Rhino a bit too strong?

(U.C.A.P) #1

i feel like its pointless giving him weapons since most of the time he seems to have his minigun out and just shreds wherever you go especially when his whole team spawn camps you, even a full headshot from vassili doesn’t do anything since he can just mow you down before you can get your second shot off

(Guziol) #2

Rhino is fine, if not underpowered. You are forced to use a loadout with nitros and most of the time you shouldn’t even use the minigun unless you surprised someone or sitting on a health station. He is only good in very few situations and still pretty easly dealt with. 200 hp with hit easy-to-hit head is really not that much.
There is a reason you see way more fraggers, thunders and even naders instead of rhino in higher level play. He is great at killing players that are somewhat new to the game though.

(Reddeadcap) #3

Rhino has many counters. if you’re close and were mowed to shreds by one with a minigun, he must’ve been having it spinning, there is an audible warning for that.
his minigun overheats easily and he’s quite slow if he’s spooling it. Vasilli could headshot him from quite a distance, but Rhino’s spread if he hasn’t fired yet is quite tight. flanking or long range is the best approach.

(GatoCommodore) #4

Rhino hitbox is as big as EV

(JJMAJR) #5

That’s excessive. Like his hitbox.

(Your worst knifemare.) #6

A good phantom or explosive merc can make his health station plan useless.

If you are forced to get close to him then try to circle around him so its harder for him to shoot you.

(Eox) #7

@Lord_Coctus said:
A good phantom or explosive merc can make his health station plan useless.

If you are forced to get close to him then try to circle around him so its harder for him to shoot you.

That’s usually the kind of action that only works against a bad player. I would advise against that, unless you perfecty know the player in front of you. Against Rhino, better keep your distances, flank or attack around corners with grenades/stickies.

(Szakalot) #8

yup, its hilarious how people think they can outrun your mouse sensitivity, guess it works on fov40 rhinos

(GabebutGood) #9

I would like to see Rhino with an assault rifle and a shotgun secondary, I think it would make him far more interesting, although the assault rifle would have to be like a weak Dreiss AR. maybe something with low dmg thats meant to pick off some health or kill a fleeing enemy.

(Guziol) #10

Rhino with any accurate long range gun would be busted. S&W is already my most used rhino weapon.

(watsyurdeal) #11

Rhino strong? No, I would consider him annoying.

He isn’t overpowered at all, just not fun to fight.

(LifeupOmega) #12

@Guziol said:
Rhino with any accurate long range gun would be busted. S&W is already my most used rhino weapon.

Tbh the minigun is also pretty good if you learn to crouch tap fire. :wink:

(HadronZodiac) #13

@Guziol said:
Rhino is fine, if not underpowered. You are forced to use a loadout with nitros and most of the time you shouldn’t even use the minigun unless you surprised someone or sitting on a health station. He is only good in very few situations and still pretty easly dealt with. 200 hp with hit easy-to-hit head is really not that much.
There is a reason you see way more fraggers, thunders and even naders instead of rhino in higher level play. He is great at killing players that are somewhat new to the game though.

Nitros isnt that useful with a team. Just hold down right click for a sec, pop out a wall, and basically go hyperfire fel-ix vasilli on your enemies…

(Szakalot) #14

@HadronZodiac said:

@Guziol said:

Nitros isnt that useful with a team. Just hold down right click for a sec, pop out a wall, and basically go hyperfire fel-ix vasilli on your enemies…

except, all the enemies know you are coming already.

Nitros still a must, even after the nerf

(HadronZodiac) #15

@Szakalot said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@Guziol said:

except, all the enemies know you are coming already.

Nitros still a must, even after the nerf

They wont know if they arent on the other corner of the wall ;/

(henki000) #16

He can be good defender with shield/aura station combo. Without teamwork or if there is enemy counters, I wouldnt pick him. He is underperforming in competetive tournaments, because team composition have usually strict and limited roles. I wouldnt increase his HP, but perhaps that minigun could have small range buff. M4/AK would be too good.

(Eox) #17

You guys are aware tha this thread is 6 month old or something ?

(Bubameyang) #18

Bloody Rhino represents everything this game is not about. Dirty Bomb is a fast paced shooting game which requests good aim to kill an opponent with a gun. Rhino is very slow and his minigun requests no aim at all. That boi should be delated.

(HadronZodiac) #19

ik this post old af

But, tbh the main problems with rhino was his ability to TANK damage, and dish out INSANE damage

If damage fall off became 50% (instead of 30%)
Fire rate increased by 5%
HeatRate increased by 10%
SpreadRate decreased by 15%

id be ok with it