[RtCW] Adding subtitles in the original non modded game?

(jacKfIsher05) #21

Eugeny, thanks about the help again :slight_smile:

More of the subtitles are missing in the .ai and .script files for the cutscenes and they must be manual written. It’s not so easy as I thought and I really don’t know if this is possible now, because I need to codes for the sounds and I cannot find them (or i’m not looking at the right place).

(YaReX-PL) #22

Hi, Eugeny - I found this topic when I looked information about adding subtitles to cinematics RtCW.
According to your advice, I did a txt file for Cutscene1, I made the appropriate path, but in the game, something not working subtitles. File(s) I must packing to the PK3 pack? Can you sent me the finished file(s) to my an e-mail address (yarex12@wp.pl)? I’m working on the Polish version of the game and would me nice have cutscenes RtCW with captions. Thanks in advance for your help.

(Eugeny) #23

Hi YaReX-PL!
You need new dll files and wolfsp.exe

RtCW with support subtitles

(YaReX-PL) #24

I have installed RtCW on my computer, patched to version 1.41, so I have this “wolfsp.exe”.
But which “new dll files” we are talking about? So what next step to add subtitles?

(Eugeny) #25

[QUOTE=YaReX-PL;407352]I have installed RtCW on my computer, patched to version 1.41, so I have this “wolfsp.exe”.
But which “new dll files” we are talking about? So what next step to add subtitles?[/QUOTE]

http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/32853-RtCW-with-support-subtitles

(Mateos) #26

Little offtopic advice: avoid to give an e-mail adress with the @, it is easier for bots to find and use them; You can replace by [at] and why not [dot] for address ( [something] hotmail.com can be detected I guess) :slight_smile:

Good luck with it!

(YaReX-PL) #27

Eugeny - thanks for advice, but i found little problem. In your post:
“Modification adds support for subtitles
Only Windows
The archive also contains an example subtitle file for map cutscene1
Download here http://activesoftcorp.ax3.net/?page=download

download link with “subtitle file” is missing - I can download only
RtCW Script Editor + Project-X Demo + HD Texture Pack Alpha v. 0.23.
Could you reuploading “subtitle file for map cutscene1” again?

(Eugeny) #28

Throw MSIE, and install a normal browser

The file is located in archive in folder main/text/maps/

(William Faure) #29

[QUOTE=Eugeny;500251]Throw MSIE, and install a normal browser

The file is located in archive in folder main/text/maps/ [/QUOTE]

Hi! I want to add subtitles to a cinematic (cutscene) but I can’t use this mod (the DLLs and the .exe files) because I already have my own customized .dll files and my own customized wolfsp.exe file.
So my question is, how do I add subtitles without using this mod?

I tried to use the “print” function in the .ai script file of my map. It was like it follows:

// CAMERA INTRO TRIGGER //START
    trigger cam_intro
        {
		startcam tdasewers_intro1
		print ^3William Blazkowicz
Looks like I made-it to the sewers.
		wait 2000
        }

I tested and it wasn’t like I wanted: the message was displaying in the top-left corner of the screen, and all in yellow, on a single line. However the time was respected. But it shown like this:

(AI) player ->William Blazkowicz
Looks like I made-it to the sewers.

How could I modify the script in order to show the subtitles like in your mod without using new .dll and new .exe? Is it possible to just modify the .ai file in order to show the subtitles like I want? @Eugeny, do you know how I must do it?

(Eugeny) #30

Hi, Titeuf!
You must do edit source code.
Following the example of the console command “print”, and text output functions “setup dynamite” or “mission failed”

(William Faure) #31

[QUOTE=Eugeny;513692]Hi, Titeuf!
You must do edit source code.
Following the example of the console command “print”, and text output functions “setup dynamite” or “mission failed”[/QUOTE]

Alright - then it will display like a dynamite setup message > do you have specific files for me to edit?

EDIT: Should I follow the example of the CG_CENTERPRINT function?

(William Faure) #32

@Eugeny - Unfortunately, I don’t find the correct src file to edit - can you send me the original src files you made for this Subtitles mod? I’m totally ok if you can’t or don’t want to, but it would be handful because I’m currently stuck with this problem, as I’m not really good at coding.

The fact is that I have the dll files from the “Additional Weapons Mod 4.0”; only the cgamex86.dll and qagamex86.dll are customized, my uix86.dll is the original one. My WolfSP.exe is also the original from 1.41 release. If I only import your uix86.dll from your Subtitles mod to my project, as well as the WolfSP.exe, will it work?

(Eugeny) #33

Unfortunately, I have a habit of losing the source code.

(William Faure) #34

Would your mod work if I import only the uix86.dll and wolfsp.exe?

(Eugeny) #35

Try it! .

(William Faure) #36

Will do - stay tuned, I’ll tell you if this works.

(William Faure) #37

I did a “Text/Maps/” folder, with a “mymap.txt” file inside it. I inserted:

{
	"blazko1"	"^3William Blazkowicz
Looks like I made it to the sewers."
}

So, the question left is, what must I tape in the .ai script file? What command?

(Eugeny) #38

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;513706]I did a “Text/Maps/” folder, with a “mymap.txt” file inside it. I inserted:

{
	"blazko1"	"^3William Blazkowicz
Looks like I made it to the sewers."
}

So, the question left is, what must I tape in the .ai script file? What command?[/QUOTE]

playsound blazko1

text file must named also as mapname
example, add to sound\scripts\general.sounds

blazko1
{
	streaming
	voice
	sound pathtosound.wav
}

(William Faure) #39

I did what you said - but there’s an error when I start the map:

Error: Client/Server game mismatch: baseq3-1/

Do you think I must not use the wolsp.exe and the uix86.dll of your mod? Would it work without these?

EDIT: It seems to crash when I use my own executable and dlls.

(Eugeny) #40

I don’t know… ((