Should bomb carriers that are inactive for 3 seconds at the start of the round drop it automatically

(Talak) #1

There are a lot of matches in public games where the bomb carrier is afk for an entire round. The only option for the attacking side is to eliminate the defenders.

I am often a medic or engineer in execution matches and I find myself swapping to an engineer and hope that the game doesn’t give the bomb to the inactive engineer which it often does for whatever reason. Voting to kick the inactive player isn’t always a reliable option because it often doesn’t work. There can be 7/6 votes to kick the player and yet the votes ends up failing.

(PleasantWheat) #2

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

(solace_) #3

I would say maybe 5-10 seconds cause sometimes (I do) people tab out for a sec between rounds but almost always comeback.

(solace_) #4

but yeah, good idea.

(XavienX) #5

Er maybe a little more than 3 seconds, maybe like 7. Cause what if the person with the bomb is just hiding and not moving since he’s waiting for the perfect sneak plant?
And also, they need a “drop” button for the bomb. Cause right now you can only drop it when you press “use” while switching weapons I believe and it’s real glitchy.

(SamillWong) #6

DEFINITELY! DB also needs a fix on the voting system, it has been a pain in the a$$ trying to kick AFK players…

(BananaSlug) #7

yes but maybe 7s

(bontsa) #8

[quote=“Xavien;134150”]
And also, they need a “drop” button for the bomb. Cause right now you can only drop it when you press “use” while switching weapons I believe and it’s real glitchy.[/quote]

It can be dropped by “equipping” it with 6 and then hitting mouse 1. Not very intuitive choice though, there could better way of implementing it. But its consistent that way, that switchy thingy you said is most prolly a bug.

Wouldn’t be bad change for making Execution flow a little better. Tad higher amount than 3 seconds though.

(Talak) #9

[quote=“Xavien;134150”]Er maybe a little more than 3 seconds, maybe like 7. Cause what if the person with the bomb is just hiding and not moving since he’s waiting for the perfect sneak plant?
And also, they need a “drop” button for the bomb. Cause right now you can only drop it when you press “use” while switching weapons I believe and it’s real glitchy.[/quote]

The number I suggested is an arbitrary number. It could be 5 to 10 seconds of inactivity at the start of a round. The only reason I said 3 seconds was because it can really ruin the flow of a round if your bomb carrier is 15 seconds behind the rest of the team. Can’t have the pressure of a c4 plant to force the defenders out of hiding.

I wouldn’t recommend having the bomb drop after the first thirty seconds of a round. It would be awkward and could potentially ruin an attacking side’s chance if the bomb carrier dropped the c4 because he or she is waiting for an opportunity to plant and is not moving/hiding.

(ImSploosh) #10

It should definitely be only in the beginning of the round. Once they move, they can’t drop it due to being still. That would be the best way.

(DaaDog) #11

[quote=“Xavien;134150”]Er maybe a little more than 3 seconds, maybe like 7. Cause what if the person with the bomb is just hiding and not moving since he’s waiting for the perfect sneak plant?

You can drop it easily by pressing 6 i think to switch to it and left click, never had any problems with it.

(SirMurder) #12

Yes please

(sgtCrookyGrin) #13

Because I’m Dat One Guy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(SYNERGYWalker) #14

Hell yeah!

(TheFoolArcana) #15

Increase time, for 12 ~~ 15s, i’m one of those AFKers with bomb, i swap windows between TeamSpeak and Chrome to see some stuff. (Isn’t P#$N)

(KnightDemon) #16

This is a very good idea, another that might work is similar to how bots who carry the bomb in a competitive csgo match are. In that you walk up to the bot and take the bomb pressing the use key or e in that case. Maybe in DB after 5-10 seconds have passed, you can go up to afk bomber and press the use key, f, and take the bomb, and if no one does that, after maybe 15 - 20 seconds, they automatically drop the bomb.

(sgtCrookyGrin) #17

LOL, It’s me against 30 people XD

(Teflon Love) #18

Yes, and also kick them automatically. >:)

(radionaut) #19

YES. too many execution rounds have been ruined by afk bomb-carriers and further worsened by a broken vote-kick system.

(Dr_Plantboss) #20

Yes, but maybe make it 10 seconds.