Standard vs Guided

(TheStrangerous) #1

It’s no secret “WANTED” has taught us, that firing a curved bullet is better than normal one.

However, I worry there’s no point in standard rocket mode. Guided rockets are overshadowing them, despite slower speed.
Is there any use/hope for standard mode?

(LifeupOmega) #2

You’d be a fool not to utilise either one based on the situation.

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

Switch from standard to guided in mid flight, problems solved.

(GatoCommodore) #4

@Lord_Coctus said:
Switch from standard to guided in mid flight, problems solved.

you can do that?

(ASD) #5

i use alot of standard rockets… mostly to amage not moving objects… just go out of cover fire the rocket and go back in cover… with guided this would not work
but if I want to hit someone running away… I use guided to catch him

(Press E) #6

I don’t play jav much but when I do I mostly use standard. The rockets tend to bug out sometimes, especially if you don’t have perfect ping, so I’d usually not rather risk losing a rocket on some weird geometry. Also considering curving a rocket around something means you usually won’t be able to see where it hits, I find it better to confirm your targets than to shoot into cover and hope they haven’t moved away.

That said guided can be useful sometimes, like if your target starts to run away, so I usually only switch it mid air

EDIT: Jesus this is from back in september I didn’t realize it

(kopyright) #7

Both attacker stages on Terminal are great places to use guided missiles to cover the C4 without getting into the line of fire.

(HadronZodiac) #8

WANTED was honestly a noice movie, but anyways

I always prefer standard, if you can lead rockets, guided isnt needed. Its automatically a complete upgrade. Plus with standard you need to babysit the rocket until impact, so if u move and dont hold that rocket point ur rocket is wasted.