Server shutdown problem

(Lokalen) #21

This morning when I went to work all servers were down due to the described problem. There should at least be a “try to reconnect” option so that the servers can get up and running again after Steam crashes. I would hate to have to parse log files in order to really see if the server is up or not.

(cralexns) #22

I’m considering writing a little program to query all my servers by A2S and recycle the services if there is no response. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Lokalen) #23

We could do that, but there should really be some kind of logic for this in the gameserver itself. Has it been tested that A2S works?

(cralexns) #24

Yes, it works - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to list servers in the steam server browser. :slight_smile:

I agree though, the server should take care of this itself or at least close the console if it closes the server so it will automatically be recycled if it is run as a service.

(mcg_nl) #25

What os are you guys running?

My servers on a windows 2003 32bit machine stay online.
My servers on windows 2003 64 and windows 2008 have the same issues.

(Lokalen) #26

We run 2008 R2

(cralexns) #27

[QUOTE=mcg_nl;303009]What os are you guys running?

My servers on a windows 2003 32bit machine stay online.
My servers on windows 2003 64 and windows 2008 have the same issues.[/QUOTE]

Windows 2008

Curious, how long have your servers on the 2003 32bit been running?

(mcg_nl) #28

[QUOTE=cralexns;303191]Windows 2008

Curious, how long have your servers on the 2003 32bit been running?[/QUOTE]

More then 24 hours, but i have to say there is not mutch activity on the servers.

(kampfbrot) #29

Hi there, same probleme here :slight_smile:

Running 2008 R2, could it be caused by 32/64bit?

(Lokalen) #30

Would love to get some attention from SplashDamage about this.

For me it doesn’t seem to have to do with loosing connection to Steam (although it does that). I have 4 server running on same machine and IP and 2 of them work flawlessly, 2 of them keep “crashing” (or shutting down) after 1 map.

The 2 working servers are running Objective
The 2 non working servers are running Stopwatch

(cralexns) #31

[QUOTE=Lokalen;303896]Would love to get some attention from SplashDamage about this.

For me it doesn’t seem to have to do with loosing connection to Steam (although it does that). I have 4 server running on same machine and IP and 2 of them work flawlessly, 2 of them keep “crashing” (or shutting down) after 1 map.

The 2 non working servers are running Stopwatch[/QUOTE]

All my servers are running the same gamemode and only the name, ports and userpath differs in the setup. I’ve only noticed a shutdown twice in the last 9 hours, first it was one of my servers shutting itself down and about an hour ago it was two of them.

(Anti) #32

This data is very useful folks, I’ll see if we can figure out what the issue is. I’m especially interested to know if you still experience the same error since tonight’s server update.

(Mavick) #33

Yeah, after reading through this thread I was curious if any of you actually applied the update from today to your servers?

(cralexns) #34

What’s the latest version? I updated my servers late last night in conjunction with the client update.

si_version = Brink 1.0.22745.47105 win-x86 May 12 2011 16:27:45

(Anti) #35

Yup, that would be latest

(mcg_nl) #36

After the update i started 12 servers, they where fulll in minutes.
Seems to be stable, but using a lot of cpu recources.

(cralexns) #37

Okay, then I am still seeing the occasional shutdown - had to restart two servers this morning.

Info on those two:

+set net_ip [my IP] +set net_serverDedicated 1 +set net_serverPort 27015 +set net_serverPortMaster 27016 +exec f1.cfg +set fs_userpath "C:\GameServers\BRINK\1"

si_name “Servername”
exec contactinfo.cfg
net_serverAllowHijacking 0
logFile 1
logFileName f1console.log
exec server_objective_standard_vs.cfg
spawnServer mp/aquarium

+set net_ip [my IP] +set net_serverDedicated 1 +set net_serverPort 27017 +set net_serverPortMaster 27018 +exec f2.cfg +set fs_userpath "C:\GameServers\BRINK\2"

si_name “Servername”
exec contactinfo.cfg
net_serverAllowHijacking 0
logFile 1
logFileName f2console.log
exec server_objective_standard_vs.cfg
spawnServer mp/ccity

contactinfo.cfg sets si_website, si_adminname, si_email, si_irc, si_modt_1, si_motd_2 only

(Smeg77) #38

I’m getting the same issue with server shut-down, originally it was due to the server’s being out-of date, but having said that we don’t get a message telling use the servers need to be updated, at least with L4D you get a message int eh console window telling you they’re out of date.

But since the last update yesterday my servers just shut-down for no apparent reason, one min they’ll be running fine then halfway through an intense battle they just go off and you have to respawn them, this is the same for both my Campaign and Objective servers.

(Remyx99) #39

[QUOTE=Lokalen;303896]Would love to get some attention from SplashDamage about this.

The 2 non working servers are running Stopwatch[/QUOTE]

Same for me, We run the same config on 4 servers on the same serverbox, 3 run objective - 1 run Stopwatch.

the 3 servers have been up since update.

The stopwatch competition is however crashing quite often.

(Anti) #40

Configs and console logs would be really useful if you have them