Stream Round-Up: 20th June 2018

Trading:

• Trading was supposed to be live with the mercserver update already, but when it was exchanged with Valve to make sure everything was functioning on both ends unforeseeable issues arised which caused the delay. Fortunately they have been ironed out.
  • The devs have the new loot box regulations for the netherlands in mind. They might have to disable trading for these players due to that (just like Valve did) and is something they’re currently investigating.

Rentable servers:

• The devs hope to get rentable servers out next week (this week now), do note that this is not confirmed by any means so take it with a grain of salt.

1.0:

• FACEIT is planned to be in the game with the 1.0 release. The devs do not want to publish DB without a way to play it competitively.
  • The next balance patch that was initially supposed to be released after the 1.0 release is now being published alongside it. It’s still undecided what’s specifically included but shotguns, burst rifles and also sniper rifles will all benefit from it.
  • No further info when 1.0 launches.

New player experience:

• At the moment the devs are focusing on the new player experience, improving the overall quality and flow of it, as a result new content is on the back foot. They are fully aware that they are currently neglecting the veteran players who have poured in countless of hours into the game, but there is little point in adding additional end-game content that, in comparison, only a handful of players reach because the majority never get there due to a not ideal first experience.
  • The new tutorial is performing incredibly well, soon all players will have access to it.
  • A reward for watching all the tutorial videos will be implemented sometime down the line, what the reward is going to be hasn’t been decided yet.

Quick join:

• The devs decided to let quick join make a return because the current player base isn’t large enough to be split across the previous three modes (server browser, casual matchmaking and ranked). The queue times ended up being too long, hence the removal of the latter two. It is not out of the question for the party feature and an in-house competitive mode to return, the only requirement there is is simply more players.
  • Speaking of quick join, there are a whole bunch of improvements for it on the way, although there is no date on them just yet.

Other:

• They don’t plan on updating the current soundtrack.
  • Shoe. has a real life shoe. trinket printed by Andarne.

(Runeforce) #2

Since you got it from the horses own mouth, it sounds confirmed to me. Or are you telling us that they might secretly hope for it to not get it out next week (this week now)? :slight_smile:

btw. thanks for the summary.

(DarkangelUK) #3

Why would they hope for it not to get out? If they didn’t want to release them then they wouldn’t, not secretly hope that its not working.

I’m afraid I can’t tell you anymore than that, those were shoe’s own words.

You’re welcome! :kiraface:

(Runeforce) #5

My point exactly.

(DarkangelUK) #6

Sorry I’m confused, what point?

(Runeforce) #7

That it is confirmed that they hope to get it out in the schedule laid out.

(DarkangelUK) #8

When he says “Do note that this is not confirmed”, he means that the this is strictly their hopes and a time they’re aiming for, its just not confirmed that it will definitely be next week.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #9

server browser>all

(Terminal_6) #10

I’m glad the new player experience is being focused on. The new tutorial looks pretty cool, but a bit threadbare so far. I’m getting tired of teaching new players that Aura stations don’t stack, only one person can repair something at a time, which mercs are engies, the primary obj exists, you need to be near the EV to move it, if you touch the EV you’ll be sucked through an interdimensional rift, etc.

(HadronZodiac) #11

Hold up the devs actually read what we say? :open_mouth:

jk jk im happy for this