"Someone has posted a reply"

(DarkangelUK) #1

I’ve seen it on other forums somewhere, you’re replying to a thread and hit Submit Reply, but someone has already posted while you were typing. It then lets you view the post before submitting your reply, in case it’s the same thing or it makes your post look like you’re replying to them rather than the intended person. Possible?

Also, to save making multiple threads. Is it possible to display the amount of unread posts next to the total post count? We had this on our forums a while ago. You would have total posts in the thread that you have now, but beside it in brackets would be the unread count e.g. (2)65.

(Nail) #2

I use edit button

(DarkangelUK) #3

Umm… cool?

(Nail) #4

“but someone has already posted while you were typing. It then lets you view the post before submitting your reply, in case it’s the same thing or it makes your post look like you’re replying to them rather than the intended person”

in reply to that

(DarkangelUK) #5

I have, on many occasions, posted my reply and left it at that. The message that someone has also replied gives you hint to edit to accommodate said persons reply. Yes editing is fine… if you’ve noticed that someone else has posted in the 1st place.

(Joe999) #6

just use the quote button. better yet, only quote the stuff you’re referring to. splitting a quote in your reply is also a good idea.

(light_sh4v0r) #7

That is entirely not what he’s after.
I always review my post in the forums after submitting, but if you don’t you can easily miss a new post.
IE: +1 for warning on a new post.