Steam Trading: Initial Implementation

(Mubly) #1

The upcoming update brings with the the first iteration of Steam Trading to Dirty Bomb. This is a long requested Community feature that will evolve over time, with more items being added into the mix over the next few months, with Marketplace support planned as well.

WHAT ITEMS WILL BE TRADABLE?
This initial implementation will feature the following items:

• All KMA Weapon Skins
  • All CoreSec Weapon Skins
  • All Royal Force Weapon Skins
  • All Ranked Season 4 Weapon Skins
  • All Nuclear Winter Weapon Skins
  • All Contraband Weapon Skins
  • All Weapon Skins coming in the update

As we said, this is the initial implementation and more items will be added over the coming months to expand the roster. Be sure to jump onto the Forums, Reddit and Discord to find folks to trade with!

(Mc1412013) #2

Wow so no explanation how this will work??? Will it require fragments/credits/rads/free??? How does it work???

(Unrivaled) #3

@Mc1412013 said:
Wow so no explanation how this will work??? Will it require fragments/credits/rads/free??? How does it work???

It works like any trading on Steam, you give your trade link to someone, he sends you a trade offer, and you either accept or decline the offer. Or the other way around and you’re the one who sends the trade offer. So no, no credits/fragments/rads involved.

(Mc1412013) #4

@Unrivaled said:

@Mc1412013 said:

It works like any trading on Steam, you give your trade link to someone, he sends you a trade offer, and you either accept or decline the offer. Or the other way around and you’re the one who sends the trade offer. So no, no credits/fragments/rads involved.

Never traded anything on steam

(Ptiloui) #5

@Mc1412013 said:

@Unrivaled said:

@Mc1412013 said:

Never traded anything on steam

The way it works is that first, all your tradeable ingame items are part of your steam inventory : you and other players can see them in Steam by going through your profile (depends on your privacy settings).

If they see something they’re interested in, they can send you a message before creating a Steam offer. You then accept the trade between the item they want and the item you want from their inventory. After a few days, the trade is done and items are finally traded.

The other thing you can do is put your items on sale on the Steam market. Depending on the trend of each item, you can sell them to other players for a few cents or, in case of rarer skins, much higher price. The most expensive skins in CS:GO are being sold for hundreds of euros. I don’t believe DB will reach those high prices (even though it could mean the game is in a good spot) but it was just to give you an example.

(ThePigVomit) #6

I disapprove of ranked skins being tradable. Granted I have almost none that are useful to me, but if you didn’t play ranked games, you shouldn’t have ranked skins.

Outside of that, yay!

(Xenithos) #7

@ThePigVomit said:
I disapprove of ranked skins being tradable. Granted I have almost none that are useful to me, but if you didn’t play ranked games, you shouldn’t have ranked skins.

Outside of that, yay!

I think it’s just the weapon skins, and to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t care either way. I think if you get a good offer of like 3 nuclear skins for your ranked skin then why not, rofl.

(OwynTyler) #8

I never got to like weapon skins… so, how soon is loadout card trading?

(Mc1412013) #9

@OwynTyler said:
I never got to like weapon skins… so, how soon is loadout card trading?

Db 2.0??? Lol

(hawkeyeguy99) #10

My big question is will I finally be able to sell/trade my locked weapon cases? Cuz we all know I ain’t spending $5 on a key to open them.

(ThePigVomit) #11

Yup, i’ve got 33 cases that I’d rather not recycle.