The Airport ready for testing

(ronboy) #21

I have submitted the airport map on filefront as a final version. I’ll soon start on the beach map I have been wanting to make for a long time. :stroggtapir:

(Eugeny) #22

Hello Ronboy!
How your beach moves ahead?

(ronboy) #23

[QUOTE=Eugeny;231787]Hello Ronboy!
How your beach moves ahead?[/QUOTE]

Hi Eugeny. Tomorrow, I will begin the beach. It will represent Utah Beach on D-day. The objective will be to find a set of radios, and call for rienforcments. The player will be accompanied by some partisan soldiers.
It will be much better than airport. :wink:

(Eugeny) #24

Well, in that case we will wait and we will look.:wink:

(ronboy) #25

It won’t take long to do. You see, I have a bunch of free time on my hands, lucky me. :tongue:

(Eugeny) #26

Good luck in work!

(vicpas) #27

I think that it was very soon to post the map airport for the public, before to correct all errors and to make
all necessary improvements.

(ronboy) #28

[QUOTE=vicpas;231802]I think that it was very soon to post the map airport for the public, before to correct all errors and to make
all necessary improvements.[/QUOTE]

I corrected the errors I could. To be honest, I didn’t like how it turned out, and I really wanted to start on the beach. Thus, I went ahead and submitted the map.

(Eugeny) #29

Through a barbed wire it is possible to pass and get there where it is not necessary.

(BackSnip3) #30

As said the others I think you should have wait to release the map but it is correct and playable.
The design really needs to be improved, you have to really take your time on your beach map :smiley:
Make it eye-candy this time :stuck_out_tongue:

(ronboy) #31

[QUOTE=Eugeny;231805]

Through a barbed wire it is possible to pass and get there where it is not necessary.[/QUOTE]

How did you get there? I put the clip texture to keep the player from getting there.
@ Backsnip3: I know it was rushed. There’s not much to put on an airport besides a bunch of hangers and planes. The beach map will be much better, trust me.

(Eugeny) #32

[QUOTE=ronboy;231821]How did you get there? I put the clip texture to keep the player from getting there.
@ Backsnip3: I know it was rushed. There’s not much to put on an airport besides a bunch of hangers and planes. The beach map will be much better, trust me.[/QUOTE]

At procession to that place has found still a mistake:

Here through which I have passed that fence:

(ronboy) #33

Pic 1: That’s not anything noticable.
Pic 2 and 3: I thought the barb wire was solid.

(Eugeny) #34

Remember, that misc_model was solid, it is necessary to roll up it in a texture clip or weapon_clip

(ronboy) #35

That barbwire is a brush, not a model.

(BackSnip3) #36

Then the shader had nonsolid parameter…

(ronboy) #37

I was expecting the brush to be solid by default. Was you able to just walk through it, Eugeny?

(Eugeny) #38

Roll up a texture clip

(ronboy) #39

Thanks Eugeny. The barbwire that I put in future maps will be covered in the clipweapon texture.

(ronboy) #40

I will now begin the beach map. I hope it turns out good.