- [regression] Direct hits for packs sometimes don’t appear
- Defect, undocumented, regression
- Undocumented change
- Last known good version:
- I don’t know
- Affected versions:
- Earliest known occurrence:
- Most recent version observed:
- Today’s version:
- 20171025 Jackal’s Eve
- 10/10 per match
- Less than 5/10 during a match, as you throw to people
Can be reproduced offline:
Requires other players to throw to (or with health packs it’s unclear what’s going on)
Since the Guardian update or earlier, Direct Hits from ammo packs are sometimes missing, even when the recipient is standing still. I don’t hear the pack landing on the ground (save for lag when it lands at their feet).
I’m only referring to the XP feed on the HUD in-game. I don’t know whether the pack’s recipient earns a lowered cooldown, or whether direct hit XP is actually counted post-match.
Sparks packs are okay (“Direct Hit” all the time), yet I seem to remember they weren’t.
Steps to reproduce:
- as Arty or Skyhammer,
- throw ammo packs directly at players
- “Direct Hit” every time a direct hit was made
- Sometimes “Direct Hit” and sometimes nothing at all
- There’s no sound of the ammo pack hitting the floor