SMG-9 needs some love.

(MikeGreene1990) #21

@woodchip said:

@Eox said:

@woodchip said:
Maybe a good niche for Smg9 would be an easier to use but less powerful kek. Lower recoil and maybe spread a bit, lower ADS recoil a lot.

Couldn’t work without a DPS buff so it ends up between hochfir and KEK. Hochfir basically outshines SMG-9 because it has a much worse starting spread and worse DPS. Being just a more precise and more stable KEK won’t be enough.

I’d also rather see it between Hochfir and Blishlok it terms of stats. It would also only require to change a single stat.

True. The most important objective for the SMG-9 is giving it some clear advantage over the Hochfir.

In many cases its outperformed. But i find SMG-9 Shoots flatter though recoil wise for easy head shots esp when hip firing. I hear spread is bad, but i usually bang a lot of head shots with it though.

Maybe replace the iron sight as stated with a flipup, but modify the damage cutt off range to that of the blishlock? I find the damage range to be annoying on it sometimes against heavier mercs or a more laggy server.

(MikeGreene1990) #22

I look at the SMG-9 and it reminds me of an ump 45. If you boost the damage and lower the fire rate than it turns into a Blishlok.

I think making this gun the longest in range might be the answer to filling a niche. I like the fire rate as is tbo. Another useful feature may be adjusting the volume and removing tracers from the gun to make it more stealthy as well Perhaps a flash hider/surpresser even.

(aNi0n) #23

It’s been over a month since you made this post, and no developer replied.

apparently, they only attend REDDIT :confused:

I liked your suggestions.

(Sorotia) #24

@aNi0n said:

Or they don’t care much about buffing things unless it pertains to the pub scrub Proxy.

(Eox) #25

@aNi0n said:

Don’t worry. The devs know about SMG-9.

(ThunderZsolt) #26

What if the devs made the SMG-9 intentionally worse than the others, and balance it with better augments in the loadout?

I do know that there are a lot of mediocre loadout with the SMG-9, but this would be a possible way to balance it, and give it a niche - and the strentgh of the full loadout would be the same.

On a side note, someone suggested better sights. I literally couldn’t care less about SMG sights, I can’t even remember when was the last time I used ADS on any SMG except the blishlok. No reason to do so without a range buff IMO.

(LifeupOmega) #27

@ThunderZsolt said:
What if the devs made the SMG-9 intentionally worse than the others, and balance it with better augments in the loadout?

CR42, CR81 G2, and BL71 G2 exist for Sawbonez. SM41 is as close as you’d get to that, but it has the SMG-9.

C41 and BL81 exist for Bush. SM43 is a contender but it has the SMG-9.

Both of these lack Focus so I wouldn’t bother myself.

Nader and Turtle both have reliably decent SMG-9 loadouts, but even then there are arguably better options with better guns such as the Hoch QD/Focus, so I doubt this is the case.

@LifeupOmega said:

@ThunderZsolt said:

CR42, CR81 G2, and BL71 G2 exist for Sawbonez. SM41 is as close as you’d get to that, but it has the SMG-9.

Nader and Turtle both have reliably decent SMG-9 loadouts, but even then there are arguably better options with better guns such as the Hoch QD/Focus, so I doubt this is the case.

The only merc with the strongest loadout being equipped with the SMG-9 is Nader, in my opinion. Yes, CR81 and KE43 are great, but SM41 and SM83 have amazing augments and secondaries that compliment her playstyle. I’ve been using her Crotzni loadout a lot, but I can’t wait for these changes because I’ll be going back to my long-time favorite SM83.

(ThunderZsolt) #29

@LifeupOmega said:

@ThunderZsolt said:

Yeah, I know that it isn’t the case at the moment, but it could be also a good balance point in the future, because the augments are tied o the weapons.

For example in GEN3 all SMG-9 loadouts would be filled with focus/quickdraw/unshakeable/extra supplie tier augments

(LifeupOmega) #30

@Wintergreen said:

@LifeupOmega said:

@ThunderZsolt said:

The only merc with the strongest loadout being equipped with the SMG-9 is Nader, in my opinion. Yes, CR81 and KE43 are great, but SM41 and SM83 have amazing augments and secondaries that compliment her playstyle. I’ve been using her Crotzni loadout a lot, but I can’t wait for these changes because I’ll be going back to my long-time favorite SM83.

See, as much as I like Bigger Blast, I feel Quick Draw is much more beneficial, which is why I always run the Gen 1 Hoch Focus/QD card. Never used KE43, just simply because it has a bat.

Not saying you’re wrong, was more making a point that the SMG-9 doesn’t have better augments than another gun - as nice as that’d be.

@LifeupOmega said:

@Wintergreen said:

@LifeupOmega said:

@ThunderZsolt said:

See, as much as I like Bigger Blast, I feel Quick Draw is much more beneficial, which is why I always run the Gen 1 Hoch Focus/QD card. Never used KE43, just simply because it has a bat.

Not saying you’re wrong, was more making a point that the SMG-9 doesn’t have better augments than another gun - as nice as that’d be.

That’s fair, but I’d still consider SM83 the best with that in mind. Quick draw, drilled, focus. .40 as a secondary and yeah, unfortunately the cricket bat. I do like that card you mentioned too.