swd3dm1 - phrantic 2

(swelt) #1

Download (~380k)

readme snip:
Player load: 1v1, 2 - 4
Weapons: SG, 2xMG, HG, PG, CG, 2xRL.
Stuff: 2xArmour, MH.

NOTE: Megahealth is set to a 60 second respawn, not the default of 3 yawn minutes. The whole dead end concept wont really work if it spawns so infrequently.

This is my first map for Doom3, who can say if there will be others… It’s a remake of a Q3 CPMA map which I made (nodm11/cpm24). I was mainly focussing on learning the differences between D3 and Q3 editing, so it is still very Quake-ish.

(newborn) #2

I like it but thats probably unsurprising to anyone who knows me :smiley:
GW as usual, I’m interested to see how it plays.

The main thing I noticed on this map wasn’t actually anything to do with the map. Although its OT here something strange seems to happen when you fire rockets from a moving platform. i.e they dont go where they should.

(swelt) #3

Yea I noticed that. Kinda reminded me of tribes, where projectile weapons were affected by the players movement. Odd that it only seems to do it on lifts.

Following a comment from wvw, I’m thinking that I may shift the armour out of the mega dead end up to the upper RL area (more like the original, and will reduce the risk of a player getting an uber start).

Any feedback welcome!

(swelt) #4

New Version

(Zombie13) #5

Nice layout, I really liked it GG man :smiley:

Zombie

(ojax) #6

omg! yet another awesome map for DM!! Absolutely no frame drops anywhere, and after 2 hours of 1vs1 LAN, I can’ t wait until someone puts this on a internet server somewhere!!

I’ve been a RA3 / cpma player for a while now, so it felt like old times :smiley:

Thank you for porting this map into Doom 3 and great job!

cheers

ojax

(swelt) #7

New Beta

Possibly a release candidate. I’ve sped up the lava damage, tweaked the cosmetics some more, added location names, split the 1 large rocket ammo into 2 smalls and seperated, replaced entities with the _mp versions (oops) and changed the levelshot to a pic of the megaroom.

(swelt) #8

New version, release candidate. Lots of tweaks, including some funkier lava, particles and barrels.