Scaling in Doom3

(Infernis) #1

Hi guys,

I’m new here, I was directed to this site by a friend. I go by the nick Infernis [which is latin for hell].

I’ve been editing for Quake3 but I want to start making MP maps for Doom 3. This way I’ll be complelty up to date wenn Quake 4 hits the shelves.

Anyway let’s continue with my first question to introduce myself to the board. What are the common used sizes for height between floors, staircases [how width and high each step is], walkways, etc.

I’ve been looking at some .map files but it varies a bit between singleplayer and multiplayer, or atleast so it seems. I just want to get it right [I had alot of trouble with Quake3 as well in the beginning] before I even start.

So anyone ?

([DS]Method) #2

Hi Infernis,

This forum mostly quiet, but hopefully you’ll get some more replies.

SIZES:

hallway: 128 - 192 units (width)
walls: 128 - 256 units (height)
steps: 1 step = 8 units (height)
crate: 16 - 64 units (width and height)
pipes: 8 - 64 units (diameter)

I believe, those are standards.

For light volumes, I use this table:

|   8 |  16 |  24 |  32 |  40 |  48 |  56 |  64 |
|  72 |  80 |  88 |  96 | 104 | 112 | 120 | 128 |
| 136 | 144 | 152 | 160 | 168 | 176 | 184 | 192 |
| 200 | 208 | 216 | 224 | 232 | 240 | 248 | 256 |
| 264 | 272 | 280 | 288 | 296 | 304 | 312 | 320 |
| 328 | 336 | 344 | 352 | 360 | 368 | 376 | 384 |
| 392 | 400 | 408 | 416 | 424 | 432 | 440 | 448 |
| 456 | 464 | 472 | 480 | 488 | 496 | 504 | 512 |
| 520 | 528 | 536 | 544 | 552 | 560 | 568 | 576 |
| 584 | 592 | 600 | 608 | 616 | 624 | 632 | 640 |
| 648 | 656 | 664 | 672 | 680 | 688 | 696 | 704 |
| 712 | 720 | 728 | 736 | 744 | 752 | 760 | 768 |

You can enter any value for light_radius, but I try to use numbers divisible by eight (one grid unit).

Method

(Infernis) #3

Hi Method,

Thanks for the reply. It appears that it’s not so different from Quake 3 then I imagined.

Well better start working on it. What are you currently working on ?

([DS]Method) #4

I remember now, I saw you on Map-Center forum. I’m working on getting as much info on CTF and playing a lot of Q2 CTF to get a good feel of gameply, before I’ll begin a map for D3 CTF. I already sketched and blocked out a possible map. Here is the topic I made with resources over at doom3world.org:

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9380

I usually post news on what I do here:

http://method.gamedesign.net

Method

(Infernis) #5

I’ve sent you an email.

(KevinFlys) #6

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a WoW Gold genre of online computer role-playing games (CRPGs) in and which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world. As in all RPGs, So please try WoW Powerleveling and players assume the role of a fictional character not Runescape Powerleveling and (most commonly in a fantasy world),and take control over many of that character’s actions.MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player CRPGs by the number of players, and by the game’s persistent world, usually hosted by the game’s publisher, which continues to exist or and evolve while the player is away from the game.someone said that is a great idear,but i think it’s a nice choose! why? because that and Maple Story Mesos it’s a best games items for mmorpg,and somefor games player not to be our best games,lol~ we should try and buy some also we can learn some to improve our games account! ThanksRunescape

(Loruoo15) #7

It’s that time of year when we pack up our bags and head to the beach for the day to enjoy those warm sunrays and the refreshing sound of the lapping water.So what constitutes a good beach wardrobe. Well there are certain essentials that none of us forget. On goes the swimsuit and bathing suit cover, flip flops on our feet. Beach bag has been packed with the essentials - sunglasses, floppy hat, towel and a good book. Great - got the basics covered but what about the rest.wow goldSo if we are so prepared for a day at the beach, why is it by the time we get home we look pretty worn. Here are some helpful tips to make your day at the beach fun and keep you looking fashion fresh all day and all the way Home.wow goldFirst before you leave Home, if you’ve got long hair pull it into a high pony tail or fun knot. Use some funky hair accessories that will stay in place when you’re swimming. Try a fun colored bobble or some firm fastening clips in bright summer colors. If you pull your hair up your neck will stay cool and you’ll look fresh all day with your neat hairdo.maple story powerlevelingSecond slather yourself in sunscreen before leaving the house, then toss the sunscreen in your bag so you can reapply after a swim or every few hours. A sunburn is not only unhealthy and painful, it’s unattractive, so don’t let yourself turn into the lobster of the day. Your sunscreen should be a SPF of 15. It doesn’t hurt to use a strong SPF on your face or your entire body if you burn easily.maple story powerlevelingYour beach bag should be large enough to hold your supplies for the day. Why not get something fun and fashionable to keep you looking fashion fresh. Make sure you’ve got all the daily essentials in your bag - sunglasses, sunscreen, a good book, a floppy hat, some lip gloss, and any other makeup touch ups you’ll want. If you plan to wear eye makeup make sure it’s waterproof. Stay away from heavy foundations. If you must apply something use a bronzer moisturizer. It’s also a good idea to bring lip balm with an SPF15 to protect your lips. It never hurts to put some moisturizer in the bag. Include a snack and plenty of fluids. It’s important not to get dehydrated.maple story powerlevelingOkay great we’ve got the basics covered now what about the wardrobe basics? If you’re planning to wear a swimsuit it’s usually easiest to put it on at Home, that way you’re not chasing down change rooms. So great - first on goes the swimsuit. Now what to wear for a cover? Well you’ve got plenty of choices. A tank top and shorts, tank and skort, or a nice light cotton dress all work well over top. Choose something that’s easy to put on and take off, and choose fabrics that breathe to keep you cool. I also suggest including a long sleeved cotton blouse just incase you start to burn you can protect your shoulders and arms