SD Num.

(irvine05) #1

Do you reckon you could put the phone number in the career section of the website? Have people ring in telling you what they want to be and why they can be it that sort of thing :slight_smile: i just think it will help save a bit of time by having people answer some phone calls rather than reading a thousand emails everyday

Maybe have like certain days and a certain time on that day when they phone in so it gives you time to read your emails and also talk to people about their future

Just an idea anyway :wink:

(Nail) #2

hard to show a portfolio over the phone

(Herandar) #3

This, but on the phone.

(Nail) #4

I deliberately chose not to belittle, heā€™s very young and thereā€™s no need to discourage him. SD doesnā€™t publish their phone number or street address because of , letā€™s say ā€œannoyancesā€. E-Mail is a very good way to contact them as portfolios can be a link or an atttachment. I say, let his post be

(.Chris.) #5

Maybe they have a hot sounding secretary, much more fun than an email response.

<3 Mandy from Talbot Constructionā€¦

(Apples) #6

Adress is a plus tho, I dunno in UK but here in France its ALLWAYS better to go directly to see your (future) boss and show him your work face to face rather than via email, I find it very personnal and it shows your real motivation, sending mass email isnt what I call ā€œselective motivationā€, you just apply ā€œen masseā€ and I dont find it really usefull.

My 2 cents

Peace

(badman) #7

We generally set up phone and on-site interviews with those that make it past the ā€œfirst roundā€ so to speak. Having people come in off the street uninvited or call in to discuss their professional future would be pretty disruptive. :slight_smile:

(shagileo) #8

Fax is win

(Herandar) #9

You hiring, Apples?

(irvine05) #10

sorry i didnt think about in that way but badmans answered my question anyway so its ok thanks everyone though :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #11

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the hot shots in the team (obviously without encroaching on their privacy)? Does SD go hunting for talent as well?

(badman) #12

Thereā€™s lots of ways to go about this stuff - weirdly, quite a lot of those guys actually came to us rather than the other way around. :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #13

Oh thatā€™s good to hear. I imagine some networking takes place on developer conventions as well.

(irvine05) #14

Do you hire game designers? Cuz that what i want to do later in life (when ive finished school)

also i was reading in the career section that you hire some people straight out of school is this true becuase im thinking of moving to london, from birmingham, to try and get a job at SD when im old enough :smiley:

(Herandar) #15

You should check out Lockiā€™s friends list on Facebook. All sorts of industry contacts on there.

(shagileo) #16

Facebook? Really?
After the release of Tapir Wars 3, you still trust those ā€˜likeā€™ pages :eek: :penguin::stroggtapir:

Nah for real, it can be a true source of inspiration to get in contact with other players in teh bizz
(also linkedin can help)

(tokamak) #17

[QUOTE=irvine05;284847]Do you hire game designers? Cuz that what i want to do later in life (when ive finished school)

also i was reading in the career section that you hire some people straight out of school is this true becuase im thinking of moving to london, from birmingham, to try and get a job at SD when im old enough :D[/QUOTE]

At least as important as your education is your portfolio. So while at school get busy and start projects.