RTCW GTKRadiant mapping - soldiers doesn't shot to me

(michart56) #1

Welcome.

I doing map to single player game to Return to castle Wolfenstein in GTKRadiant. I did map, lights, models, building and I add soldiers. After compiling and run map everything is ok, but soldiers stand and don’t shot to me. What I should to do, to soldiers attack me? please help.

(Eugeny) #2

Hi!
Do make AAS

(michart56) #3

What it is AAS? how can I do it?

(ronboy) #4

Hello, michart56. This link explains what AAS files are: http://www.surfacegroup.org/tutorials/rtcw/aas_generation/
Don’t bother trying to download anything from the site, because none of the downloads seem to work. If no one else sends you the necessary files, I will. :slight_smile:

(michart56) #5

but when I open and write this code like “C:\comp\bspc.exe -threads 1 -ext _b0 -cfg C:\comp\aascfg_lg.c -bsp2aas C:\comp\AItest.bsp copy bspc.log temp_b1.log -optimize” and console answer that don’t understand this command and this is not working. This is cmd.exe command promt or other program?

(Mateos) #6

You can make a .bat file (create a txt file and change it’s extension to bat, then do a right click, Edit), and put the command line there

Be sure to adapt the compiler path to your installation

(michart56) #7

unfortunately it does not working I sent screenshot

(Mateos) #8

There are spaces in the path, thus is considers it as a different argument: you need to add double-quotes (") before and after the path

(michart56) #9

now its something like this “files not found” but everything is ok but files AAS not found

(ronboy) #10

You are using the correct method to make AAS files, but the essential files to actually create AAS aren’t being found. Can you take a screenshot of your Return to Castle Wolfenstein/radiant folder?

(michart56) #11

yes

(michart56) #12

[QUOTE=michart56;517986]

yes[/QUOTE] I sent screenshots of Radiant folder

(melc_av) #13

Hello Michart56,
Happy New Year!
More informations about the project? How many levels? Secret areas? Story line? Aproximative date of release?
Thanks in advance

(michart56) #14

so, I am beginer I very mutch like game RTC Wolfenstein and I want to create custom levels single player with my dreams and ideas. I did AAS file. Watched film about this. Now soldier shot to me but they all soldiers go to me from the map and shot and this is very bad. I want, to soldiers shot to me but when I go to next areas like in game. Propably I must write scripts but I don’t understand it good. When I add to soldiers in entities windows “N” key skin value infrantyss/escape2 in game is error loading animation script. Please help I have inspiration to make single player levels!

(ronboy) #15

[QUOTE=melc_av;518065]Hello Michart56,
Happy New Year!
More informations about the project? How many levels? Secret areas? Story line? Aproximative date of release?
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Calm down, melc_av. Michart56 is only a beginner, and he probably is not ready to give any information on a project yet.

Read this tutorial: http://www.surfacegroup.org/tutorials/rtcw/ai_kim/
Look at the example maps escape1 and escape2, which should be provided with Gtk Radiant.

(michart56) #16

I can do brushes, construction, terain, light, world, I want to learn advance options scripts, enemies, mision objective, sounds. moreoveer I am interesting and knows architecture of buildings, palaces, houses mainly from Lodz, I am from Poland.

(Mateos) #17

ronboy posted links which will help you learn more about RtCW mapping, and I guess he has some more bookmarked :wink:

(ronboy) #18

Yes, I know about all sites containing Rtcw mapping tutorials. :slight_smile:

(michart56) #19

This is working!

I did one main level to Wolfenstein. Assault castle. I wrote script AI from Escape1 level example, characters soldiers gate in castle opening by button and end level next level I set Chateau. I sent some screenshots. Problem with one. When I did in N windows in GTKRADIANT skin infantryntyss/escape1 game show, that can’t find script for infantryss.

(ronboy) #20

[QUOTE=michart56;518209]This is working!

I did one main level to Wolfenstein. Assault castle. I wrote script AI from Escape1 level example, characters soldiers gate in castle opening by button and end level next level I set Chateau. I sent some screenshots. Problem with one. When I did in N windows in GTKRADIANT skin infantryntyss/escape1 game show, that can’t find script for infantryss.

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. While this looks interesting, I see some design errors on the screenshots you posted. When your project is finished, you might want to release a version for testing. This forum is a great place to have your work tested: http://wolfmap.ru/forum/