Thank you devs finaly

(Your worst knifemare.) #42

You wonā€™t, youā€™ll be able to see their level the second you die to them.

(Begin2018) #43

Except if I do 30/0ā€¦ :wink:

Anyway, SD should go deeper in its idea and remove nick names too. Itā€™s already implemented when we see some kind of ā€œPlayer237ā€. No level, everyone with the same name, same clothes (yes they should remove every skins and loadout cards except the default one). All players looking the same, Iā€™m sure it will solve the issuesā€¦

I donā€™t know, at least add a checkbox to be able to display our level if we wish? And raise min level servers to 35. It is things developers have to think BEFORE releasing an updateā€¦ As they had to think about shuffle at beginning of match before removing CMMā€¦ Is there any quality manager at SD? I think everyone here know the answer. But even an open beta need some love :cry:

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #44

Oi, Rhino is all muscle.

(Press E) #45

This isnā€™t a personal attack on you or anyone else who wants levels hidden, all Iā€™m doing is saying my opinion on it, an opinion based on my observations of salt levels in the matches Iā€™ve played and the comments Iā€™ve read. No, I havenā€™t conducted a survey across the entire world, itā€™s just what Iā€™ve witnessed in game. Maybe you got unlucky with a lot of salty players in your matches, but I have nothing to gain from lying about my experiences lol.
Please focus on the actual point of my comment instead of getting hung up on my poor choice of words, because I actually want to hear what other people think instead of just ā€œif you use a hyperbole youā€™re wrongā€

Tl;DR, Iā€™m sorry if you take any offence to any of my posts, itā€™s not my intention. This is a forum, I want to hear what everyone has to say even if they donā€™t agree with me. Nothing here is worth getting stressed or worked up over, so can we please go back to actually talking about the topic of the thread calmly, instead of my bad english?

(n-x) #46

I have to agree with @OCB-Wildcard it has itā€™s pros and cons. But this is nothing you can give SD really crap for. The removal of levels is something that was demanded over and over again in the past. Of course, it is not the absolute solution to imbalanced games, but with the current population there is no solution to this problem.

The point of removing levels has always been to prevent low level players from leaving the lobby, when they see a high level player and to put a stop to all the shit talk high level players get, when they either carry or underperform.

(DarkangelUK) #47

What, where is any offence shown? I think youā€™re blowing this way out of proportion, this is generally how discussions go, there is no emotion driven text here m8, donā€™t take a counter point as ā€˜angerā€™ or ā€˜offenceā€™.

The problem with this site is that people go either one extreme or the other, no one said using hyperbole makes you wrong, seriously dude where did that come from, but I generally donā€™t suspect it was hyperbole but as more trying to make something more of an inflated issue than it actually is. A lot of people over exaggerate things to help justify their point instead of looking at it realistically, so ā€œrealisticallyā€ a lot of people had issues with levels on display, most of the people in testing are high levels and post some colourful chat logs frequently. Realistically it caused issues when it came to server browser games where they have the ability to switch and imbalance teams, causing leavers, causing rage. Itā€™s not ā€œunluckyā€, itā€™s a regular occurrence as I never stopped with server browser as I didnā€™t use CMM.

Again mate please stop being so emotional, there was no lack of calm in the thread because I didnā€™t agree with your point or your over dramatisation lol

(GatoCommodore) #48

AM I READING THESE RIGHT?
DID THEY REMOVE LEVELS?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can see where people are coming from but I too support that levels are hidden now. One might think that this change merely exists to sweep the balance problem under the carpet so to speak, however from my experience atleast there were numerous matches where players created the balance problem themselves, by becoming intimidated by levels and starting to quit.

(Aerodrome) #50

they remove lvl bcoz nubs is too afraid to see my 442 lvl
:open_mouth:

anyway. I accept all latest updates. It was good.
but for now ā€¦ games without lvl its bad
but im waiting new servers with lvl restrictions ā€¦ so I donā€™t care a lot about lvl
for me its even better ā€¦ so all high lvl come to private server

(Amerika) #52

Iā€™ve mentioned this before, but I would love for account levels to be hidden because they tend to just be sore points for people and they add little positive value. However, to make sure you know youā€™re around competent players, I would love to see a return of Merc levels that you can max.

For example, give each merc a max level of 5. It wonā€™t be incredibly hard to get the Merc to 5 but it will stop there. So people who are playing with you know that on that Merc you are most likely competent and have at least X amount of experience. SD could tie small cosmetic rewards to maxing out each Merc levels. And then, at some point in the future, the max level of a merc could be raised to, say, 8. Then new cosmetic rewards could be tied to them and events tied to them if somebody maxes out a merc during the event or other such things.

This achieves a few things. One, it adds another kind of fun but not required carrot for people to work towards in regards to playing Mercs and gives another option for an event (say an anniversary event = merc level increases). Another is that people can visibly see that their teammates have a decent amount of time on the Mercs they have and know that they are experienced with themā€¦but canā€™t use something like ā€œomg youā€™re 500???ā€ against them for both taunting reasons as to why they are losing, griping about balance issues and negative effects of that nature.

Thatā€™s just my two centsā€¦which Iā€™ve been spewing for quite a few years now haha. But, the idea is more relevant now than before due to the change.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #53

@n-x Just for the record, that was not me trying to give SD crap for it. I was merely pointing out that it is a band-aid solution that was left as their only immediate option with how far along it was allowed to get; I fault them for letting it go unchecked for this long, not for doing something about it.

That being said I am aware itā€™s been requested for a long time and I have no issue with the choice; this is Splash Damageā€™s baby, not mine after all, and they made the choice they deemed best. I merely feel they backed themselves into a corner here by letting it go neglected as an issue for this long; they left themselves in a situation where their only choice was to make the quick band-aid solution that has been requested for years, and thus had no time to think up their own solutions or alternatives. If anything, thatā€™s all I really fault them for.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #54

@Kirays Indeed. Unfortunately the levels still show up when a player kills you, next to the Loadout they used to kill you, in the kill cam; which kind of defeats the purpose of hiding them in the first place. Iā€™m not sure if this is a developer oversight or intended, but levels arenā€™t hidden completely at the moment.

(Ptiloui) #55

@OCB-Wildcard It is not intended :wink:

(K1X455) #56

So after all this, can we have like a balance of latency distribution?

Come on.

If you claim that the net-code of DB is fine, then you need to get out of that rock youā€™re hiding on.

(hawkeyeguy99) #57

But this whole thing is pointless because you can still see the levels of the person who killed you. Yeah, itā€™s not visually displayed on the team rosters anymore but if someone kills you it shows you their level so itā€™s not fixed at all. Itā€™s barely a band-aid.

(DarkangelUK) #58

Itā€™s a bug, I mean literally in this thread it says the devs know its an oversight and will be fixed, itā€™s 2 posts above your reply.

(hawkeyeguy99) #59

oh lol missed that one my bad

(Stokes) #60

I would love to see them implement a 1 name only for an accountā€¦ A lot of people hide behind so many different names. I welcome hiding the levels. Levels really donā€™t mean anything to me. I can usually tell if someone is good or not. Would making only having one name for an account really change anything?

(HadronZodiac) #61

Imo as said, its covering up a problem, not fixing it.

You agree matches are complete wild cards, now its impossible to see why (except for throwing people into matches and calling it balance)

(DarkangelUK) #62

No, it fixed some problems, not all, no one claimed it was a fix for every issue but it is with some of the ones easier to deal with.