So would db have suffered same fate??

(Nail) #21

SD made a bit of money with the Gears franchise, I don’t think they were ever hurting

(watsyurdeal) #22

SD is doing fine, but I honestly feel like Dirty Bomb is going to suffer the same fate regardless. Because the goals they have in mind for Dirty Bomb, could easily be done better with an Wolfenstein Enemy Territory remake, and just in time for the new wave of Wolfenstein games, which if you have not played, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU GO PLAY THEM.

(B_Montiel) #23

Pretty much impossible since they’ve cut ties with ID/Bethesda.

(Jan S.) #24

http://profile.combatarms.nexon.net/en/migration
Look at that, Nexon’s even getting rid of their “flagship FPS”.
I wonder whats happening there :smiley:

(TheStrangerous) #25

@ThatJohnS said:
http://profile.combatarms.nexon.net/en/migration
Look at that, Nexon’t even getting rid of their “flagship FPS”.
I wonder whats happening there :smiley:

Rebellion, guerilla warfare.

(Xenithos) #26

What’s next, MapleStory is bought by EA?

(bgyoshi) #27

Yes

(Xenithos) #28

Honestly, Lawbreakers as a game with it’s shooter feel etc is incredible. I think part of the reason they’re failing is NOT Nexon, since different articles have summed it up pretty well. Changes to the games pay model, rushed beta and release, bad publicity with cliff, and a few more small notes was a recipe for disaster. But the game? Naw, Lawbreakers is actually fun. Just like DB as a core game.

Unlike GITS, which was basically your average shooter with a few smaller quirks and no real personality and an unexplored universe.

I really hope not, but you never know with F2P games anymore. All I know is I’m going to be extremely disappointed if this game doesn’t hit a full launch and sustain itself for the next 4 years or so. I came back to the game because I missed it and since then I have spent so much money on it. I say that not as a woe-is-me type of thing, but rather that I’ve done so willingly because I want to support them. It’s like an investment and I’m hoping for good things from SD. I rarely, if ever, have that perspective with any game anymore. I’m not even much of a competitive-minded gamer anymore and I definitely don’t like a lot of the rng aspects of their store. I just love DB. Please don’t die. :’(

(TheStrangerous) #30

The only way for Lawbreakers to survive is F2P model.
It already contains loot boxes and microtransactions. 30 Bucks seems a bit too much for online only game.

(henki000) #31

I bet steam is not that hallow either. Nexon was first just apostle chanting the prophecies of Dirty Bomb. I have tried War Rock and EVE Online, popular games but P2W. It’s like comparing football and skateboarding. Nexon and WarChest are in different league, but I always like the side of underdog. Nowadays those rich Nexon guys just smoke pot in their ivory mansions and burn won notes in fireplace before they finally seize north korea.

(Nail) #32

never happen, North Korea has the pot

(brian770) #33

Warface was IMO one the the best F2P ever made, but right after my.com bought it things went to pot in a bad way, i had over 5000 hours in 3 years of play and now i uninstalled my.com is poison for games.

(Mc1412013) #34

@TheStrangerous said:
It already contains loot boxes and microtransactions. 30 Bucks seems a bit too much for online only game.

It was supposed to be free to play but some one decided to make it pay to play

(XavienX) #35

@TheStrangerous said:

I mean, you got Overwatch that’s 60$ for online only game as well and Cliff claimed that they are not doing that 60$ online play only bullsh*t. Sometimes I just wonder if Blizzard just got hella lucky with their Overwatch release date timing meanwhile other companies who have made countless FPS games are just all failing.

(TheStrangerous) #36

The only reason Overwatch is 60$ and people are buying it, is Blizzard’s messiah like reputation, corporate slaves the over-royal fans not questioning bad business practices and AAA hype that draws lowest common denominator.

(GatoCommodore) #37

@TheStrangerous said:
The only reason Overwatch is 60$ and people are buying it, is Blizzard’s messiah like reputation, corporate slaves the over-royal fans not questioning bad business practices and AAA hype that draws lowest common denominator.

blizzard fanbois and their overly-sexualized video game characters

(brian770) #38

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:

blizzard fanbois and their overly-sexualized video game characters

like it or not, they give the playerbase what they want and because of that they are successful. the games that try to force unwanted modes/changes/rules loose support and go defunct…way of the world, give your customers what they want or somebody else will.