[TAW] The Art of Warfare is recruiting PC players (www.TAW.net)

(f34n0r) #1

The Art of Warfare (TAW) was formed in March of 2001 by members who played Delta Force: Land Warrior together. From these humble beginnings TAW has grown into an organization unlike any other.
Made up of 1300+ gamers from around the world who have come together with the common vision of honor, integrity, and fair play, TAW continues to adapt itself to the ever-changing landscape of gaming. With a solid foundation in its Code of Ethics, TAW has weathered the storms that have seen so many others fall.
The Art of Warfare is a home for those tired of compromise. This is an organization of loyal and dedicated members that hold each other to the highest standards. Surround yourself with people that think first of the greater good and understand the meaning of teamwork. Join a community of like-minded gamers, but find a family.
If you want to put your time and energy into another small, fly-by-night “clan” that will be gone in a couple months, then TAW is NOT for you. However, if you are up to the challenge of taking part in a real online organization of dedicated gamers that have bonded together with a common purpose of more organized, fun, and better gaming, all while kicking everyone else’s “rear-end” on the field, then this is the place for you.

What does TAW have to offer?
In TAW’s Brink Division we do 2 organized matches per week. In TAW we do regular tournaments that can last several weeks or months where people are broken into teams called “platoons” and compete on a series of maps and game modes. Everything is scheduled ahead of time so there is a lot of planning and strategy that goes out. It is like a real war. We also have a whole set of training staff called who will teach you to get better at the game. We accept people of all skill levels and can work to bring out your full gaming potential. With the release of the Brink Dedicated Server files, TAW is deploying dedicated servers all over the world from machines everywhere. Expect to see a lot of TAW servers on and feel free to come play on them.

Who is TAW looking for?
Currently we have two groups in our Brink Division: American and European.
-The American group meets up on Sundays and Tuesdays @9pm EST .
-The European group meets up on Sundays and Wednesdays @8pm GMT.
-We are looking to add an Asian/Australian/Oceanic group as soon as we get members from that region, we would be flexible on choosing match times for them depending on the schedules of the members who joined first.
-TAW will be running competition teams for all of its regions (ie: NA, EU, OC, etc.), so if you are very competitive and want to enter into international tournaments, join TAW to win.

What is required to join TAW?
-You must be 15 years of age or older.
-You must be a mature gamer who is interested in team-based play.
-You must have a working microphone.
-You must be willing to commit to attending two matches per week most of the time (we understand real life sometimes calls us away, so occasional misses are OK).

Why should you join TAW now?
Because Brink is a new game, it is being created in TAW’s “new game division” called Vanguard. Vanguard is a place in TAW where new games are spun-up, teams are built,leadership is found and the bonds of organization are formed. Joining now will let you have an impact on how this new TAW Division will be shaped as it grows to join the other 20+ TAW Divisions that have been around for over 10 years.

How do you join TAW’s Brink Division?
Because Brink is a new game, it is being created in TAW’s “new game division” called Vanguard. To join TAW’s Brink Division, simply:

1. go to www.taw.net
  2. hover your mouse over JOIN and click “become a member of TAW”
  3. on the game banner page, scroll down to Vanguard (it is the banner with the 5 games on it, one of them being the Brink picture) and click on it
  4. on the next screen choose the Brink option

What other games does TAW play?
Age of Conan
America’s Army 3
Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bloodline Champions
Brink
Call of Duty 7: Black Ops
Combat Arms
Company of Heroes
Crysis 2
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Far Cry 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Homefront
League of Legends
Section 8: Prejudice
Starcraft
Team Fortress 2
World of Tanks
World of Warcraft

How does membership in TAW work?
When you join TAW, you become a member of a specific game Division. However, we all use one teamspeak server as our gathering place and you can always see the other members from the other gaming Divisions when they are online. As long as it does not conflict with your primary game group’s meeting time, you can always play with other groups for their organized matches if you find out when they are.

What are the benefits of TAW membership?
-TAW gives you a website @ Taw.net with lots of game and user-generated content is published.
-TAW gives you a large set of forums for all of its gaming Divisions and general forums as well.
-TAW gives you a unifed teamspeak server for all 1300 members to use as our main “gathering place” when gaming.
-TAW gives you numerous FTP websites and servers around the world. TAW has X-fire, Steam, Facebook and Twitter groups.
-TAW gives you a merchandise shop where members can purchase T-shirts, hats, pins, posters and other items for their gaming Divisions or general TAW-themed goods. Members can also submit new designs to the TAWshop.
-TAW gives you a semi-weekly radio show called the “TAWcast” which has news, interviews and general TAW highlights.

If you’ve played other games, chances are you’ve seen TAW around. We have built a respected and formidable reputation that precedes us. Make the choice to join TAW today. We are waiting for you, click this button to get started.

(TAW l Dakota) #2

Joining TAW was one of the best decisions I have ever made, constant and consistently a good time! The amount of effort the TAW community gives to the member base to help them master their craft is impressive. Highly recommended if your looking for a mature organized good time.

(DukeNukeM) #3

I totally agree with Dakota. Being a part of this great community let me have a chance to speak with and game with so many new friends from all over the world. You won’t regret it.

BTW we have 2 new 16 slot servers up now.

AMSTERDAM EU
steam://connect/85.17.231.75:27022
IP: 85.17.231.75 PORT: 27022

DALLAS NA
steam://connect/173.193.23.235:27022
IP: 173.193.23.235 PORT: 27022

Come join us and play! :slight_smile:

(BlackLung) #4

If you’re looking to enjoy this game to its maximum potential, organized teamplay is the only way to go. TAW is the best place for drama free gaming with a fun teamplay experience.

www.taw.net

(Outlavv) #5

We’ve been having some really good games lately. Check out our pub servers for some great carnage.

(ThaWhack) #6

I just submitted my application please take a look! wanting to join soon as possible

(Outlavv) #7

We have renamed our servers. Find them now under:

[TAW.net] The Art of Warfare | EU Amsterdam
steam://connect/85.17.231.75:27022
IP: 85.17.231.75 PORT: 27022

[TAW.net] The Art of Warfare | NA Dallas
steam://connect/173.193.23.235:27022
IP: 173.193.23.235 PORT: 27022

(f34n0r) #8

After a lot of effort and a lot of thought, TAW is shutting down it’s Brink division.

There is not enough support for the PC version of this game and it is clear the developers are going to squeeze it for more money with DLCs and not release an SDK kit for custom maps or mods.

SplashDamage, Quake Wars was arguably the greatest game I have ever played, it was near gaming perfection. Try and go back to that level of support and content and user-friendliness if you ever make another game.

For now, you have to re-earn the trust of the PC gaming community.

(Jamieson) #9

As the Leader of the EU Brink Team in TAW I just want to say thanks to the new members we recruited, but at the same time expresss my disapointement with the lack of support that has been provided.

I would therefore like to make a list of the problems that I have experienced in order to provide feedback to SD for the future.

1. No SDK - This could have helped the games longevity greatly and would have made the playerbase more confident about the developers support for the game.

2. Server Admin tools - The server tools for Brink were just the bare bones and pretty much meant you had to give out the rcon pass to people just so they could kick people. The system in ETQW was great so it just baffles me how this was overlooked.

3. Perfomance - Even on new machines the FPS aint that great and it is obvious there were many issues with ATI cards. Perhaps it would be better to remove all those objects in the world to increase performance.

4. VOIP default to off - This was just a big NO for the PC market, I am even more annoyed as I remember bringing up this issue pretty much a year before the game was released.

5. Interface and menus - One of the most annoying things in the game is how much clicking you have to do to navigate the menus, particualrly when trying to set up fireteams to communicate on VOIP off servers. The sysem in ETQW was superior.

6. NO Pause & NO demos - this pretty much killed off the competitivty community.

7. Defensive sided maps. - This is pretty clear, its no fun to lose every single map as attack because the map is so one sided.

8. Lack of cvars and crossairs etc - the game would have benefited from unlocking cvars and more options for crossairs and such. This would have helped boost performance and allowed people to customise their huds the way they wanted.

As for positives - I think the SMART system was good, the visual style is also great and the character and gun customisation were also great features. The game could have done with another 6months development though to fix the issues above.

Hopefully in the future SD will understand the problems and mistakes made and go back to making great games like ET and ETQW.

(weeder76) #10

Yea All players Looking Into TAW Remember This, I Was in TAW i Was their BEST Recruiter,In the course of 2 weeks i recruit around 30 people [ Every 2 week’s ] Then One day i Ask ’ Hey Can i get Transferred to the World of War Paine Division" This is how they Respond . They Kick And Ban Me For AKA In Quote " Break of Regulation" , Then they Go BAN me From TS and Black List Ya, THIS is how they Treat thier Loyal Top Members, Just a Warning for Yall out their looking for a Reasonable Clan - TAW is not the Place For you, Want a Clan that Will Randomly BAN you Go ahead Join, They are a Corrupt Community. Just a WARNING For All you DONT waste your Time with them, i was in TAW For 4 Months Got around 275 People to join, That’s How they Re payed me. A big FAT BAN.

(Nail) #11

necro a 2 year old post to whine like a little girl, yep, we’ll change your star colour

(onYn) #12

First of all, I think TAW is greatfull, that you are so kind to bump that thread. Funny to think about people who join now, because someone is using a 2 years old thread, that no one was reading anymore, thinking that it´s smart to do some bad propaganda.
Anyways… I have been in TAW for a long time, and I am sure that you are talking bull**** here. If you have been in TAW for 4 years, there is no way, you get kicked without doing something that was against the rules. And if you didn´t you already should know enough people within TAW, who you can talk to, if it realy just was a random ban.
If you are a person who simply has problems to find friends within an online community tho, and are sure that you have been kicked and band without any reason, type me a private message (I wont respond to it if you write it into this thread), with some more details, and I may be able to help you out.