The Byblos maps will be released

(vicpas) #21

Nice to read something about sd2009 efforts.
My response about this? I am ready.

(ronboy) #22

Hi sd2009. Glad to hear the progress you’ve made. Most of us Rtcw sp mappers are “hidden” as far as progress goes and some people think we’ve quit with mapping, but in reality we are hard at work on our projects. I’ve been working on my current project, Operation Deathshead, for a couple years as a whole, and I’m still working on it. I’ll also gladly help you with testing your work. :slight_smile:
Sage, thanks for the code for random ai spawning. I’ll have to give it a try.

(ronboy) #23

Review of Sp_Muenchen

Review of Byblos Harbor

(melc_av) #24

Hello sd2009,

Any news about your project? It have sectrets? is possible to release your’s project before the end of the year?

Thanks advance!

(sd2009) #25

Hello melc_av and everybody,

Welcome on board.

For the time being, I have no news. For private reasons, I cannot work on my project. The private life is much more important than my hobby.

Yes, it has some secrets and lots of new shaders, sounds, textures and models (md3 and others). It is very unlikely that I finish my project before the end of the year.

Best wishes

sd2009

(sd2009) #26

Hello Ronboy,

Thank you for the interesting reviews about my sp_byblosharb and sp_muenchen maps.

Regards,

sd2009

(ronboy) #27

[QUOTE=sd2009;479376]Hello Ronboy,

Thank you for the interesting reviews about my sp_byblosharb and sp_muenchen maps.

Regards,

sd2009[/QUOTE]

Hello, sd2009. It was a pleasure to play and review your maps. I look forward to reviewing your other maps in the future. :smiley:

(ronboy) #28

My playthrough of Muenchen 2 (Munich)

(vicpas) #29

Hello, sd2009.
Any news?

(melc_av) #30

Hello sd2009,
Any news abkout the project?

(sd2009) #31

Hi,

I was able to repair my old damaged
Macbook Pro that contains a xp partition.
I tested the bybloscastle map and found
that it does not suffer from the shader
overflow bug. Something is wrong with the
installation of Vicpas. The map is ok with
Xp and Windows 7. Maybe a patch 1.4 or
1.33 is necessary.

(ronboy) #32

[QUOTE=sd2009;514609]Hi,

I was able to repair my old damaged
Macbook Pro that contains a xp partition.
I tested the bybloscastle map and found
that it does not suffer from the shader
overflow bug. Something is wrong with the
installation of Vicpas. The map is ok with
Xp and Windows 7. Maybe a patch 1.4 or
1.33 is necessary.[/QUOTE]

So, is something wrong with your Rtcw installation?

(melc_av) #33

Hello Sd2009, Happy New Year!

Any news about the project?

(melc_av) #34

Hello all,
Any news sd2009?

(sd2009) #35

Hi,

I am experiencing a phenomenon with a md3 model. It disappears from the screen without any reason when I get close to it during game play. If I turn my face away it appears, but if I look at it on the ground it disappears again. If I leave a distance of about 1 or 2 meters (about 3 to 7 feet) between my position and the end of the md3 model it appears again. The model is about 3 meters long in a small room. Did anybody have such an experience? Is there a solution for this problem. Of course, I was forced to look for a workaround as I always do but I must understand the reason for this strange wolf engine behavior. I replaced the md3 model with brushes. I tried to upload a short video but the upload assistant refused the file. A message says that the file format is not valid. I attached a screen shot. It shows the md3 model as nails on the ground.

Thanks.

(Mateos) #36

Does the MD3 have a dedicated shader file?

(ronboy) #37

[QUOTE=sd2009;530618]Hi,

I am experiencing a phenomenon with a md3 model. It disappears from the screen without any reason when I get close to it during game play. If I turn my face away it appears, but if I look at it on the ground it disappears again. If I leave a distance of about 1 or 2 meters (about 3 to 7 feet) between my position and the end of the md3 model it appears again. The model is about 3 meters long in a small room. Did anybody have such an experience? Is there a solution for this problem. Of course, I was forced to look for a workaround as I always do but I must understand the reason for this strange wolf engine behavior. I replaced the md3 model with brushes. I tried to upload a short video but the upload assistant refused the file. A message says that the file format is not valid. I attached a screen shot. It shows the md3 model as nails on the ground.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

I recall Vicpas having this problem with a custom truck model in his addon The Fortress 2. Maybe he knows a workaround. If you want his email, it’s vicpas1@gmail.com.

(-SSF-Sage) #38

Is there a chance that the origin of the model goes inside a structural brush? Is it misc_model or gamemodel?

Also could it be bad hint? Does it happen without vis compile.

What kind of shader it has? Is there a chance that old pk3 or such replaces the shader? Seen that aswell.

(vicpas) #39

I had this problem, but i only get sucess replacing the truck model from Russian addon Project 51 with the truck model from original RTCW game on the last The Fortress 2, version 1.1.

(sd2009) #40

[QUOTE=-SSF-Sage;530632]Is there a chance that the origin of the model goes inside a structural brush? Is it misc_model or gamemodel?

Also could it be bad hint? Does it happen without vis compile.

What kind of shader it has? Is there a chance that old pk3 or such replaces the shader? Seen that aswell.[/QUOTE]

The origin of the model is inside a caulk brush that has model2 on it. I want to be able to destroy this model and replace it by another one. Without the func_explosive brush and model2, I cannot replace the md3.
It is a misc_model. I removed all hint brushes in that room but this did not help either. I compiled without vis and this did not help. It has no shader at all.

@Vicpas I do not want to use the originals. I want to know how to use my own md3s.

By the way, I tried q3map and found it a nightmare! I had to remove all my ase models and half of my md3s from the beautiful map. q3map is simply a catastrophe compared to q3map2. I am getting this message
"
************ ERROR ************
WindingFromDrawSurf failed: MAX_POINTS_ON_WINDING exceeded"

too and the map does not compile with q3map at all. I am forced to continue with q3map2. I lost several hours with q3map modifications. It complains about almost everything in my map. The only advantage I found was that it renders less triangles than q3map2. Its lighting quality is low compared to q3map2. q3map does not even know the -meta parameter or is there a way to force it to accept this parameter? I cut my map into pieces to suppress the error MAX_POINTS_ON_WINDING exceeded with no luck so far.

It seems that a md3 can have a shader. How do you assign or connect a shader to a md3 model? I have tried a lot with no luck so far.

Thanks.