The Containment War Update notes!

(AdmiralTeddy) #21

Use this for the moment till they fix the site friends
http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/4624

(Mister__Wiggles) #22

Played 3 games, been kicked from 2. Rarely happened before the patch. Might be a bug.

(TheMineNerd) #23

opened 20 normal cases (CW cases ofc) got nothing but iron and lead.

(HoopleDoople) #24

Is Execution really the mode you want creating first impressions of Dirty Bomb? I don’t know about everyone else, but I would have quit after one match if I’d had to start with Execution. Modes without respawning are generally not my thing, especially when I’m trying to learn the game (and thus dying a lot). I do understand new players can start with Objective or Stopwatch from the server browser, but realistically few players are going to utilize this option.

I think what it comes down to is that no respawn modes have niche appeal. Almost everyone will be able to appreciate and enjoy modes that allow respawning. But many players won’t like modes without respawning, and even those who do probably won’t if they’re bad at it. It’s just so much easier to improve when you’ve got dozens of lives per round rather than just the one (these rounds are admittedly faster, but its still a big difference).

(BomBaKlaK) #25

@MissMurder is that what you call a “giant update” ?
Are you serious ?

1 map
1 merc

Nothing really fancy …

(CCP115) #26

[quote=“BOMBA;100503”]@MissMurder is that what you call a “giant update” ?
Are you serious ?

1 map
1 merc

Nothing really fancy … [/quote]

You’re funny aren’t you. You ever heard of reading? Guess not.

3 maps. A new gamemode. 1 new merc.

That’s plenty in one update, regardless of what game you play.

(AdmiralTeddy) #27

I’d like to say, THANK YOU for a fantastic update which breathed a new life into the game, it is SO.MUCH.FUN <3
you guys are amazing!
now please can i trade my cobalts for a cobalt of my choice? puppy dog eyes

(GottaBeGreg) #28

Anybody else think that Proxies look on her face is slightly satanic? I get the feeling that she hasnt slept in a while and that she is hyped up on caffeine… a lot a like me. Exams coming up and I should really be studying, but fuck me am I ever gonna play the shit out of this update, sorry, I shouldnt swear on forums but I’m just pumped as heck (Caffeine is bad kiddies. Dont end up like old Greg over here)!

That being said, Im going to engage the English teacher logic and make some big leaps and assumptions from that piece of art.
Since Proxy is what the dev teams usually use to decorate their maintenance with meaning that she generally represents the dev team, and she is looking tired/ hyped up on caffeine in this picture, can we then conclude that the dev team has been, A) working overdrive to get this update going for us, B) that through this process one or two of the have gotten addicted to caffeine/ enhanced the already present addiction to caffeine and as such look like something the cat dragged in, or C) Both of the above?

Is it a conspiracy? No.
Does anyone care? No. But you should. I would assume they have been hard at work for quite some time now.
Why am I still typing? Caffeine.
Im gonna stop now… My main girl Proxy is going through a lot though, and I cant be there with her for another 6 hours until college is done… damn!

(LnB) #29

I like this update!

([i]Skree-*) #30

[quote=“GottaBeGreg;100549”]Anybody else think that Proxies look on her face is slightly satanic? I get the feeling that she hasnt slept in a while and that she is hyped up on caffeine… a lot a like me. Exams coming up and I should really be studying, but fuck me am I ever gonna play the shit out of this update, sorry, I shouldnt swear on forums but I’m just pumped as heck (Caffeine is bad kiddies. Dont end up like old Greg over here)!

That being said, Im going to engage the English teacher logic and make some big leaps and assumptions from that piece of art.
Since Proxy is what the dev teams usually use to decorate their maintenance with meaning that she generally represents the dev team, and she is looking tired/ hyped up on caffeine in this picture, can we then conclude that the dev team has been, A) working overdrive to get this update going for us, B) that through this process one or two of the have gotten addicted to caffeine/ enhanced the already present addiction to caffeine and as such look like something the cat dragged in, or C) Both of the above?

Is it a conspiracy? No.
Does anyone care? No. But you should. I would assume they have been hard at work for quite some time now.
Im gonna stop now… My main girl Proxy is going through a lot though, and I cant be there with her for another 6 hours until college is done… damn![/quote]

you good sir deserve a cookie :smiley:

(CCP115) #31

Anybody else think that Proxies look on her face is slightly satanic? I get the feeling that she hasnt slept in a while and that she is hyped up on caffeine… a lot a like me. Exams coming up and I should really be studying, but fuck me am I ever gonna play the shit out of this update, sorry, I shouldnt swear on forums but I’m just pumped as heck (Caffeine is bad kiddies. Dont end up like old Greg over here)!

Is it a conspiracy? No.
Im gonna stop now… My main girl Proxy is going through a lot though, and I cant be there with her for another 6 hours until college is done… damn![/quote]

Calm. Down. It’s just an update. Don’t worry.

Rhino’s face though: “I’m sick of your shit”

(Hazzy) #32

Are you serious ?

1 map
1 merc

• execution mode release with 2 maps, + free stuff + new loadout cards + profile stats screen + feedback Feature + CDA and Jackal Factions + Matchmaking Search Range Bar

Yeah its nothing special or giant about it i agree… sarcastic

(MissMurder) #33

[quote=“Mister__Wiggles;100446”]Played 3 games, been kicked from 2. Rarely happened before the patch. Might be a bug.
[/quote]

We had to restart servers. Shouldn’t happen again but let me know if it does please.

(Mister__Wiggles) #34

[quote=“MissMurder;100626”][quote=“Mister__Wiggles;100446”]Played 3 games, been kicked from 2. Rarely happened before the patch. Might be a bug.
[/quote]

We had to restart servers. Shouldn’t happen again but let me know if it does please.[/quote]

Yeah, the problem hasnt come back, thank you!

(Gaspoline) #35

wat

also, you’d think that execution mode would be the last that people would unlock by lvl… def not first…

(MissMurder) #36

@Mister__Wiggles Thanks for the update!

(Diosito) #37

@MissMurder

Right now I’m downloading the update for the third time and I can not start the game.

The first time I downloaded 2 GB

The second time were 3 or 3.5 GB

And now, for the third time, I’m downloading the update, 2 GB this time

So now, I’m about to complete 7-7.5 GB

What is happening?, I’m a little lost because there is no info about this in the “shinny” Containment War Update Notes (surprise surprise)

EDIT HERE: Now it says I’m downloading 3.2 GB instead of the 2GB mentioned above

Abbadon
Abaddon

(B_Montiel) #38

Are you serious ?

1 map
1 merc

(fuzzel) #39

Roundabout a good update…but one thing is really bad (for me)

BR16 is now unplayable…the delay at burst fire is bad and the new weapon sound hmpf…horrible…

comp balancing now better but as a higher ranked player you must wait 5 - 15minutes 4 a game…not good

Dome is awesome…100 points sd

(Lumi) #40

[quote=“Abbadon;100653”]@MissMurder

Right now I’m downloading the update for the third time and I can not start the game.

The first time I downloaded 2 GB

The second time were 3 or 3.5 GB

And now, for the third time, I’m downloading the update, 2 GB this time

So now, I’m about to complete 7-7.5 GB

What is happening?, I’m a little lost because there is no info about this in the “shinny” Containment War Update Notes (surprise surprise)

EDIT HERE: Now it says I’m downloading 3.2 GB instead of the 2GB mentioned above

Abbadon
Abaddon[/quote]

Try verifying the game cache integrity after restarting Steam, if that doesn’t work, do the same after restating your PC.