Shoe's last stream asked for community feedback regarding weapon balance so he can redirect to dev's

(1200hoursinDB) #1

Hello , i’m reposting this here since it was deleted on Dirty Bomb subreddit .

So /u/stayfreshshoe last Dirty Bomb stream was kinda good and open, he didn’t answer most of serious questions but instead asked feedback to be DM’ed to him so he can redirect it. I doubt it he missed a lot of post’s on this subreddit regarding weapon balance + nerfs but here we go.

Shotties

They are now mid range two tap weapons that require less skill to be used.

-revert them & tweak damage in various parts of the body, headshot multiplier needs to be back.

Burst Rifles

Yes they were abused in public matches same as other weapons & mercs.

-revert them to old state and tweak dmg/rate/recoil they are now outperformed by everything, bring back accuracy so they can deal dmg.

Dreiss

It was not a newbie weapon , it had high headshot dmg but by far very rewarding to use.

-tweak headshot damage and rework recoil , right now you pray for hit when you fire , the RNG recoil is not needed.

In my opinion this weapon change was to keep the lower level players playing so they spend enough cash before quiting , since SD already pissed vets enough. This was a gamebreaking weapons nerf that proved SD has no focus in gunplay in a competitive shooter. Hope i’m proven wrong , please add your feedback and hopefully a dev will see it & we’ll get a weapon balance dev stream.

(Gire) #2

Fix Kukri, Tomahawk, Ulu because feels shit to use them

(HadronZodiac) #3

@Gire said:
Fix Kukri, Tomahawk, Ulu because feels @$!# to use them

Its true, ulus are quite honestly the worst weapon in the game. At least the stark can deal damage…

(watsyurdeal) #4

The Grandeur

Get rid of the bloom on that gun, but increase the recoil. So there’s no spread to worry a bout while moving, you just point and shoot the gun but you gotta keep pulling your mouse down to control the recoil. While Aiming down sights should reduce this drastically, so it’s easier to nail shots.

And yes I realize this means the gun will likely get a RoF nerf to like 150-160 rpm for balancing reasons, and that’s totally fine.

(Sorotia) #5

The K-121 can use some love, or at least give Fragger access to the MK46.
Burst rifles could use a little love. (Seems like all they can be is either OP or UP)
Shotguns need a severe penalty for bunny hopping
SMG-9 is still the jack of all trades, sucks at them all kind of weapon

Just a few off my head

(gseijn) #6

Make the Grandeur great again and allow that gun to have a ROF like the good ole days of 200RPM. Also, bring back the dmg to 40 Body and 80 Head like it once was. Iron sights are fine and go ahead and throw that recoil up and keep the bloom high like before the buff.

As long as the ROF is back to 200RPM I will fall back in love with that gun.

(Jigstraw) #7

Shotguns should suffer the same random artificial inaccuracy as every other gun while spamming jumps/walljumps, in my opinion. What I’d like to see done is specifically a randomization of the center point of the spread of pellets while spamming jumps/walljumps. No widening of the spread, it should still fire a spread of pellets in a fixed pattern the exact same size whether you’re jumping or standing still, just subjected to same the element of RNG spread present while jumping on literally every single other weapon in the game. This would be an excellent way of discouraging that playstyle.

The Dreiss needs less horizontal recoil, and a fire-rate nerf. that’s all I’d do to it. reducing the fire rate without changing its spread would help players control it better, since it would be blooming more slowly with the lower fire rate, and it would be a lower TTK as well.

For sniper rifles, i’d honestly just stick more aimpunch on them to emphasize taking clean shots from unexpected angles opposed to camping one position and creating a no-man’s-land that everyone has to work around because it’s not worth pushing a sniper who will hit you even if you know where they are and start shooting them first. Snipers are the ONLY weapon I condone noticeable aimpunch on, because they are completely overpowered and unfair to play against above a certain skill level, and the ONLY counter to a good sniper is a better sniper with a positional advantage, especially with spotting abilities like snitch devices and heartbeat sensors that essentially give them completely legal wall-hacks which remove awareness as a required skill for survival.

speaking of spotting abilities, nerf the fuck out of the heartbeat sensor and snitch, please. These abilities have what amounts to 100% uptime, because their duration is slightly longer than their cooldown, and it simply isn’t fair that such an incredibly powerful ability can be used indefinitely. They should be active like 1/3 of the period that they ARE active in my opinion. Think Hanzo’s sonic arrow from overwatch, or widowmaker’s ultimate. There’s a damn good reason “spotting” type abilities are either on a very long cooldown, or are a fucking ultimate ability.

Honestly though, i think simply doubling everyone’s max HP with no other changes would be a huge improvement in terms of balance. Longer TTK games just feel more fair, one hit kill weapons/abilities are bullshit and anti-fun to play against. lol. If that could be a setting in rentable servers, i’d love to try it. Just double health for everyone, literally no other changes.

actually on second thought you’d probably have to double the time it takes to repair/plant/defuse/deliver objectives as well

(GatoCommodore) #8

yea i hate playing against good snipers not because they are good, but its because there are no way to fight them on equal field unless they slip up.

also, spotting abilities like snitch gets longer cooldown if it gets shot but its nowhere as powerful as heartbeat sensor since you dont need it 24/7 uptime to know where enemies are going and even with the enigma perk.

if you nerf Dreiss rate of fire wouldnt it just become another Grandeur? I say just lose the horizontal recoil and the gun is already good for me.

i second the idea of doubling everyone’s HP but abilities will also need to be re-adjusted so there wont be people who will survive skyhammer missile barrage.

(Press E) #9

Everyone’s mentioned shotguns so I won’t talk about them as much as I could, but being able to 1-2 shot most mercs from several meters away is pretty bad. For a game with high TTK, this really doesn’t fit DB at all, and it makes playing squishy mercs annoying af. I’d recommend nerfing the damage and range, but reworking the cocking animation so they aren’t as clunky and don’t restart when you switch your weapon. Shotguns don’t have to be perfect in every situations, so I don’t see why machine pistols can’t be buffed to handle range while shotguns are used for close combat.
As they are now, they’re just easymode weapons.

EDIT: Just noticed this is a necro. Oh well, my point still applies lol

(Eox) #10

You know the drill boys. If it’s a necro, I close it. :confused:

However if you still wish to discuss weapon balance nothing prevents you from copying your post from here and make a new thread.

Closing.

(Eox) closed #11