Source for q3map (NOT q3map2)

(W0lfMan) #1

I’d like to have the source for q3map so I can compile a Mac OS X binary. Can’t seem to find it anywhere! :frowning:

(obsidian) #2

Not sure where to find the original Q3Map source, it’s probably lost somewhere on some old dusty computer at id Software.

Q3Map2 does have OS X binaries in the latest development builds of GtkRadiant. It’ll be launched officially soon when GtkRadiant 1.6.4 is done.

(W0lfMan) #3

Good news: I found source for q3map in the Quake III archive. I got that to build on OS X last evening.

Bad news: It doesn’t have the fs_basepath and doesn’t know about Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Q3Map2 does have OS X binaries in the latest development builds of GtkRadiant. It’ll be launched officially soon when GtkRadiant 1.6.4 is done.

I’ve got q3map2, and that’s what I’m currently using to compile maps for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I want to experiment with using q3map by ydnar. Reading the changelog, I see that he made improvements to q3map before coming out with q3map2.

Perhaps ydnar still has the source? How would one contact him?

(obsidian) #4

Q3Map was developed internally by id Software.

ydnar created a branch of the original Q3Map source and started fixing/adding features. This became Q3Map2. The early 1.2.x versions in the changelog are early alpha stuff he was doing, I doubt anyone has the source code for those anymore.

ydnar hasn’t been part the game developing community for years.

Perhaps you might be better off explaining what you are trying to do and why you want to work with the original Q3Map source instead of the new and improved Q3Map2.

(ronboy) #5

W0lfman is having problems with Q3map2 and Rtcw sp. One of the problems is the shader overflow bug, but there are also other problems as well.