Stream Round-Up: 16th May 2018

Hello! :slight_smile:

Recently shoe. has started streaming again so I thought of picking up the stream round-ups anew. Feel free to add any points if you think I have missed something important!

1.0:

The 1.0 release is being held back until after June due to some exciting partnerships coming up which will assist marketing DB.
There are no plans for a new trailer similar to the scrubs one since creating one takes an enormous amount of money and time (these are outsourced).
There won’t be any new maps introduced with the full release.
Attachments are not going into the 1.0 release and are indefinitely on hold.

FACEIT:

FACEIT is the upcoming competitive platform where you will be able to host your own tournaments. Skins might be introduced for it however information is quite limited so nothing is set in stone yet. It’s not known if FACEIT going to be integrated into the game or if you’ll only be able to use it via your web browser/FACEIT desktop program just yet.

Execution:

Once it’s ready, Execution is going to be available via rentable servers with or after the 1.0 release.
At this point SD doesn’t plan on hosting any of their own servers for Execution.

Balance:

There will be no balance patch until after the 1.0 release.
Smooth is working on improving the algorithm for quick join.
A melee rework is not planned.
The devs don’t intend to alter spawn timers.

Rentable servers:

You will only be able to rent servers from SD’s provider. Hosting your own won’t be possible.
They will launch with an initial feature set which will be added to over time.

Other:

Initially they planned on implementing some large changes to the loadout card system, but at this point of time there are no plans to make further changes.
Casual matchmaking could make a return if the playerbase gets big enough.
It would be difficult to integrate the MVP screen from casual matchmaking to quick join due to how their back-end functions. It’s not a simple drop-out, drop-in thing and this implementation is not planned.
In terms of transparency they think they are at the best they have been for a long time, but of course there is always room for improvement.
They don’t plan on reintroducing older versions of the maps.
If they did introduce ability skins they won’t go crazy with them, but no plans to do this currently.
When FACEIT is integrated, we’re currently not looking to integrate FairFight as EAC should be sufficient. Having multiple anti-cheat systems running can cause issues so this is something to consider
They have a new obsidians ready, however they are waiting for the right time to release them.

(Unrivaled) #2

Thanks a lot!

(B_Montiel) #3

@Kirays said:
Rentable servers:

You will only be able to rent servers from SD’s provider. Hosting your own won’t be possible.
They will launch with an initial feature set which will be added to over time.

In other terms, they’ll limit renting to multiplay only. Big bag of shit with no support and no willing to improve their customer experience for a massive amount of money.

(Ptiloui) #4

So… hum… can someone explain me what they are working on in the end ? Because with this recap, I can’t see. I hope this is not another useless merc…

(Mc1412013) #5

@Ptiloui said:
So… hum… can someone explain me what they are working on in the end ? Because with this recap, I can’t see. I hope this is not another useless merc…

Something about new partnerships being forged along with faceit

(Mc1412013) #6

@kirays forgot sky hamer obsidian is ready just waiting for a good time to release.

I was suposed to poke shoe on doscord but i forgot why

No plans on humblebundle /logitech/ alienware style partner skin as of right now with exception of posible faceit skins.

Also shoe said he has not been given a response in reference to a posibility on old maps for rent servers. I asked this in the forums and he said on stream no but then said devs havent replied about posibilites.

And he ignored my questions about db merch like pilows and action figures

And he didnt know if i wanted to be prenounced em see or mick 1412013

Offline mode will not make a return. You will need to rent and pasword protech server if u want a play ground to practice jumps.

No plans for now for mods in rentable rwntable servers like big head mode .

And the best part is the admin of the rented server can slap the shit out of you and deal 10 damage to any player he/she wants.

(Begin2018) #7

@Ptiloui: Lol yes, it looks like there will be nothing new or fix in 1.0.

There is no reference to the EV bug, then maybe… It would be the minimum requirement for competition.

(Ptiloui) #8

@Mc1412013 said:

@Ptiloui said:

You mean, this wall of text only for “New partnerships” ? (no offence @Kirays, thanks a lot for doing this). But it’s ok, i’m glad that …

In terms of transparency they think they are at the best they have been for a long time, but of course there is always room for improvement.

So we exactly know what to expect…

(Mc1412013) #9

@Ptiloui said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@Ptiloui said:

You mean, this wall of text only for “New partnerships” ? (no offence @Kirays, thanks a lot for doing this). But it’s ok, i’m glad that …

So we exactly know what to expect…

He shoe didnt go into detail about the other partnerships only said faceit.

(Teflon Love) #10

@Mc1412013 said:
And the best part is the admin of the rented server can slap the @$!# out of you and deal 10 damage to any player he/she wants.

If there is an option that low level Vassilis automatically receive 10 damage every 5 seconds I’ll rent 3 servers just for the laughs.

(Splicerrr) #11

The 1.0 release is being held back until after June due to some exciting partnerships coming up which will assist marketing DB.

THE BLIZZARD PARTNERSHIP IS REAL! @Eox

(Splicerrr) #12

So they are basically postponing everything that they said would be in the game sooner.