That's not a Frisbee

(Setzaroth) #1

More Proxy gameplay. (I promise I play more than her, this is just the next video that was in line to be rendered)

(LifeupOmega) #2

Straight away, learn to abuse wall jumps, learn how to flank. You try and 1-1 a Thunder on an aura station instead of going past the balcony, down the stairs and behind them in office. You do this again a few minutes later - it’d be easier and more effective to move behind the enemy, and then drop a mine, destroy the aura station, or shoot them in the back

Up your FoV if you haven’t, seems really low to me and you may end up suffering due to it. This is entirely up to you.

Run with your melee or secondary out, outside of corner peaking with a shotgun. Deagle/MP/Tolen runs faster than any primary, and knives run faster than bats or secondaries.

At 4:20 you opt to attack the Skyhammer instead of taking advantage of how unaware he is and dropping a mine on the stations, you could even run away right after or focus on the other player and he’d blow himself up. You seem to start realising this later though, so that’s something.

Finally, break the habit of aiming at the floor all the time when running around. You never know (in a way, 'cause game sense pretty much means you’ll always know when to expect players) when you’ll need to react to someone attacking you. Try and aim at neck-head height, means less movement needed to shoot them for top damage.

Keep at it. Try the Hochfir out sometime if you like Proxy, it’s ridiculously efficient once you learn to track well.

(Setzaroth) #3

@LifeupOmega said:
Straight away, learn to abuse wall jumps, learn how to flank. You try and 1-1 a Thunder on an aura station instead of going past the balcony, down the stairs and behind them in office. You do this again a few minutes later - it’d be easier and more effective to move behind the enemy, and then drop a mine, destroy the aura station, or shoot them in the back

Yes, I really need to get better at wall jumps. As far as number of rounds played goes, this video is now relatively old, and I feel I’ve gotten better at it though. It’s just that this is the first game I’ve put any time into that has that kind of movement, and it just isn’t second nature yet to use walls to my advantage. The thunder at the very beginning wasn’t on a health station was he? I wouldn’t have tried to fight him if he was. Not arguing it was an un-wise engagement though, just thought it would be funny to get a jumping kill through the window. :smiley:

Up your FoV if you haven’t, seems really low to me and you may end up suffering due to it. This is entirely up to you.

Ya… A few people have told me that. Only concern is I’ve gotten used to this, and I might have to re-acclimate if I change that.

Run with your melee or secondary out, outside of corner peaking with a shotgun. Deagle/MP/Tolen runs faster than any primary, and knives run faster than bats or secondaries.

Yep. This is another one of those things I feel I’ve gotten better at. Proxy is already pretty fast though. I’ve seen a lot of people get caught out because they brought a knife to a minigun fight by trying to get a little speed boost.

At 4:20 you opt to attack the Skyhammer instead of taking advantage of how unaware he is and dropping a mine on the stations, you could even run away right after or focus on the other player and he’d blow himself up. You seem to start realising this later though, so that’s something.

Ya, this was stupid. Less than ideal judgement in the heat of the moment.

Finally, break the habit of aiming at the floor all the time when running around. You never know (in a way, 'cause game sense pretty much means you’ll always know when to expect players) when you’ll need to react to someone attacking you. Try and aim at neck-head height, means less movement needed to shoot them for top damage.

It doesn’t feel like I’m aiming that low in game.

Keep at it. Try the Hochfir out sometime if you like Proxy, it’s ridiculously efficient once you learn to track well.

I’ll up my prayers to the RNG gods by about 50% and see what happens. :stuck_out_tongue: (yes I could just buy it, but I’m saving for a 50k merc, probably Rhino since low level players just can’t deal with him it seems)

(GatoCommodore) #4

instead of rhino, go for Kira.

seems right up your alley

(rhino is shit without medic BTW)

(Setzaroth) #5

@GatoCommodore said:

(rhino is @$!# without medic BTW)

Also a consideration considering her BS laser that doesn’t even need LOS

(GatoCommodore) #6

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

many things dont need line of sight, like arty, skyhammer, most grenade merc, even proxy.

(Setzaroth) #7

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

many things dont need line of sight, like arty, skyhammer, most grenade merc, even proxy.

lol what? You have to be able to see where you’re putting Arty’s marker/Throwing Skyhammer’s marker. You can blindly throw a grenade but it likely won’t do anything.
You have to physically be in the area to put down a mine.

Kira: Summon god’s laser that lasts way too long, drag it in desired direction (usually enemy spawn) from safe area. Watch killfeed fill with enemy team. Every single game.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

lol what? You have to be able to see where you’re putting Arty’s marker/Throwing Skyhammer’s marker. You can blindly throw a grenade but it likely won’t do anything.

Kira: Summon god’s laser that lasts way too long, drag it in desired direction (usually enemy spawn) from safe area. Watch killfeed fill with enemy team. Every single game.

surely you jest here…

or havent play long enough to see people do it.
or maybe you havent tried it.

arty and kira both using laser pointer which does not need direct line of sight to the enemy, just walls or buildings or lamp post to drop the attack at desired place.

same thing with skyhammer, you can throw the marker to Out of bound places to rain down indirect fire at enemies without needing the laser to be seen by enemies.

and finally, you can throw grenades and bounce it on walls which dont need direct line of sight.

(Setzaroth) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

surely you jest here…

arty and kira both using laser pointer which does not need direct line of sight to the enemy, just walls or buildings or lamp post to drop the attack at desired place.

same thing with skyhammer, you can throw the marker to Out of bound places to rain down indirect fire at enemies without needing the laser to be seen by enemies.

and finally, you can throw grenades and bounce it on walls which dont need direct line of sight.

That’d be a valid comparison if any of those things were anywhere near as damaging as the laser, or could be controlled after the fact, c’mon now. Kira is broken. It’s ok if you main her, but she’s broken.

You can fire and forget the laser. Drag it a direction, then pull out your gun and start fighting other people as the laser tracks to where you wanted it to go. It’s so much better than any other offensive ability.

(GatoCommodore) #10

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Setzaroth said:

@GatoCommodore said:

surely you jest here…

That’d be a valid comparison if any of those things were anywhere near as damaging as the laser, or could be controlled after the fact, c’mon now. Kira is broken. It’s ok if you main her, but she’s broken.

You can fire and forget the laser. Drag it a direction, then pull out your gun and start fighting other people as the laser tracks to where you wanted it to go. It’s so much better than any other offensive ability.

maybe you will know what im talking about when you tried it out yourself.

im not a kira main, no. I do like to play with skyhammer.

ask anyone who already played long enough, kira is not OP.
her laser cant go indoor, sometimes bugged and even more disastous in ranked scene when suddenly your friends walk in front of you and blocks the designator and the laser comes to you.

also kira is 90hp, which makes her the squishiest fire support.