SMG Proxy-Should it exist?

(Deathawk101) #1

Okay, so today I got the shell shock proxy, and I got one with an SMG. That got me thinking. PROXY SHOULDN’T HAVE AN SMG! Proxy is a merc that is fast and agile. That makes her good for wall jumping around people and blasting them in the head with her shotgun. Not shooting people from range. If you want to do that, use the MP4000. I’ve always played Proxy with a shotgun, and used it well with her. Plus, she is just kind of a shotgun type of person. You might think differently, but that’s my opinion.

(watsyurdeal) #2

Then she would be garbage

(VincentRJaeger) #3

If I am not mistaken, the SMG loadouts are to give Proxy (and other shotgun mercs save Rhino) a chance to compete at atleast mid-range. You’ll find that good awareness and aim is powerful against flanking or getting into close-range with a shotgun, so she has SMG loadouts in order to be able to work around that.

Removing that basically removes her ability to… pretty much do anything else but throw mines and do objectives, since many gunfights happen at mid- to long-range to my knowledge.

(Deathawk101) #4

Not in games I play. Proxy’s speed allows her to long jump and bunnyhop to her opponents, allowing her to use her shotgun well. Plus, The other shotgun-using mercs (with the exception of Aura), are fine without other guns

(Deathawk101) #5

@watsyurdeal said:

Not really

(watsyurdeal) #6

@Deathawk101 said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Not really

Shotgun only mercs are garbage, sorry but in a serious setting they just do not have enough range or consistency to be worth anything.

To be honest I’d rather they’d double the pellet count and half the damage to fix that.

(henki000) #7

SMG proxy is better in my opinion. What I think is correct proxy play, by my 96 hours experience with this merc, is this:

You plant mines and move distant to notice enemy movement, with luck you can get kills with well planted mines. But more important, you can see where and when it detonates. It gives you perfect time to plot ambush, they have to lick their wounds or atleast shoot mines before they can confidently move on. Whether it is alone from behind due to great speed advantage or teamwork crossfire, your choice. Bonus if you spot Phantom. It is possible also to use mines as grenades. I wouldn’t suggest 1v1 fights, because proxys health is one of the weakest.

All this is boosted by SMG. You can’t shoot mines that good with shotgun and drawing another weapon can be deadly in tight fight. You reach enemy faster because of better SMG range. MP400 or Tolen isn’t as good as Hochfir. I prefer KE12 Turbo Operative. Althought shotgun can point its advantage, depending on target. Remburg can single shot everything exept Rhino and Thunder. But you need to be 1,4m distance and aim to head. It’s easier said than done and one mistake leads to death.

Conclusion:
Hochfir is more forgiving weapon than shotgun and due to current weak range of shotguns, they arent even a option. I think some pistols are better than shotguns, because of better RPM and range. I like to play “certain” way: you have escape possibility and sides monitored. With shotgun it takes more time to gib or spray wounded groups and shotguns definitely needs a buff. It could work as a element of surprise against low health mercs, but you need to be more experienced to use it as efficiently as Hochfir.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Deathawk101 said:
bunnyhop to her opponents,

you play proxy wrong

(LifeupOmega) #9

Fuck off with your high alpha damage hitscan hard on.

(Deathawk101) #10

@LifeupOmega said:
@$!# off with your high alpha damage hitscan hard on.

What do you mean?

(Deathawk101) #11

@GatoCommodore said:

@Deathawk101 said:

you play proxy wrong

Isn’t that one of the fastest ways to get around?

(Deathawk101) #12

@henki000 said:
All this is boosted by SMG. You can’t shoot mines that good with shotgun and drawing another weapon can be deadly in tight fight. You reach enemy faster because of better SMG range. MP400 or Tolen isn’t as good as Hochfir. I prefer KE12 Turbo Operative. Althought shotgun can point its advantage, depending on target. Remburg can single shot everything exept Rhino and Thunder. But you need to be 1,4m distance and aim to head. It’s easier said than done and one mistake leads to death.

(Demolama) #13

Shotguns are cancer in these type of games.

(Deathawk101) #14

It’s not really that hard. Her speed lets her get close to people and if you’re good, you instinctively aim for the head. Shotguns aren’t that bad at shooting mines, and even if they were, the mp400 can take care of that. The hochfir takes forever to kill people, even with headshots

(Deathawk101) #15

@Demolama said:
Shotguns are cancer in these type of games.

That’s not true. Just because people can and do use them well doesn’t make them cancer.

(Deathawk101) #16

1v1’s are fine with proxy if you know how to use her well. just get close and shoot.

(GatoCommodore) #17

@Deathawk101 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Deathawk101 said:

you play proxy wrong

Isn’t that one of the fastest ways to get around?

bunny hopping while approaching opponents is just suicide.
you get accuracy penalty, speed penalty, jump penalty

its like asking to be shot on the head

(Szakalot) #18

shotguns are shit, good luck with that

(pumpkinmeerkat) #19

Shotguns shouldn’t exist.

(CyberVonCyberus) #20

Lets say all the enemies are staying in more or less a group (they aren’t all bunched up but are still within LOS of eachothers), now how are you going to get them off the objective ? rush in with your shotgun and get killed ? pepper them with the MP400 for nearly zero damage ?

the hochfire has an insane rate of fire and when you headshot with it even with its low damage it can destroy assault mercs, the SMG is there to give proxy a diffrent weapon which can help her achieve kills in situations where she would be useless with shotguns such as large open spaces (chapel, bridge delivery, dome…ect) or when enemies are in a group.

Also I have high doubts your rush into the fray and blast people with your boomstick ‘strategy’ is working as well as you are claiming it to be.
Besides, what is the level of the peoples you’re playing against ?