team balance

(ASD) #1

Hi,

we need some mechanik to stop thos 8 attackers vs 7 defenders at start rusching and this make the defenders to leave the server and it ends in 8:5 with one afk…

I think the server should count all the time the number of ACTIVE players per team and if some treshold is reached the players of the “stronger” team simply should get a huge number of negative XP at the end of the game for all players. also the players who leave should get negative XP…

and maybe some hint about the uneaven teams with the offer to switch teams …maybe with some extra XP for doing this

(Njsfirth) #2

It would probably just be better to introduce Auto-Balance so that when the teams are uneven the server automatically balances players onto even teams.

(ASD) #3

then you need some locking… if you force a player to the other team he will imidiatly switch back

(AssortedStuff) #4

This has been brought up before and someone suggested to implement a system similar to what’s done in Hawken, where the player is invited to switch and if he agrees he gets some sort of compensation. (I personally can’t confirm as I haven’t played that game)

(ASD) #5

ETQW has also some “invite” feature and if you accept you get some XP… but this is as far as I have seen it not verry good working… most of the time

(Florisjuh) #6

Right now the game actually punishes players for switching by giving them a suicide XP penalty so there is definitely room for improvement :slight_smile:

I was thinking, how about increasing the health of a team based on any player disadvantage they have? When playing 7vs8 for example the team with 7 players gets a 14.3% health bonus to compensate (8*100/7), when playing 6vs8 the team with 6 gets a 33.3% health bonus. The problem I try to prevent with this is that autobalance sucks! You had it in some W:ET mods and everyone hated being switched team. Besides, when the amount of players in the server is uneven swapping one player around might mean the imbalance just switches between the teams. Another solution might be to automatically fill in empty spots with bots like BRINK did afaik, but I personally think bots have no place in an online multiplayer game.

(ASD) #7

[QUOTE=Florisjuh;519466]
I was thinking, how about increasing the health of a team based on any player disadvantage they have? When playing 7vs8 for example the team with 7 players gets a 14.3% health bonus to compensate (8*100/7), when playing 6vs8 the team with 6 gets a 33.3% health bonus.[/QUOTE]

nice idea… and if this is not enouth we can do the same with damage the weakter team is doing so 6:8 they have 33% more health and do 33% more damage :slight_smile:

please only bots if they are realy good and configurable… the one from ETQW for example are horror! they do more damage to the own team then to the other … example 8 teammembers in a room and one enemy enters the room… you can be sure what all 8 throw a nade and die by nade and the enemy if some human run away and survive!