Snipers....

(RectalTerror) #21

If you say so, then count Sparks as sniper too.
Doesn’t Sniper need scope to be sniper? Otherwise it’s sharpshooter.

Sparks IS a sniper, and I’ve encountered more than one godly Sparks who instakill everyone on sight (but yeah she has to hold it). Pretty sure those are normally snipers who occasionally pick Sparks.

(RectalTerror) #22

@ImSploosh said:
A god-like aimer and aimbotter are completely different. Even people with the best aim can’t hit you 100% of the time. Not to mention that amazing snipers are few and far between. It’s unlikely you’ll face one a week, let alone every game. If you do, you can kill them in a variety of ways as well as dodge their shots most of the time.

lol… dodge how? All you can do is avoid being in their sight, meaning they lock a pretty large part of the map alone.

And yes, they exist, they will hit you 100% of the time. Assuming they aren’t botting, since they’re still there.
I’d even think a guy hitting you 100% of the time has less chances to be botting. A botter who’s not an idiot will prefer to be less “assisted” not to be detected.

Now as I wrote in another thread, I’ve played against teams with such players, that ended up losing, because they are only there for frags, they don’t give a shit about the objectives, and sometimes the entire team is there just for frags. But even winning like this isn’t fun.

I agree to some extend. In their current state snipers are too rewarding.

You don’t necessarily have to hit the head at all times - two body shots take down most mercs and even if you are not able to pull of the second shot the first one deals enough damage for the enemy to seek medical attention. The pressure never withdraws due to the high fire rate.

By the way, I’m moving this thread to weapon discussions.

(TheStrangerous) #24

Did arena shooter genre have headshots?
I know UT series has it with sharpshooting weapons, but I do not reckon them in Quake 3 Arena.

(watsyurdeal) #25

@GatoCommodore said:

@Sorotia said:

@TheStrangerous said:

@Sorotia said:

@TheStrangerous said:

@Nail said:
snipers and shotguns exist, they’re NOT going away. don’t like it, find a shooter without them

LAWBREAKERS

Though, not sure if gunslinger counts… :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t one of his pistols like a sniper pistol basically? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if you want to be technical the Grandeur doesn’t have a scope and it’s labeled a sniper rifle lol

Designated Marksman Rifle

the DM’s role generally fills the range gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper. DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind

Then the Grandeur needs to not 1 shot Aura and Sparks to the head, and far more consistent accuracy from the hip. Because as a DMR it’s ok, but not as good as it could be.

(Nail) #26

@TheStrangerous said:

@Nail said:
snipers and shotguns exist, they’re NOT going away. don’t like it, find a shooter without them

LAWBREAKERS

well there you go, a game you can play, have fun

btw, I never even implied they didn’t exist, just you should go play one without the dreaded weapons that you can’t seem to cope with

(GatoCommodore) #27

@watsyurdeal said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Sorotia said:

@TheStrangerous said:

@Sorotia said:

@TheStrangerous said:

@Nail said:

LAWBREAKERS

Isn’t one of his pistols like a sniper pistol basically? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if you want to be technical the Grandeur doesn’t have a scope and it’s labeled a sniper rifle lol

Designated Marksman Rifle

the DM’s role generally fills the range gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper. DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind

Then the Grandeur needs to not 1 shot Aura and Sparks to the head, and far more consistent accuracy from the hip. Because as a DMR it’s ok, but not as good as it could be.

grandeur need to be able to kill squishies in 2 shot

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #28

@frostyvampire said:

(henki000) #29

I’m the only one who thinks that snipers need damage buff? Come on people, there is explosives, airforces and invisible katanas, but one hit sniper is too much? Look, 2 hits is almost same as 1 hit. Usually you are already losing in reaction time, if you get hit in first shot. Unless you are running with group, snipers generally arent. And those good snipers run with group and check corners with their abilities. It’s not their weapon that makes them good, its their abilities.

(RectalTerror) #30

@henki000 said:
I’m the only one who thinks that snipers need damage buff? Come on people, there is explosives, airforces and invisible katanas

…and those are limited
(and katana is annoying)

even if snipers had a 10sec reload, you still couldn’t compare them to javelin or air support mercs. But they don’t, they can spam instakills as they like.

(henki000) #31

@376E1AE459B1

Not very limited if you can stack your team with those mercs. Think about dream strategy. You have 7 teammates and you all have skyhammer in their squad. One throws airstrikes, hit k and swap to arty or medic depending cooldown situation. Those lone sniper wolfs cant repair that EV then?

This game is not about killing, it’s about winning. If you kill one, you have to deal with rest of the team as well.

(watsyurdeal) #32

@henki000 said:
I’m the only one who thinks that snipers need damage buff? Come on people, there is explosives, airforces and invisible katanas, but one hit sniper is too much? Look, 2 hits is almost same as 1 hit. Usually you are already losing in reaction time, if you get hit in first shot. Unless you are running with group, snipers generally arent. And those good snipers run with group and check corners with their abilities. It’s not their weapon that makes them good, its their abilities.

Yes, you are, cause 60 damage is more than enough to 2 shot everyone except Fragger, which is fair imo.

(RectalTerror) #33

@henki000 said:
@376E1AE459B1

Not very limited if you can stack your team with those mercs. Think about dream strategy. You have 7 teammates and you all have skyhammer in their squad. One throws airstrikes, hit k and swap to arty or medic depending cooldown situation. Those lone sniper wolfs cant repair that EV then?

that’s bs, cooldown is suspended for a merc you’re not using. You can only do what you describe… twice per match

And yeah, as I wrote, a superhuman sniper doesn’t EVEN guarantees his team will win. Which is exactly what makes a sniper just a selfish player. I hate snipers in my team even more than in the other team.

(henki000) #34

@watsyurdeal

Allright then. Imo snipers should down everyone with headshot and gib half of them. This could be done nerfing their HP, speed and crapping their spotting abilities. Maybe even add some quickscope spread, so they are forced to use secondary weapons in close combat.

@376E1AE459B1

Yes, cooldown is suspended in that time period. You can still stack your team with those mercs. 7 Partys is even worse than 7 Skymammals. If you hate snipers because they dont guarantee win, they should be reworked. I dont mean that they should be compulsory, but more liked. Present-day Dirty Bomb culture might just kick you out of server, if you decide to play sniper. I dont know exactly how to fix this, but nerfing sure wont make it better.

And in Street Fighter. There are counters to every situation and almost nothing guarantee win. Only reactional speed and button reflexes, or skill matter. It’s still even less popular game than Dirty Bomb, if you look at steam player statistic.

(watsyurdeal) #35

Uh…no, if anything just nerf Vasilli’s HP, other than that there’s not much that can be changed.

To be honest the Felix might as well just not exist, we really only need the MoA.

(woodchip) #36

@watsyurdeal said:
The problem is that aimpunch sucks, it only affects hipfire but scopes seem and feel like they aren’t even affected.

Correct. It’s easyish to snap to heads even while getting chain headshotted. That is the obvious first thing to change to make a dominating sniper more bearable. Either by changing the aimpunch mechanic vs scopes or by nerfing Focus or whatever.

And then nerf MoA bodyshot damage by 1.

(RectalTerror) #37

For what it’s worth, I’ve been moving to Overwatch, trying to find a similar game without sniping cancer.

Well, sadly Overwatch is nothing like DB. It’s clearly a clone of TF2, mixed with Street Fighter I’d say (for the special abilities & stuff). So it’s way more a shooter than an obj game. It surely looks gorgeous but it feels very dumbed down, I don’t know.

Anyway, snipers… yeah that’s a problem in Overwatch as well, but MUCH LESS. 3/4 of the matches I’ve played so far had no sniper. And also, Overwatch has a HERO LIMIT, which probably helps as well. But yeah, in the remaining 1/4 of matches, I was instakilled from nowhere, just like it happens all the time in DB.

Back to DB, all of the games I played yesterday were filled not only with sniper cancer, but also with phantom cancer. So much that I thought that phantom was in free rotation… but it’s not? What gives?
And I ended up, by pure luck, in a match with NO, ABSOLUTELY NO cancer class, and it was really a great one. But it’s so rare.

(D'@athi) #38

Sir, could you please stop producing salt? Warehouses are totally filles-up and prices are already dropping as we speak.

(LifeupOmega) #39

Yeah, it’s always been the key problem. One shot hitscan with no cooldown is somehow still a defended concept from the same people who have issues with 20s+ CD explosives killing them. Don’t forget that spotting means you can’t actually catch a vigilant one off guard because they’ll have every lane either spotted, pointed at, or filled with their team.

Ultimately it’s not a fun thing and just serves to exist for the sake of “snipers must be in an fps these days”, and while its nowhere near as bad as the old jump shot instagib days, its still incredibly boring to fight someone who can just kill you in one hit in a game that was originally toted as long ttk, gun duel focused. Even if they don’t one shot you, you’re now hurt to a point where you can’t push anyway and in many scenarios will need to wait 4-5 seconds, possibly just K’ing out instead, to refresh and try again. There’s no excitement there, just a feeling of rolling the dice and seeing if you die or you don’t, with no actual input on your part because your death won’t be in your hands, it won’t be because you made a mistake, it was because some guy across the map saw you for 1/2 a second crossing a mandatory sightline.

People will just call you salty but you have a very valid point, and they won’t hear it because they’re Redeye or Aimee mains (I see them posting their shit here dw).

(Nail) #40

necro posting verbal diarrhea has no place here