Suggestion ID?

(Patriotqube) #1

I just checked the amount of server, there are less than 50, and as im writing this there are 16 ppl playing

that goes for PC Players

So I imagine that you are not earning any money at all on this game anymore. And the chances of earning any in the future seems extremely small aka nonexistant.

So why not make the game free now ? (again for pc, i have no idea how it is on consoles) including the DLC’s

Just stop suuport the clansite imo, cant see the use of it.

Make the game and the DLC’s free and announce it on Steam, im sure that will bring back some good days, and maybe even get some people to stay at the game.

would be great if you and Bethesda could agree on this :slight_smile:

Its not like you are loosing any money on this

(zenstar) #2

I assume you mean “Suggestion SD” and not ID since id software has nothing to do with Brink other than they happened to have made an engine a few years ago.

Splash damage are the developers for Brink. And they don’t really have much of a say on pricing as I understand it. All that is Bethesda’s deal.
Making it free won’t revive it though. If it can’t compete at £5 (current price if you dig around) then it won’t compete at £0. Especially if it’s up against something like TF2 in the same price bracket.

People didn’t jump ship because of the price of Brink.

(Patriotqube) #3

yeyeye just rub it in

ofc i ment that, somehow ID just been on my mind lately :slight_smile:

yeah it was SD i ment

idea isnt that bad imo

(millerq3) #4

Patriotqube i’m with you on this…
before what is left of those who’ve supported them by hosting a server decide to pull the plug due to a dwindling PC community.
And it’s pointless throwing hard earned cash in what seams to be an unsupported game.:frowning:

(DarkangelUK) #5

Just in case you missed zen’s post, this is Bethesda’s call and I don’t think they hang around here much. You could suggest it on their forums, but I wouldn’t hold much hope.

(tangoliber) #6

For some strange reason, a lot more people will play a free game than a 5 dollar one. So yea, I support just making the game abandonware at this point.

(tokamak) #7

Yes they are, distributing through Steam isn’t free. One thing we can all agree on is that it’s not like they’re gaining any money on this.

(Ruben0s) #8

If I were a gamestore owner I would send back all my Brink copies if the game got F2P, especially if the game gets free within a year.

Anyway, if they do decide to make their game to be F2P, I wouldn’t pick Brink but ET:QW because that game is simply way better.

(sanDIOkan) #9

cause noone wants it even if its free?

(Feelgood) #10

Best thing to do is send a support ticket to Bethesda on this issue.

Going thru Steam is not FREE. However, release it for FREE and bittorrent will do the rest. :slight_smile:

(Feelgood) #11

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;393912]If I were a gamestore owner I would send back all my Brink copies if the game got F2P, especially if the game gets free within a year.

Anyway, if they do decide to make their game to be F2P, I wouldn’t pick Brink but ET:QW because that game is simply way better.[/QUOTE]

They are damn near doing that now. A guy in the Steam forums posted he picked it up GameStop for a penny…

Brink for Cheap!

(zeromoya) #12

the clan site is broken anyway, to go along with all of SD’s broken promises.

People have told me they would get Brink if the game dropped down to 5 and stayed there.

(racoon5022) #13

Great minds think alike.

(gold163) #14

It doesn’t matter if it’s free if people are just going to drop it the same day anyway. The problem is with the game itself. Going free to play wouldn’t do anything either, since there are better free to play games out there anyway.

(SockDog) #15

Source?

From my understanding Steam doesn’t charge anything for hosting/distributing a game, they take a split of the revenue, don’t forget all those tiny indie games on Steam. With a few exceptions (mods and some free games) most games on Steam generate revenue in one way or another and I’d think if Brink was to offer paid content or Steam Workshop integration Valve would be perfectly happy.

Don’t forget that Valve sees people using Steam as a positive thing even if it’s at the cost of some bandwidth. Better you’re logged in (and locked in) than off in the wilds unaware Steam even exists. Even hosting Mods ultimately benefits Steam by making their supporting products more likely to sell. It’s quite refreshing to see a company that can think beyond the end of its nose.

Anyway, just saying that I don’t think Valve/Steam would be the greatest of barriers to this happening. Brink needs an overhaul, not something I think is impossible but I don’t see Bethesda as being the sort of company with the balls to attempt.

(Apples) #16

I have a better idea, get a better publisher that support finished products and that doesnt rush the release line along with “dont try to fix what isnt broken”, put a decent price (like 40€) instead of the 60€ crappy games we see nowaday, profit.

(gold163) #17

you can’t just blame the publisher. SD made the call to ship out early, didn’t they?

(Apples) #18

I’m really not sure any studio is willingly shipping a game full of bugs… I’m also quite sure the whole “No demo or beta” thing was the publisher’s call. Its an infinite debate as we’ll never know the truth, but still, to me, if I’m working on a product I wont release it till its done, unless someone who pay me for my job force me to do so, it’s simple logic.