RIP Video Games, 'cept humble Indies.

(TheStrangerous) #1

Much like LEGO toys, I used to play it in the past. Same fate goes to video games…

(henki000) #2

Let the kids gamble. It’s their parents liability to monitor gambling obsession. If you make it illegal, it will only increase under-the-counter gambling. I know those odds are crap, but business is business. Better have that business under control and collect tax for common good than let mafia run it.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #3

(AlbinMatt) #4

A corrupt aristocracy and clergy, undermining and abusing or even outright ignoring the efforts and suffering of the peasants and non noble clerics, while the comfy landowners stay out of royal politics enjoy their simple lives.

Soon, everything would crumble and fall, everyone from the shining crown to the bruised and filthy toes would suffer from their system, and a violent overthrowing of society commences. From the rubble shall rise charismatic leaders and reformist warriors, all with grand designs of a republic, where the peasants would die, and the lower class are reborn as proud laborers for the new banner.

Not too long after, the once docile peasants are now better educated and well fed, but are just as greedy and unsatisfied. They too would nibble and chomp on the system that had saved them, causing a collapse from all the tension and strife. The people call for someone smart, someone great, someone charming and trustworthy to lead them through the chaos and bring order for generations to come, only to come back to their old monarch, then nobles, then feudals. All has gone full circle, for such is man: a backwards fool and a forthcoming genius, forever running in the hamster wheel they made themselves.
Now replace the nouns with “AAA” and “Indies”.

Edit: help I’m bleeding from the edge

(AlbinMatt) #5

@henki000 said:
Let the kids gamble. It’s their parents liability to monitor gambling obsession. If you make it illegal, it will only increase under-the-counter gambling. I know those odds are crap, but business is business. Better have that business under control and collect tax for common good than let mafia run it.

For any Americans reading this: Prohibition much?

(TheStrangerous) #6

@AlbinMatt said:
A corrupt aristocracy and clergy, undermining and abusing or even outright ignoring the efforts and suffering of the peasants and non noble clerics, while the comfy landowners stay out of royal politics enjoy their simple lives.

Soon, everything would crumble and fall, everyone from the shining crown to the bruised and filthy toes would suffer from their system, and a violent overthrowing of society commences. From the rubble shall rise charismatic leaders and reformist warriors, all with grand designs of a republic, where the peasants would die, and the lower class are reborn as proud laborers for the new banner.

Not too long after, the once docile peasants are now better educated and well fed, but are just as greedy and unsatisfied. They too would nibble and chomp on the system that had saved them, causing a collapse from all the tension and strife. The people call for someone smart, someone great, someone charming and trustworthy to lead them through the chaos and bring order for generations to come, only to come back to their old monarch, then nobles, then feudals. All has gone full circle, for such is man: a backwards fool and a forthcoming genius, forever running in the hamster wheel they made themselves.

We need the next Che Guevara, only in video game industry.

(GatoCommodore) #7

@TheStrangerous said:

@AlbinMatt said:

We need the next Che Guevara, only in video game industry.

i dont want “Che Guevara of game industry” to lynch beta males and african-centric people
but i get what youre getting at.

(TheStrangerous) #8

Still, it’s a post apocalyptic wasteland. I feel more and more alienated each year from this hobby… :confused:

Even a revolutionist wouldn’t change a thing.

@TheStrangerous said:
Much like LEGO toys

All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There’s your first problem. B)

(TheStrangerous) #10

@Wintergreen said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Much like LEGO toys

All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There’s your first problem. B)

Pfff… BIONICLE was DA BROWN BRICK! Although, I do wish it didn’t have such convoluted continuity lockout (the lore is mind blowingly complex AF!).

(AlbinMatt) #11

@Wintergreen said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Much like LEGO toys

Either that’s a brand of toys I’ve never heard of, or you Americans have very intimate ways of remembering your presidents.

(GatoCommodore) #12

@AlbinMatt said:

@Wintergreen said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Much like LEGO toys

Either that’s a brand of toys I’ve never heard of, or you Americans have very intimate ways of remembering your presidents.

he loves chopping logs

@AlbinMatt said:

@Wintergreen said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Much like LEGO toys

Only the coolest brand, mind you.

https://goo.gl/images/TjP1Pf

Me and my little brothers used to build them in the yard. My grandad actually built us little mini catapults we used to try to launch marbles at each other’s cabins to knock down. Eventually that led to rock throwing and fighting once someone knocked one down… lol.

(bgyoshi) #14

I dunno man

99% of indie games are just copycats of successful indie games

99% of successful indie games are just reworked copycats of successful 1990s/early 2000s games

Unique, fun games are super rare nowadays

(GatoCommodore) #15

@bgyoshi said:
I dunno man

99% of indie games are just copycats of successful indie games

99% of successful indie games are just reworked copycats of successful 1990s/early 2000s games

Unique, fun games are super rare nowadays