Reddit's Dirty Bomb forum is insanely active compared to this one

(ImSploosh) #1

I was wondering where everyone went off to after we transitioned away from Nexon. The forums here kinda just emptied. The reddit is really active though. I guess now I see why the devs stopped checking this forum much.

I mean, just check out my thread with 100+ upvotes in a few hours: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75bpil/guardian_special_edition_case_will_be_rng/

Guess that’s the place to post from now on!

(Press E) #2

This place was pretty much just as active as it was when nexon left as far as I remember.

Reddit is popular for everything though, and it makes sense. Why keep 30 accounts for all these individual game forums when you can just debate elsewhere?
Doesn’t excuse not checking here though. Most of us have been playing DB for ages, not even checking back is a bit iffy. I mean, if you’re gonna check something as busy as reddit, might as well check here too.

Reddit tends to bury different opinions too. And I mean, that’s great when you’re talking about most things. Some total idiot or someone spewing hate, that stuff should be buried. But when you’re talking about which direction you’d like to see the game go, burying people’s opinions is a pretty bad idea.

(GatoCommodore) #3

i dont like going to reddit, it checks my internet traffic and sells it to ad companies for specialized ads.

(ImSploosh) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
This place was pretty much just as active as it was when nexon left as far as I remember.

Reddit is popular for everything though, and it makes sense. Why keep 30 accounts for all these individual game forums when you can just debate elsewhere?
Doesn’t excuse not checking here though. Most of us have been playing DB for ages, not even checking back is a bit iffy. I mean, if you’re gonna check something as busy as reddit, might as well check here too.

Reddit tends to bury different opinions too. And I mean, that’s great when you’re talking about most things. Some total idiot or someone spewing hate, that stuff should be buried. But when you’re talking about which direction you’d like to see the game go, burying people’s opinions is a pretty bad idea.

Yeah I’ve noticed that. I never really used reddit before this except to try and figure out how to appeal a ban on a different game lol.

After reading some things on reddit, I realized why we’ve received some updates that no one appears to want (on this forum and Steam anyway). I can also see why some things just aren’t discussed enough. I feel like the way reddit works can also be a major downside and some important topics might be missed.

I’ve never used Reddit or even spent much time reading anything on it because it looks like an unorganized and boring layout. I can’t keep track of anything on it, but that’s probably because I’ve put zero effort into it. I generally don’t like any form of social media or forums on the Internet so yeah. From what I have read for certain games (automotive stuff, history, sports, computer tech’, and guns too) it seems pretty unreliable and inconsistent compared to other dedicated websites. Some people know what they’re talking about, but I’ve also seen a bunch of bs getting spread around and accepted as credible.

(DarkangelUK) #6

If you want an actual forum and don’t want to go to reddit then may I suggest the actual Splash Damage forums, a lot of the long timers are there and have been since forever, more users are always welcome. http://forums.warchest.com/forum.php

(AlbinMatt) #7

I know this seems detractive to the thread, but does anyone know how to install a VPN?

That, or stage an anti-censorship coup

(TheStrangerous) #8

They may not respond, but they might see some sheet.

(Ptiloui) #9

@TheStrangerous said:
They may not respond, but they might see some sheet.

Well, i guess he just got a tab opened on the forum while checking reddit posts :blush:

(Mc1412013) #10

@AlbinMatt said:
I know this seems detractive to the thread, but does anyone know how to install a VPN?

Usualy what ever vpn u subscribe to has instructions on how to install

(pumpkinmeerkat) #11

I think we should disagree all of @stayfreshshoe 's posts >:)

(Meerkats) #12

@pumpkinmeerkat said:
I think we should disagree all of @stayfreshshoe 's posts >:)
But that’s Internet bullying.

@AlbinMatt said:

IP banned on an old forum, yeah? You must have done somethin’ right. Respect.

(Guziol) #14

Screw reddit.

(TheStrangerous) #15

It’s official SD has forsaken this damned valley, called official forums.

(AlbinMatt) #16

@Wintergreen said:

@AlbinMatt said:

Not quite. Reddit is (for no apparent reason) blocked in my country.

(GatoCommodore) #17

@AlbinMatt said:

@Wintergreen said:

@AlbinMatt said:

Not quite. Reddit is (for no apparent reason) blocked in my country.

China/Russia/Some SEA country does this to prevent dissent in their population
the less you know about the outside world, the less you will be worried and keep working like a sheep

anyway
here

https://psiphon.ca/en/download.html

works great if you want to visit “Forbidden” websites
(but not anything like deep web)

(HammerOfDawn21) #18

One thing I figured reading recent discussions in Reddit is that devs will have to come back here sooner or later. That place is turning hostile after the recent updates.

(GatoCommodore) #19

@HammerOfDawn21 said:
One thing I figured reading recent discussions in Reddit is that devs will have to come back here sooner or later. That place is turning hostile after the recent updates.

define hostile…