Rhino's nerf

(Jigstraw) #1

this isn’t the smartest nerf for him.

What you SHOULD have done is increase his damage falloff.

The minigun only having 30% falloff is fuckin dumb, you should be able to play around him by taking advantage of range, allowing you to mitigate most of his damage without sacrificing much of your own DPS, but that’s not the case as minigun spread can be controlled rather easily and it still does 7 damage per hit outside of its intended range

I feel that if you try to challenge a rhino head on in his intended range, you deserve to die, but you should be relatively safe attacking him from range. The only time I get frustrated with rhino is when they kill me from 40+ meters away because the damn thing doesn’t have enough damage falloff.

revert the HP nerf and change his damage falloff instead, please. it’ll work out much better.

(henki000) #2

I’m happier with Rhino’s new HP. I just thought he needed a better minigun and not nerf.

(Press E) #3

I agree, I actually like his high health because of the challenge associated with killing him. And IMO, DB is better with a higher TTK.
I didn’t like his range either, but it might be interesting to see what would happen if they potentially nerfed his heal rate so that he’s not such a pain in the ass next to aura. Something like 30% should do, a significant amount but not so much that he takes 3 hours to heal. I guess they could even rationalize it in the game lore too, “it’s hard to apply bandages under armor, and healing nanites have a difficult time finding their way to the wounds”

(HadronZodiac) #4

180hp is fine

Minigun changes needed -

50% damage falloff
10% increase to fire rate
15% increase to heat rate

Making him more of a pop out and burst instead of the boring hard to kill tank that goes thru a room

(Nail) #5

He’s supposed to be a tank, that’s his prime purpose not a pop up sniper

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #6

might as well give him br and stark instead of mingun

his minigun should get a sustained fire accuracy buff to make up for this severe hp nerf

(pumpkinmeerkat) #7

Very happy with this change and shield nerf. Thunder could lose a few HP as well IMO.

(HadronZodiac) #8

i mean in the end, tank mercs will be tank mercs. I think thunder is fine where hes at.

(WatchAsILead) #9

I’m a Rhino main, almost 40 hours with Rhino alone, I love this merc.

I think hes was pretty good where hes at, but honestly the nerf wasnt 100% necessary. My accuracy could be complete shit vs a sweaty virgin 4K hours fragger with perfect aim and I would still win with 10-30HP to spare if it was close quarters. The nerf was fair but not necessary in my opinion. IF anything it encourages better aim and spread control from the minigun. I havent had a chance to play with Rhinos new changes though so I’ll have to wait and see. Maybe the 2% reduction to hitbox change might help make up for it.

(ASD) #10

you want a popup … take phantom

(Press E) #11

The problem isn’t so much that he’s unbalanced, it’s that in the right conditions he can be annoying af and unenjoyable to fight against. Rhino is a very niche merc, he sucks in a lot of situations, but in others he can completely lock down areas and ruin matches.
I’d prefer a rework to make him more consistently powerful in other situations, rather than just a general nerf. His skill ceiling isn’t very high at the moment, and after 40 hours you’ve pretty much improved as much as you ever will with him after all, since he’s more about positioning and teammates

(HadronZodiac) #12

imo it was, he was just a huge bullet eater that was only really killable with high damage explosives. It was unfun to play against him. And with his only 30% damage fall of he just felt like a BEAST on the battle field.

(Jigstraw) #13

necroing my own thread because i still think this is an issue

(Press E) #14

Still an issue, but we’ve all pretty much said everything there is so say lol. Do you have some new thoughts on rhino?

(Jigstraw) #15

nothing new to add really, just don’t want this sinking back off the bottom of the page where it’ll go unread and forgotten.

Maybe someone that hasn’t already seen it will have something else to add, or even just say that they agree and support the idea.

(Meerkats) #16

Revert HP change ( back to 200 HP ).

Nitros to 10% improvement ( from 50% ).

NOS to 10% improvement ( from 50% ).

Minigun min. damage to 6 ( from 7 or 8 ).

Minigun spread increase by 12%.

(Nail) #17

he’s a tank, he shoots rifle bullets, they should react like rifle bullets, do damage like rifle bullets, have drop off like rifle bullets, he moves in slo mo, dance around him, if you can’t counter him with speed and agility, play rhino or javelin the lump

(Melinder) #18

Although basically everybody knows he’s broken (been banned from pugs/comp play for as long as I can remember now), there’s literally no point talking about it. Development has ceased for this game.

(HadronZodiac) #19

oh plz no

I say

200hp
Nitros - 40%
MiniGunDamage - 7
DamageFallOff - 50%
-20% horizontal spread
+10% heat rate