So COD WW2 is out in beta aaaand...

(TheStrangerous) #1

LOL WTH? please tell me there are dabbing Wehrmacht troops (this forum censors N-word, for some reason) :smiley:

(Chilled Sanity) #2

I love how some people think reflector sights didn’t exists, confusing them with red dot sights

(watsyurdeal) #3

After Ghosts this is pretty much what I expected…super sad now

Haven’t touched a CoD since Black Ops 2 and don’t plan to touch one again. This new one makes me hate the society we live in more than I already do from what I’ve read. Can anyone confirm or deny whether this game is going to have female, Asian, and black infantry? Lmao… I get it, it’s just a game, but come on. Where does this crap end? :smiley: They censored a lot of the imagery from what I’ve heard, too.

gasps

More watered down history and marketing decisions to pander to the politically correct crowd in the gaming industry and most other forms of media entertainment. Sad. If they insist on adding anyone and everyone to the game for the sake of inclusion, I sure hope they add a lot of French. They could be the fastest runners in the game.

(TheStrangerous) #5

If these big gaming companies are violating history so much, in favor of SJW and dumbing down for casuals, I wonder what will happen to RDR2…

Semi automatics, semi automatics everywhere, common exotic weapon! Jessie James with uzi!

(watsyurdeal) #6

Yeeeeea this stuff won’t fly for long, I wouldn’t worry. When it doesn’t make any profit people will stop pushing this crap on us.

(TheFluffyOne) #7

Oh, I thought they removed the swastikas and mentions of nazis, so that they could release the game in Germany without a problem.

@TheFluffyOne said:
Oh, I thought they removed the swastikas and mentions of @$!#, so that they could release the game in Germany without a problem.

That would be halfway understandable and has been the norm in Germany for a long time (pretty sure the Metro and Witcher series’ had to change a lot just to get their games released over there too), but even then I think it’s a pretty weak logic. I don’t understand the point of shying away from controversial history and pretending it hadn’t existed; how else would people learn from it? Germany gets taught an even more guilt-ridden and revisionist history than Americans and that speaks volumes when you consider the type of crap we have in our books here. Anyway, I could rant about this all day haha. It is just a game so who really cares, but it is funny to me.

The thing that gets me most is trying to imagine the type of dude that would be upset over black characters not being prominent in a WW2 game. I just can’t imagine any black guy waking up and being mad because he feels underrepresented in a video game that took place in Europe’s 1940s. ‘Hey, why am I not in this game?’ Oh, no problem we’ve got you covered. Now you can play as a black Nazi Wehrmacht infantryman who partially fought for the advancement of global white purity and superiority! ‘Wow, thanks Activision! Gee, I feel great about y’all having the presence of mind to include me in this game! Awesome’.

Where does someone like that exist? They don’t lol. I sure hope not, at least.

(GatoCommodore) #9

history revisionist homes are the first one i visit if stuff goes down

(TheStrangerous) #10

I understand artistic freedom and suspension of disbelief. Not all historical movies and other media need to be historically accurate, but come on, this is too wacky!

Understandable if it’s alternate history/steampunk.

(CyberVonCyberus) #11

and this is the reason I don’t play FPS games nowadays, always the same copy pasted crap most of the time.

(GatoCommodore) #12

@TheStrangerous said:
I understand artistic freedom and suspension of disbelief. Not all historical movies and other media need to be historically accurate, but come on, this is too wacky!

i mean if they say its alternate universe of the real WW2 people would be okay with it.

(AlbinMatt) #13

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:

i mean if they say its alternate universe of the real WW2 people would be okay with it.

Honestly, I would love to see more creative stories with these “alternative history” plots. Why not have us play as a German who believes in Judaism, and he would help facilitate a coup within Auschwitz? Maybe take it even further by having some of the Jews persecute isolated pockets of German villagers, now we have a moral dilemma!

Or just play as Murica and rush the Manhattan Project to obliterate Europe and Russia with a bombardment of nukes. That sounds like the most logical alternate scenario.

(GatoCommodore) #14

@AlbinMatt said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Honestly, I would love to see more creative stories with these “alternative history” plots. Why not have us play as a German who believes in Judaism, and he would help facilitate a coup within Auschwitz? Maybe take it even further by having some of the Jews persecute isolated pockets of German villagers, now we have a moral dilemma!

Or just play as Murica and rush the Manhattan Project to obliterate Europe and Russia with a bombardment of nukes. That sounds like the most logical alternate scenario.

i mean if they make alternate history they could add zombies on campaign

if they want arcadey stuff dont go half way and create controversy, go full throttle and go for something like sky crawler where the “Amerika Bomber”, “Ki-87”, “J7W” and many other experimental stuff were made, like Wolfenstein the new order

@AlbinMatt said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Yeah, sort of reminds me of Wolfenstein too. A story and plot within a war type of thing. What I’d like to see are more games, movies, and anything on WW2 from the eastern perspectives. I’d much rather have older shooters like these than trash like Titanfall and Advanced Warfare, but they’re all so biased and monotonous in terms of the story. Too much of that war is diluted with our own spin on things. We meet up with the Brits, shoot a German, save a French, and the Russians are an afterthought while we’re hailed as the hero. Game over, rinse and repeat. Give us a game centered around the Eastern Fronts. A German perspective, a Soviet one, anything. We’ve beaten that usual narrative to the ground and it’s getting boring if you ask me.

(CyberVonCyberus) #16

Top 5 stereotypical video games antagonists:
1.Germans
2.Russians
3.Terroriststhatdobadstuffbecausetheyareevil
4.Ayy lmaos
5.Edgy lords of darkness, doom destruction, chaos, death, pain, suffering, destroyer of worlds and whom hates kitten

Top 5 stereotypical video games protagonists:
1.MURICA
2.MURICA
3.MURICA
4.MURICA
5.MURICA

(TheStrangerous) #17

Wish there were more cop games, where you play as detective. A Dirty Harry styled cop game, with complex morality system, and maybe John Woo style gunfight, anything but stickin’ to cover.

(GatoCommodore) #18

@TheStrangerous said:
Wish there were more cop games, where you play as detective. A Dirty Harry styled cop game, with complex morality system, and maybe John Woo style gunfight, anything but stickin’ to cover.

LA noire is pretty good if you dont mind the cover system

youre driving a car and taking notes most of the time anyway

(TheStrangerous) #19

@GatoCommodore said:

LA noire is pretty good if you dont mind the cover system

youre driving a car and taking notes most of the time anyway

Implying I’d buy a 2K game.
Over my dead body…

This swine himself dares to say BS, like undermonetizing per user basis.

Maybe some middle budget or indie company will pop out of nowhere, and create such desired game. It always does, and comes with a pleasant surprise.