Stopwatch bug, match doesn't end on victory condition

(Zeepso) #1

If one team doesn’t finish a map, but completes one of the objectives, and the other team finishes that objective faster, the game doesn’t end, even though victory is already guaranteed. It will end if the other team completes an extra objective automatically, but not if that team completes the same objective faster.

I just got finished with a game where both teams couldn’t finish the last objective on train. My team went second and manage to finish the first two objectives faster, but ran out of time on the last. When the game ended, we still won, but the game should have ended when it was impossible for us to lose.

(ZGToRRent) #2

I had this today. They made first objective faster so they won, why we are forced to play? Only Splash Damage know :stuck_out_tongue:

(Thai-San) #3

[quote=“ToRRent;17241”]I had this today. They made first objective faster so they won, why we are forced to play?
[/quote]

So you can rub the defeat in their faces :wink:

(ZGToRRent) #4

Another thing:

My team made first objective faster than enemies, nobody made second objective(map: Terminal) and we lost.

WHY?

(Szakalot) #5

[quote=“ToRRent;17330”]Another thing:

My team made first objective faster than enemies, nobody made second objective(map: Terminal) and we lost.

WHY?[/quote]

perhaps they blew one of the containers?

otherwise its a bug

(ZGToRRent) #6

Each them blew one so maybe they check the timers? Who knows.

I think, I know where is a problem regarding first posts about “not ending match”. It’s not visible in map with 2 objectives.

Situation: Map Bridge, 1 team repaired the EV in 8 minutes and nothing else.
The enemy team made it in 3 minutes so now they won but the game is still live until they will complete next objective.

(Szakalot) #7

[quote=“ToRRent;17505”][quote=“Szakalot;17502”]
perhaps they blew one of the containers?

otherwise its a bug
[/quote]
Each them blew one so maybe they check the timers? Who knows.[/quote]

this is probably what happened.

I think, I know where is a problem regarding first posts about “not ending match”. It’s not visible in map with 2 objectives.

Situation: Map Bridge, 1 team repaired the EV in 8 minutes and nothing else.
The enemy team made it in 3 minutes so now they won but the game is still live until they will complete next objective.

Aye, this is silly.

SW would be better off if the timer showed how much time you have to complete this objective. ‘you have 5min to finish 1st obj to win outright’ ‘you have 15min if you complete the whole map’

(Thai-San) #8

Same here yesterday night.
Played stopwatch terminal with a friend. We defended the wall for most of the round and when they finally got through they only managed to blow up one of the containers.
The teams switched sides and we blew the wall in the first couple of minutes and one of the containers a bit later but didn’t manage to destroy the second one as well.
But we lost, even the other team was surprised.

(Mr.Dubstab) #9

[left]You should post this in the “Report bug” section instead…
2 links for you:

(RedJets) #10

I can see it’s just not me with this same problem. I think there is definitely a problem with the ‘stopwatch’ game mode. And if it is working correctly, the conditions for a win must be outlined very clearly.

I just played a match where we planted C4 and destroyed the first objective faster than the second team. Neither team managed to destroy the second objective in the map, yet we lost. It doesn’t make sense as we were about 20 seconds quicker than them. Isn’t that what stopwatch mode is all about? I am boggled, and so were my team mates.