Should we try experimenting with TTK?

(watsyurdeal) #1

So I’ve been thinking a lot about the possibility of experimenting with TTK, increasing it slightly, while also improving the consistency of all the guns. Spread patterns being more predictable and less random, guns range stat accurately depicts how far out you can accurately hit someone in the head, recoil being more predictable and having a set pattern that differs from each gun, etc.

But I’d like to know if the community feels there is a need for this, to experiment and try new ideas to see if they bear any fruit. It is a beta after all.

(Nail) #2

I would call 4+ years of testing pretty good experimentation with TTK

(woodchip) #3

TTK is perfect. Increasing it would make winning 1v2s very hard. Would also lessen the impact of tactical play, which is appropriately important right now.

(Xenithos) #4

Part of what makes DB… Dirty Bomb – is the TTK.
No other game I’ve personally played has a ttk quite the same, where most weapons don’t one shot unless they’re abilities, and all abilities (up until Javelin) have very obvious triggers. You know when a fragger is going to throw a frag based not only on audio cues, but by his form. etc. There’s a high skill level with our TTK system as it is, and though I guess I wouldn’t mind slightly longer ttks to see how they effect the game, I have a feeling it would lessen the impact each individual player has. More ttk means the team with more players shooting at one player is the team that kills that player faster. Nowadays, one player could ace by himself IF he’s very very good. And in a high competitive scene it’s very rewarding feeling, you earned every kill, and you didn’t feel cheesy about doing it. It’s not like CoD.

The ttk is perfect, sometimes it’s a little lower than I’d like, but I think SD knows what they’re doing pretty dang well by this point to mess with something like that. You have a chance to counter everything(even javelin, though it needs improvement) as any character.

The only reason people dislike shotguns is because they were the true exception to this rule, being able to turn a corner and die instantly was just plain fail. But, playing smart also allowed you to learn where those shotgun people were, avoid them, or bait them, etc.

(watsyurdeal) #5

@Xenithos said:
Part of what makes DB… Dirty Bomb – is the TTK.
No other game I’ve personally played has a ttk quite the same, where most weapons don’t one shot unless they’re abilities, and all abilities (up until Javelin) have very obvious triggers. You know when a fragger is going to throw a frag based not only on audio cues, but by his form. etc. There’s a high skill level with our TTK system as it is, and though I guess I wouldn’t mind slightly longer ttks to see how they effect the game, I have a feeling it would lessen the impact each individual player has. More ttk means the team with more players shooting at one player is the team that kills that player faster. Nowadays, one player could ace by himself IF he’s very very good. And in a high competitive scene it’s very rewarding feeling, you earned every kill, and you didn’t feel cheesy about doing it. It’s not like CoD.

The ttk is perfect, sometimes it’s a little lower than I’d like, but I think SD knows what they’re doing pretty dang well by this point to mess with something like that. You have a chance to counter everything(even javelin, though it needs improvement) as any character.

The only reason people dislike shotguns is because they were the true exception to this rule, being able to turn a corner and die instantly was just plain fail. But, playing smart also allowed you to learn where those shotgun people were, avoid them, or bait them, etc.

Well my only reason for increasing TTK slightly is for more consistency, if you change the guns so they perform the same every situation, consistently, and the player can learn how to use the gun in this manner, the TTK will feel faster because the chances of missing will reduce. So a slight increase to fix that would probably be a smart plan. This is just my thought process, I can understand if people disagree.

(Dr_Plantboss) #6

I want it to be about 5% slower, but mostly because jumping around a corner and insta-killing a Skyhammer with a shotgun shouldn’t reeeaaally be a thing.

#KEEP IT THE SAME

(Szakalot) #7

we had longer ttk before and it was crap. Positioning didnt matter at all, everyone would just hop around and use low damage abilities, objectives would always be just taken under fire, nobody cared that they are shot at, etc.

(Mc1412013) #8

Um what is ttk???

(Nail) #9

lol, Time To Kill

(Guziol) #10

Db’s ttk is one of big reasons why i enjoy it so much.

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

No need to fix something thats not broken.

(Melinder) #12

@Dr_Plantboss said:
jumping around a corner and insta-killing a Skyhammer with a shotgun shouldn’t reeeaaally be a thing.

Careful, you’re going to make the forum angry.

(TitaniumRapture) #13

TTK here is probably reason why i suck so much but i am fine with that. :slight_smile:

(GatoCommodore) #14

@Melinder said:

@Dr_Plantboss said:
jumping around a corner and insta-killing a Skyhammer with a shotgun shouldn’t reeeaaally be a thing.

Careful, you’re going to make the forum angry.

(Noir) #15

It’s so hard to tweak perfectly. TTK is fine the way it is and is a reason why I love this game. Still, I wonder how good it would be to increase it just by a little. Like 10%.

Other times, I dream about double HP week-ends just for lolz.