

Changes are not good and they come from excel stats sheet? Please, do try them on some pub server against pub players. They feel more like shotguns. BR16 is from today dead weapon. Delay time is too much for fast paced game as DB is. Yes, this is not CS or COD. DB is much faster. Comparing math stats DPS… calculations from excel sheets are not reflecting players experience.

I was playing arty before, kyra, fragger with br16 (not with mouse wheel lol) and now I just wish I never purchased them.
Only usable weapon is M4 and Iam sure, M4 will be destroyed too by some update/patch. Because… its business call, not players call who decide here.

:rolleyes:

ps.
I never saw single thread from players complaiing about OP burst weapons.

(alphabeta) #38

I dunno about a lot of these complaints, I like this update. Love Stoker. There are still plenty of bugs but I feel as if it is moving towards feeling much more polished.

I am getting 200FPS so smooth as silk. Good job SD.

(NeroKirbus) #39

[QUOTE=_milla;540312]Changes are not good and they come from excel stats sheet? Please, do try them on some pub server against pub players. They feel more like shotguns. BR16 is from today dead weapon. Delay time is too much for fast paced game as DB is. Yes, this is not CS or COD. DB is much faster. Comparing math stats DPS… calculations from excel sheets are not reflecting players experience.

I was playing arty before, kyra, fragger with br16 (not with mouse wheel lol) and now I just wish I never purchased them.
Only usable weapon is M4 and Iam sure, M4 will be destroyed too by some update/patch. Because… its business call, not players call who decide here.

:rolleyes:

ps.
I never saw single thread from players complaiing about OP burst weapons.[/QUOTE]

They’ve already nerfed the m4 a few patches ago to make it less effective, this change also made the timik more viable, along with the buffs the latter received.

Let them tinker with it more, it’ll take more time to make it a more viable yet different weapon. Each weapon should have it’s strengths and weaknesses and it was apparent the burst rifles were perfect for any situation.

(Kl3ppy) #40

Good Update, I really like it. Servers had some issues yesterday but was real fun to play. I love stoker, really nice to play. Maybe the damage to the EV should be a bit higher. And with a bit I mean a lot :smiley: Also I’m missing some perks which boost the molotov. Skyhammer has the higher damage perk for his airstrike. Maybe give Stoker also a perc to increase molotov damage or reduce cooldown. I hope we wont see any nerfs on the molotov soon because yesterday some already complaint about the molotov. They died several times in the flames :wink:

Unfortunatelly I had only one match on Dome, but it was a nice match. Bit confusing is that you only need to destroy one of the towers. Maybe take away one tower to make it straight forward.

Also wasnt able to test Execution because all the servers were full when I had a look. Was no problem, played MM instead and had a good match. It was a bit sad that after that one played match we waited altogether something like 15minutes without an opponent.

Overall a good Update. Have to play more to say something about the performance.

One question about the Quick Join changes. Does it mean that a new player can only join Execution mode via the Quick Join button unless he/she has a higher level. But is the new player ablte to select objective mode via the server browser regardless the players level?

Another Question poping up in my mind. Will we see in the future a bigger aim/spread penalty when jumping? The jumping fast mercs are annoying and as it seems they have no penalty for jumping.