Suddenly I only face better players

(JoeySmokes45) #1

So i’ve been playing this game for about a month or 2 and so far it’s been pretty decent, sometimes I face good players, sometimes worse, same with teammates, but suddenly this last week all I face is players running around getting non stop headshots, turning a corner and they headshot you, snipers at range jumping getting easy headshots, just now a minute ago I face a guy with 25 kills and at least 20 of them were headshots including one where he jumped in front of me with his back toward me shooting at a teammate of mine.
He had time to headshot my enemy, turn around and headshot me before the two of us could kill him, and yes i’m sure we hit him cause he stood like 5 feet from me and I was shooting with 50 bullets in my mag, he survives 50 bullets and headshoots us both within 2 seconds.
No this isn’t a hacker claim I just can’t understand what has happened cause like I wrote at first, I met all kinds of enemies and teammates before but suddenly all I face are people way above my skill which makes it no fun for me getting at most 10 kills per round if i’m lucky but at least twice that amount in deaths, and also it makes me a liability for my team cause clearly everyone is too skilled for me and thus they struggle having me on their team.
I mostly play Casual and that’s where I first noticed it, these last couple of round I’ve tried searching for servers and trying out different ones there but after 5 different servers I still experience the same trouble, facing enemies way above my skill and this just started like a week ago suddenly.
Wth is going on?

(blufflord) #2

Maybe you recently went out of max lv 6 servers :wink:
On a more serious note, I had my team mate in game yesterday say the exact same thing, but I really haven’t noticed much of a different. I guess some of the good ‘ranked players’ might be on pubs whilst it’s off-season, I really don’t see that many of them.

(JoeySmokes45) #3

@blufflord said:
Maybe you recently went out of max lv 6 servers :wink:
On a more serious note, I had my team mate in game yesterday say the exact same thing, but I really haven’t noticed much of a different. I guess some of the good ‘ranked players’ might be on pubs whilst it’s off-season, I really don’t see that many of them.

No idea, I mean I have met good players every now and then and that was fine, it was rare for me to face a team where the entire team got like 7-8k points or more, and even more rare to see someone get more than 10k, but now when I play every player get around 7-8k points or more every round I play and it just came suddenly.
Could be the off season thing you say, but then again it’s weird that I face a lot of those ranked players, could be that i’m just unlucky but damn how unlucky am I then xD

(CO_Grit) #4

Unfortunately I don’t think there are enough players to give you a fair match each time. Eventually the search parameters are going to choose players of higher and higher skill as time goes on just to get a game started. If SD could bolster the player count or hurry up with
rentable servers, we might get to go back to having rookie, Min 10, and Min 20 servers. One can hope, because no one likes getting stomped. It’s a huge turnoff from the game.

(Melinder) #5

Yea sorry me and the boys felt like playing DB for a bit.

(JoeySmokes45) #6

@CO_Grit said:
Unfortunately I don’t think there are enough players to give you a fair match each time. Eventually the search parameters are going to choose players of higher and higher skill as time goes on just to get a game started. If SD could bolster the player count or hurry up with
rentable servers, we might get to go back to having rookie, Min 10, and Min 20 servers. One can hope, because no one likes getting stomped. It’s a huge turnoff from the game.

Well it’s not exactly a turn off, at least not yet, it’s just that the skill level of people I played with went from like decent/mediocre to suddenly everybody being skilled and in rounds where I could sometimes be good and do objectives or revive people on the regular turned to being a fight to survive and actually contribute at all and it took me by surprise.
I don’t mind them raising the skill gap for me after a while but it just feels like they raised it a few bars too much and now i’m stuck with either sucking and dragging the team down, hoping I start facing people withing my skill level again or just giving the game up and I have to admit if i’m stuck there for a while more I don’t know if there’s any point in playing on.
I like the game, but i’m not the person to try and be among the best at the game and spend hours and hours trying to be better, i’m at most decent and that’s it, sometimes I have a good round and get 20-30 kills, other rounds I can’t get that many kills so I just focus on trying to get objectives or playing as a healer instead.

(GatoCommodore) #7

congrats, youre a better player than you are before

youre not expecting to play easy-mode all the way right?

(JoeySmokes45) #8

@GatoCommodore said:

No that’s not what i’m saying, but let’s say on a scale from 1-10 i’m a lvl 3 player, and so far I’ve met lvl 2-3 players, sometimes even 4, but suddenly the skill gap has jumped to 6-7 so basically i’m playing with and against players who are 3-4 levels above me and that’s kinda unfair, not just for me but to the people on my team.
If this was like Fifa or NBA or something where I play alone and my lack of skill is punishing me then fine, but when it’s a team based game like this then several others suffer from my lack of skill and that’s just stupid, would you be happy cause you had that one guy one your team who sucked and just a little more skill from him could have changed the tide of war?

(watsyurdeal) #9

@JoeySmokes45 said:
would you be happy cause you had that one guy one your team who sucked and just a little more skill from him could have changed the tide of war?

I would not care, because I can only focus on what I can do better, not demand more from the people I play with. Cause when you get older you realize you can only control you and nobody else.

(GatoCommodore) #10

@JoeySmokes45 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

No that’s not what i’m saying, but let’s say on a scale from 1-10 i’m a lvl 3 player, and so far I’ve met lvl 2-3 players, sometimes even 4, but suddenly the skill gap has jumped to 6-7 so basically i’m playing with and against players who are 3-4 levels above me and that’s kinda unfair, not just for me but to the people on my team.
If this was like Fifa or NBA or something where I play alone and my lack of skill is punishing me then fine, but when it’s a team based game like this then several others suffer from my lack of skill and that’s just stupid, would you be happy cause you had that one guy one your team who sucked and just a little more skill from him could have changed the tide of war?

skill gap between 1-10 is very small dont worry about it.
the difference between you and a level 6-7 is they play longer.
ive seen new players play better than a level 20s

just worry if you get paired with level 30 or 100s

(Meerkats) #11

Think of it as tough love.

Sounds like you haven’t encountered El Diablo. Some believe he is nothing but a myth, fabricated to frighten naughty children into behaving. Legend has it he once wiped an entire spawn wave of noobs in a 8v8 server by himself, armed with only a pre-buff Caulden, two mags and a beckhill combat knife. Maybe others have other stories of him to share, but what I do know is that I encountered him ingame once, and never do I wish to again. I don’t even remember the match. When it was over, it felt as if I had woken from a dream, but my blood was cold like ice. I felt feeble, and when I gazed upon myself in a mirror, the bent, grim and ghastly figure who returned my gaze I did not recognize.

@JoeySmokes45 said:
The issues and frustrations you are experiencing are intended to be ameliorated through casual matchmaking ( CMM ). Unfortunately, right now CMM sucks primarily due to inadequate player base and not devs being retarded as some might have you believe. Hopefully, it will get better.

Also:

P.S.: Best place to get advice if you’re a scrubling is to check out some Dirty Bomb streamers on twitch. Caveat - Normally, the twitch community for Dirty Bomb is great, but recently, there’s been a few douchebags going around trolling as retaliation for being banned from Dirty Bomb. I just know the ringleader is xDOzzie; if you see them, just ignore them.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #12

Maybe some of the not so good players quit, leaving only good one for you to fight. I’ve been running into more elite players these past few weeks as well.

Your MMR probably increased a bit and now you are more likely to be considered for higher skilled matches. It should drop down again if you don’t belong there, though. That’s my assumption anyway.

(Sorotia) #14

The (un)casual match making has usually been pretty bad for me, maybe you just got lucky. Most games I play I’m either on one side or the other of a stomp, more than half the time the team can’t even push the first objective of a map.

(pr0nflakes) #15

I can remember exactly that point back in the days when I started with DB. Before I felt like being a little god because I have a lot of experience with DB-like games, mainly ET which I played competetive for years. DB was an easy game to me.
But dealing with higher lvl players, and loosing like a real beginner, made me to be sooo ambitous to keep going that I still play this game until now.

Keep going, the real fun will start right now! Take the challange, you will not regret.

(AlbinMatt) #16

Replace “match” with “syllabus” and “enemies” with “papers and presentations”. Maybe that will help you understand.

Congratulations for making it out the sub level 5 slump. Now you’re a grown up with more responsibilities and challenges. As you’ve described, it won’t be easy, but sooner or later you will learn that sitting around in ez mode is not how you mature. Not in DB, infinitely so in real life.

Edit: one such of these challenges is attempting to type correctly on a dimly lit keyboard after a sleepless night.

(RectalTerror) #17

I’m lvl70 and I’m experiencing the same as the OP. Too many instakillers now. You get all of the shots in your head at once, before even seeing the enemy.

Possible causes, as I wrote in another post:
-players coming from execution mode, as that was the mode for aimers
-a new trend among CS playerbase to come pubstomp in DB
-a lag-related bug, as it really feels like playing on high-lag servers, the way we’re getting all shots at once now.
-new aimbots… but it feels too widespread to be that

(Nail) #18

lol. you’re hilarious

seriously, what colour is the sun on your planet ?

:slight_smile:

(kittz0r) #19

I didn’t know that CS Players Pubstomp in DB, they mostly suck.

But that Bullets are spawned as one and insta kills you is kinda known and was always a Problem but nobody at SD cares anymore. They are happy with their crap Servers and Hitdetection.

(znuund) #20

@376E1AE459B1 said:
I’m lvl70 and I’m experiencing the same as the OP. Too many instakillers now. You get all of the shots in your head at once, before even seeing the enemy.

Possible causes, as I wrote in another post:
-players coming from execution mode, as that was the mode for aimers
-a new trend among CS playerbase to come pubstomp in DB
-a lag-related bug, as it really feels like playing on high-lag servers, the way we’re getting all shots at once now.
-new aimbots… but it feels too widespread to be that

no buddy, it is all (at least mainly) about mind set. I was reading your post in your thread. As it is true, that you are getting older, your hand-eye coordination should still be enough to emerge as victor in a duel.
What is really not helping is your mindset which is also the same problem as OP’s. Yours is a bit more problematic as you really are convinced about your personal and unshakable opinion of DB’s player base and play style. You should really take a step back to evaluate your play and approach this from another point.

As for the OP: You are on the way of improving. Just continue. Eventually you will get used to the level of skill and then it all looks easy again. That’s how all of this works: You face a problem - you try to solve it by improving yourself, rather than the contrary.

It is one of the things, (competitive) gaming taught me which I apply to my life - very successfully.