STEAM MARKETPLACE IN JANUARY

(GatoCommodore) #1

DID I HEARD IT RIGHT?
around 3:10

(dlux) #2

It was mentioned in the FAQ yesterday.

(Ptiloui) #3

Just as stated in the FAQ about weapon skins :

At the launch of the Weapon Card system we will not be supporting Steam Marketplace. However, in January we will be initially looking to implement Steam Marketplace support for dropped cases; allowing you guys to sell any cases you don’t want to open.

EDIT : @dlux was faster :smiley:

(TitaniumRapture) #4

Oh i love that RtCW music in the end. :slight_smile:

(Sorotia) #5

So I may not even be able to get the skin I want with the gun I want not thanks to shitty RNG but just not available? System just sounds worse and worse every day…

(TitaniumRapture) #6

@Sorotia said:
So I may not even be able to get the skin I want with the gun I want not thanks to @$!# RNG but just not available? System just sounds worse and worse every day…

poor baby… wanna some candy? :smiley:

(Jostabeere) #7

I’d rather have some balance slapped on my gun than a finish.

(ImSploosh) #8

I’m worried about how all of this will turn out. Looks like a straight copy from CS:GO or TF2 with the cases requiring a key to open. It’s an annoying system in my opinion. Maybe it’s just me lol

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #9

You forgot this one :stuck_out_tongue:

(Teflon Love) #10
  1. Sell useless boxes.
  2. Don’t buy weapon skins.
  3. Profit!!!

As Nader keeps saying: “I can’t believe I get paid for this.” :slight_smile:

(Sorotia) #11

@teflonlove said:

1. Sell useless boxes.
  3. Profit!!!

Maybe after I sell 50-75 boxes I can make a dollar!

(Teflon Love) #12

@Sorotia said:

@teflonlove said:

1. Sell useless boxes.
  3. Profit!!!

Maybe after I sell 50-75 boxes I can make a dollar!

We will see. If it’s that bad, turning them into fragments will be a better deal unless your time is worth nothing.

AFAIR most CS:GO drops sold for 0.05 net value, some where about 0.20 and every once in a while I got something worth a few Euros. And you can put them on the market while you wait for the match making.

(TheWickedsin) #13

Still no help with duplicate se cards? Stuck with them forever I guess. At least I can cover them with useless and real money coatings skins.

(Theatrum) #14

Locked Cases drop very occasionally in-game in the post match screen. To open these Cases you will need to buy a key from the store (USD $2.49). Unlocked Cases can be purchased in the store for USD $4.99.

I might actually just stop playing.

I have supported DB by spending money on it in the past. I don’t want every moment I’m not spending money to be locked out or a grind.

(Press E) #15

@TheWickedsin said:
Still no help with duplicate se cards? Stuck with them forever I guess. At least I can cover them with useless and real money coatings skins.

I think SD mentioned they have plans to expand the marketplace for loadout cards too, weapon skins are just the first part.
Still annoying there was no temporary system brought up in the mean time, but oh well.

@Theatrum said:

Locked Cases drop very occasionally in-game in the post match screen. To open these Cases you will need to buy a key from the store (USD $2.49). Unlocked Cases can be purchased in the store for USD $4.99.

I have supported DB by spending money on it in the past. I don’t want every moment I’m not spending money to be locked out or a grind.

Apparently you can recycle weapon skin cases you don’t want to open in exchange for fragments. They also mentioned keys will drop in the next event, so maybe more events like that will follow. Not like you’re really locked out regardless. It just means you’ll have to rock the default weapon skin on your loadout, and a lot of them are alright regardless.

Still kinda sucks though. 2.50 USD for an RNG case key seems really steep to me. Not being able to pick the weapon, rarity, etc, and then including subrarities on top of standard rarities? No thanks.

I guess some people don’t mind paying 10 billion dollars for a weapon skin, CS:GO makes that clear, but I’m not one of those people. In fact, I play DB to avoid that mindset. The only things I’ve bought off this game have been to support SD, but this just seems a bit much.

(TitaniumRapture) #16

@Theatrum said:

You act like skins are mandatory.

(doxjq) #17

I’m tempted to reinstall the game after this update just so I can feel the satisfaction of uninstalling it again.

(Press E) #18

Honestly it’s not so bad. Some of the “balance” updates are questionable, but then again, the last patch was worse.
If you just ignore the skins and play it as if it were any other event, it’s not bad at all. You get a couple free ones anyways, so meh.

I’ms till disappointed with how weapon skins were added, but it’s not like they affect anything else.

(Ptiloui) #19

@STARRYSOCK said:

@TheWickedsin said:

I think SD mentioned they have plans to expand the marketplace for loadout cards too, weapon skins are just the first part.

But i don’t want to trade those hard earned SE cards. For some events, we’d have to play for hours and open 100/200+ cases to just got ONE special skin card. And im sure that some players even bought elite cases bundle to got them. What we want, is a reliable way to use them without being screwed. And trading those cards is NOT a reliable way to solve this issue.

My lasting hope is that the future loadout system they’re working on will offer a way to use skins with whatever loadout we want.

EDIT : The only issue steam trading will solve is the duplicate problem, when you get the same skin with the same loadout.

(TitaniumRapture) #20

@Ptiloui said:

If i can sell card for 10 bucks i would be happy. :smiley: