Suggestions Regarding Ranked Cards

(zenious@hotmail.co.uk) #1

Season Exclusive cards are a bit of an RNG chore at the moment if I’m perfectly honest. You spend an entire season grinding points for boxes to be left after 3 months with maybe 1 or 2 regularly usable cards. I suspect most players (like me) have bronze and above ‘‘best’’ or ‘‘Favorite’’ cards for the mercs they play regularly so the only time one of the ‘‘Exclusive’’ cards will be of any use is if they match the favored card.
So when the season is up you are left with an inventory filled with cards you will never use and can’t trade in.

My suggestion would be either let people trade in the Season cards for an amount of loadout fragments equal or greater than the equivalent of a cobalt
or Add in a system to ‘‘Re-roll’’ a card for either 20k credits, 5k loadout fragments or microtrans.
I think this would be doubly useful as it could act as a credit-sink for those of us who have purchased all the mercs and have nothing to spend credits on. Would give people a reason to farm credits again and also lessen the blow of opening boxes to find nothing usable.

(GabebutGood) #2

@zenious@hotmail.co.uk said:
Season Exclusive cards are a bit of an RNG chore at the moment if I’m perfectly honest. You spend an entire season grinding points for boxes to be left after 3 months with maybe 1 or 2 regularly usable cards. I suspect most players (like me) have bronze and above ‘‘best’’ or ‘‘Favorite’’ cards for the mercs they play regularly so the only time one of the ‘‘Exclusive’’ cards will be of any use is if they match the favored card.
So when the season is up you are left with an inventory filled with cards you will never use and can’t trade in.

My suggestion would be either let people trade in the Season cards for an amount of loadout fragments equal or greater than the equivalent of a cobalt
or Add in a system to ‘‘Re-roll’’ a card for either 20k credits, 5k loadout fragments or microtrans.
I think this would be doubly useful as it could act as a credit-sink for those of us who have purchased all the mercs and have nothing to spend credits on. Would give people a reason to farm credits again and also lessen the blow of opening boxes to find nothing usable.

Not bad ideas, personally i think it would be best if you had a normal card with a load out that you have obtained, traded that one and a competitive one of the same merc and the competitive would come out as the normal card’s load out. on the aspect of obtaing ranked cases from drops, it could give you a token instead and you would be able to purchase a ranked A or B case, i think that would lessen the RNG a bit.

(Tehumanairstrik) #3

I have one ranked card.
A MO11 Vassili.
I am currently trying to learn him.

(aminuseternal) #4

Nothing like putting all that time to get good at spotkin to get a vasdili card that i will never use…

(Darkwolf3802) #5

Its not like its possible to even obtain ranked points. The US East server is dead for competitive play you cant even get a match. If you cant get a match you cant buy anything from the ranked store. Everything that costs ranked points only is there to look at. I want to nab some stuff but its impossible to get matches and it seems like the team has no intention of making it possible to obtain this stuff a diff way.

(Shenaynays) #6

I would love it if you were able to get merc specific ranked cases for a slightly higher price in the rank shop and have the completely random ones stay as drops.

(Darkwolf3802) #7

@Shenaynays said:
I would love it if you were able to get merc specific ranked cases for a slightly higher price in the rank shop and have the completely random ones stay as drops.

Agreed. Im really mainly looking for Aura and Bushwhacker cards cause those 2 r mains.