Sawbonez medkits UP?

(CCP115) #1

I don’t own Sawbonez, so therefore don’t use him much, but I sort of had this feeling from watching Muselk play, and being healed by other Sawbonez.

Are his medkits UP? They seem to heal really slowly, and have a lot less potential then Aura ofc.

(avidCow) #2

They seem ok to me. You can throw them a long way and they’re plentiful.

(Ruvan) #3

I think it’s more that Aura is just too effective currently, tbh.

Sawbonez is by no means bad. You can drops kits consistently and spread them out a bit, healing allies as they push multiple lanes. Aura healing, although powerful, is vulnerable to being knocked out and leaves the team very immobile. Plus, I think it’s very likely Aura will be nerfed in the near future.

Furthermore, it’s not just about healing. Sawbonez has higher health and access to a larger variety of SMGs, fitting a larger variety of effective ranges. Auras SMG is good but fairly long range range (for an SMG). However, he doesn’t have Auras short range ooomph, in the form of shotguns.

Nevertheless, I personally feel that the effective range of shotguns is too short in comparison to SMGs. SMGs are monsters up close when hitting head shots, nearly as good as shotguns AND have a much longer effective range. So maybe the lack of shotguns is not really that much of a disadvantage.

(Szakalot) #4

[quote=“extravagentBypass;3924”]I don’t own Sawbonez, so therefore don’t use him much, but I sort of had this feeling from watching Muselk play, and being healed by other Sawbonez.

Are his medkits UP? They seem to heal really slowly, and have a lot less potential then Aura ofc.[/quote]

they heal very slowly when it comes to self-heal. So a sawbonez throwing healthpacks at himself or other sawbonez.

This is to prevent rambo medics who would instantly refil to full hp and fight again.

Healing rate for other classes is extremely fast, feels faster than Aura’s station.

(avidCow) #5

Yes healing rate for other classes is very quick. You can see the bar over a teammates head shoot up in about 1.5 seconds.

(watsyurdeal) #6

Are you serious?

The fact that a Medic can heal himself so easily is already pushing it, all you need is about 3 seconds of breathing room to go from 10 hp to 110, with your own kit.

If anything, it’s too strong, the point of Medics is to save OTHER people, not yourself.

I’m sure I’m going to get flack for that but that’s just how I feel about it, and I probably wouldn’t be so frustrated with Medics if finishing people off didn’t take as long as it did to kill them.

[quote=“exaltedBolt;15247”]
Nevertheless, I personally feel that the effective range of shotguns is too short in comparison to SMGs. SMGs are monsters up close when hitting head shots, nearly as good as shotguns AND have a much longer effective range. So maybe the lack of shotguns is not really that much of a disadvantage.[/quote]

Uh, I’ve had plenty of shots where I’ve managed to kill someone way out of the range of a normal shotgun, so range isn’t an issue. Besides, Shotguns are close range weapons, they sacrifice that range for one shot kills, that’s a pretty common thing in shooters.

(CCP115) #7

[quote=“Szakalot;15264”][quote=“extravagentBypass;3924”]I don’t own Sawbonez, so therefore don’t use him much, but I sort of had this feeling from watching Muselk play, and being healed by other Sawbonez.

Are his medkits UP? They seem to heal really slowly, and have a lot less potential then Aura ofc.[/quote]

they heal very slowly when it comes to self-heal. So a sawbonez throwing healthpacks at himself or other sawbonez.

This is to prevent rambo medics who would instantly refil to full hp and fight again.

Healing rate for other classes is extremely fast, feels faster than Aura’s station.[/quote]

Ah that would explain a lot, thanks for that.

I remember once I tailed a Sawbonez as Arty as we flanked around the enemy. I kept dying thanks to Arty’s useless gun, but Sawbonez was dropping medkits everywhere.