Server updates?

(Mc1412013) #1

@Frew any updates to rentable servers??

(Frew) #2

any updates to rentable servers??

Definitely still a work in progress but further along than last time I posted! :boom:

(Mc1412013) #3

@Frew in theory what would happen to the multi play servers that are being migrated once the new rentable servers go live. Will they stay active till dec as planned or would they shut down in favor of the new servers. would the new server company completely replace multiplay servers for official servers as well or will db be running off 2 different server companies

(Frew) #4

in theory what would happen to the multi play servers that are being migrated once the new rentable servers go live. Will they stay active till dec as planned or would they shut down in favor of the new servers. would the new server company completely replace multiplay servers for official servers as well or will db be running off 2 different server companies

Good question! This is an entirely separate venture so it shouldn’t impact the Multiplay offering.

(Mc1412013) #5

@Frew just out of curiosity since u guys probably need to make new config files for the new servers, any way to sneak original terminal and dome(one milk jug version) in there. Even though unlikely to ever happen Comunity would greatly apreciate it

(Frew) #6

just out of curiosity since u guys probably need to make new config files for the new servers, any way to sneak original terminal and dome(one milk jug version) in there. Even though unlikely to ever happen Comunity would greatly apreciate it

I hear your request but sadly this isn’t a case of simply manipulating server configuration files. This request would require a fair bit of dev time plus a new build which is not something we’re planning to do.

Unrelated to your question but related to the thread as a whole, we completed a thorough test of the new community servers over the weekend and they performed well. I’m just sorting through a few final points with the new provider and then I’ll have some information out to you all.

(Mc1412013) #7

Who knows future isnt writen into stone not planning may turn into hey we have some down time lets have some fun with a suprise db build. Never say never and never give up hope