Statement on Permissible Uses of VOD and Streaming

(MissMurder) #1

Last Revision: 1 December 2015
Effective Date: 1 December 2015

At Nexon, we value our players’ ability to engage with others through our games, and to that end we encourage our players to make non-commercial uses of our content. However, we have to place limitations on what users can and cannot do with videos and streams to ensure that our games are stable, fair and engaging. This statement is meant to provide some basic guidance as to what is (and isn’t) acceptable use of our content.
What you can and cannot do: You may make limited, non-commercial uses of our content. You may not engage in commercial use of our content, which is a violation of our Terms of Service.
Some examples:
• It is generally okay to publish videos to your website or hosting/sharing sites like YouTube.
• It is generally okay to host streams of you playing our games
• It is generally okay to support your videos or streams with advertising content provided by the host/sharing site (i.e., YouTube and Twitch).

• It is not okay to take assets from our games (e.g. characters, art, voice, music, items) and distribute those separately.
• It is not okay to put those videos or streams behind a paywall, to require subscriptions for access, or to sell licenses to your videos or streams.
• It is not okay to use videos or streams to encourage behavior that violates our Terms of Service.
• It is not okay to stream or post videos of games in development (generally, anything in a “closed” status – we will let you know if it is not okay to stream or post video of a particular game).
• It is not okay to make any other commercial use of our content.

Important Information: This statement is meant to provide general guidance as to our interpretation of our Terms of Service and End User License Agreements. This statement does not alter or amend the Terms of Service and End User License Agreements, and those policies remain in full force and effect.

Your ability to engage in a particular use of our content will depend entirely on the circumstances of the use. While we wish we could review each particular use in advance and give clear direction as to what is (and isn’t) acceptable, doing so in a timely and consistent manner would be impossible. Therefore, we will not respond to any request to determine if a particular use is non-commercial or to confirm your right to a particular use. If you need to show a third party that you have a right to make a video or stream, you should point them to this statement. If the third party has any questions about your particular use, those questions will be treated the same as a request from you to confirm your right to a particular use.

Finally, this policy applies only to content in Nexon’s games. If you include someone else’s content in your video, such as music, you will have to get permission from the owner.

(dronev4) #2

so twitch streaming even if you have subs on is fine because the video itself is still visible and isn’t behind a paywall right? I mean I assume that’s what it means.

(Daergar) #3

I’m less sure of exactly, or “generally”, what’s permissible after reading the post. Good luck everyone!

(Backuplight) #4

Sounds like it means, more or less, don’t be a dick and you’ll be fine. My favourite kind of logic. :smile:

(Izzy) #5

It means that if @Missmurder feels like giving you the good spank you deserve, she is entitled to and can find a good excuse for :stuck_out_tongue:

(Xenithos) #6

So, Does this mean that if you were to post content, such as the content multiple users have posted in exploring maps in development, such as overground and market, and try out items on mercs, such as turtle’s in development wall, you are in violation of Nexon’s stuff?

(fuzzel) #7

big statements for a deadly game…

(Gamechanger2K) #8

To keep it short: Dont SELL Game inspired Fandom Merchandise or parts of the game itself
(–> game files)
Dont make money by blocking access to your videos by a paywall.

That´s it in general right?
correct me if im wrong.

(boerhae) #9

@Gamechanger2K said:
To keep it short: Dont SELL Game inspired Fandom Merchandise or parts of the game itself
(–> game files)
Dont make money by blocking access to your videos by a paywall.

That´s it in general right?
correct me if im wrong.

NECRO OF THE CENTURY

But I’d ask someone who knows, this is Nexon’s policy and they’re no longer a part of this game