- Skyhammer’s airstrike markers from teammates are red [regression, 20161012 Summer Squash III]
- Defect, visual, regression
- Last known good version
- Affected versions:
- Earliest known occurrence:
- Most recent version observed:
- Today’s version:
- 20171020 Ranked Season 4
- Indirectly affects gameplay: Loss of visual cue
- Undocumented change or vaguely worded patch notes
- Minimal settings
- Read-write or deleted .ini or .ue3profile
Can be reproduced offline
Needs a teammate
The Summer Squash Part III update changed the appearance of Skyhammer’s airstrike markers when thrown by teammates, from blue to red.
Skyhammer’s airstrike markers used to be blue when thrown by teammates or yourself, and red when thrown by enemies. This changed in SS3: Now, when teammates throw an airstrike marker, it’s red from the moment it leaves his hand, to the moment it begins resting and is about to explode.
In other words, friendly airstrike markers are now the same color as enemy airstrike markers when they travel through the air.
Steps to reproduce
watch a friendly teammate Skyhammer throw an airstrike marker
Marker is in-flight:
The marker itself is blue
The trail is blue
The large dot on the ground is blue
The directional marker (line on the ground) is blue
[the directional marker is missing since 20170921 Ghostclip, through 20171020 Ranked Season 4, inclusive]
- Marker is in-flight:
- The marker itself is red
- The trail is red
- Marker explodes:
- The large dot on the ground is blue
- The directional marker is blue
- If a Skyhammer is standing in front of you, with his back facing towards you, his airstrike marker will seem to be travelling straight up and down. On Chapel #3 defenders, behind rock, this can easily be mistaken for an enemy airstrike coming from boxes/fuel/bus stop (old ammo cache exit), or from generator’s fence (flying over generator bridge’s exit and new ammo cache).