Recent reduction in CMM queue times is a net negative.

(MarsRover) #1

Sure it works faster, but sadly matches are fair. I would prefer waiting 3min instead of <2min to avoid being matched with a lvl1 player against a 4-man party.

(nokiII) #2

I personally prefer getting bad matches in 2 minutes instead of having to wait 8-10 in prime time.

(MarsRover) #3

@nokiII said:
I personally prefer getting bad matches in 2 minutes instead of having to wait 8-10 in prime time.

I don’t know in which region you are, but that’s not my experience in EU.

If you want bad matches, you can get them instantly in Stopwatch, which is as bad as it always was.

(nokiII) #4

@MarsRover said:

@nokiII said:

If you want bad matches, you can get them instantly in Stopwatch, which is as bad as it always was.

I’m EU and no offense, but everyone who says “i get matches instantly” is usually pretty garbo at the game.
And dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with not being extremely good at a game, it actually is a benefit for systems like CMM, but 10 min queues in primetime eu did exist for people and its horrible.

Not trying to be condescending here, but what will it take for people to be happy with CMM and stop complaining? This game hardly has enough players to get fair AND quick matches. I don’t know what else y’all expect because there’s not much else that can be done currently. It’s one or the other and it seems like it’s a lose-lose no matter how we go about it. I will say on average it seems like my CMM games have been fairly balanced - at least more so than before. So at least it’s a functioning system; we just need more players.

(MarsRover) #6

@nokiII said:

@MarsRover said:

@nokiII said:

I’m EU and no offense, but everyone who says “i get matches instantly” is usually pretty garbo at the game.
And dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with not being extremely good at a game, it actually is a benefit for systems like CMM, but 10 min queues in primetime eu did exist for people and its horrible.

I’ve never claimed I’m good. In prime time I was matched in 3-4 minutes and I barely saw any default/lead/iron loadouts and new players, which is something I guess.

@Wintergreen said:
Not trying to be condescending here,

But you are. You may start by recognizing there is no unified “people” that constantly flip-flop their opinion, but individuals with different point of view, as you can see in this thread. SD did a change specifically so that parties and new players get matched faster. This is feedback regarding that change. I don’t know if any of those groups enjoy a spawncamp match.

So what are they supposed to do about it? I’m asking openly. People wanted CMM for over a year and now that we have it, it’s about as good as it’s going to be with the current playerbase. It’s by no means perfect, but I don’t see anything else they can do. I myself would prefer quicker matches over balanced with long wait times considering it’s casual and not ranked. Shuffling is always an option and while some of my matches do end up being one-sided, it does seem to be serving its purpose by putting me in decent matches most of the time.

(MarsRover) #8

@Wintergreen said:
So what are they supposed to do about it? I’m asking openly. People wanted CMM for over a year and now that we have it, it’s about as good as it’s going to be with the current playerbase. It’s by no means perfect, but I don’t see anything else they can do. I myself would prefer quicker matches over balanced with long wait times considering it’s casual and not ranked.

They are supposed to gather feedback, which we should give. My opinion is that for my skill range CMM worked better before the latest change. Others are happy that queue times have shortened for them.

I still maintain my position that if you want quick matches there is Stopwatch in server browser. You can go into a 30min match with minimal fuss - best lobby to gameplay ratio you can get in this game.

The game is supposed to be in beta, I don’t know why you are so antagonistic to people giving feedback.

(Press E) #9

The problem is premade parties. As long as they exist with this low player population, matchmaking will never be balanced.

I don’t understand why SD insists on keeping massively unbalanced parties instead of just spreading them out across both teams. It would solve so many problems, and you’d still be playing with your friends. If you don’t want to fight against them, that’s your own problem.

@MarsRover said:

They are supposed to gather feedback, which we should give. My opinion is that for my skill range CMM worked better before the latest change. Others are happy that queue times have shortened for them.

I still maintain my position that if you want quick matches there is Stopwatch in server browser. You can go into a 30min match with minimal fuss - best lobby to gameplay ratio you can get in this game.

The game is supposed to be in beta, I don’t know why you are so antagonistic to people giving feedback.

That’s fair. As I prefaced in my first comment, I’m really not trying to be antagonistic or condescending. I just can’t wrap my head around what people expect them to do. I agree with a lot of folks and I disagree with a lot of folks. Has nothin’ to do with anything other than the subject at the time. I’m optimistic things will get better after more time passes and they work some more things out. Call me an ass kisser, but it’s been a great year for SD and DB.

(MarsRover) #11

@Wintergreen said:

@MarsRover said:

That’s fair. As I prefaced in my first comment, I’m really not trying to be antagonistic or condescending. I just can’t wrap my head around what people expect them to do. I agree with a lot of folks and I disagree with a lot of folks. Has nothin’ to do with anything other than the subject at the time. I’m optimistic things will get better after more time passes and they work some more things out. Call me an ass kisser, but it’s been a great year for SD and DB.

Again, I don’t know what “people” say and want. I’m here presenting my personal POV. SD’s job is to gather the feedback, weight it and find the best middle ground. If they decide that CMM works best now considering needs of players of all skill ranges, then it’s fine. They aren’t first timers, they are used to getting all kinds of feedback. As long as it’s constructive, I’m sure they want as much as possible. It’s their job to filter it and analyze it (and act upon it if it;s right), not ours.

Other than that - agreed. The game has sprung to life. I am very happy that CMM is finally here, and even in its current form is better than randomness of the server browser. It’s just that for me it worked better before the latest patch.

(Teflon Love) #12

@Wintergreen said:
Not trying to be condescending here, but what will it take for people to be happy with CMM and stop complaining?

Give me an option to CMM me with, say, min 15 level players only. I’m not saying that the games will be perfect then, but at least it will save you from having 2+ team mates that do not know the basic health station spots, never drop ammo or play 3/27 Vassili the entire match. Same as @MarsRover I would be ok with an increased waiting time.

(neverplayseriou) #13

Usually a match in 30-90 secs in eu, just no point in waiting to be matched on some garbage Stockholm server.

(MarsRover) #14

It’s been a few days more and my opinion is the same. Shorter wait times are not worth getting worse games. The amount of new players making games 5v6 is way higher.

(bgyoshi) #15

@STARRYSOCK said:

I don’t understand why SD insists on keeping massively unbalanced parties instead of just spreading them out across both teams. It would solve so many problems, and you’d still be playing with your friends. If you don’t want to fight against them, that’s your own problem.

Because then CMM would have no point in existing.

CMM was made because of a huge call in 2015 for friends to play on the same team. The point was to make a party and join a server to play on the same team together. The only way they could guarantee that you would play with your friends on the same team was create a party matchmaking system. This is the product.

People didn’t want to just play in the same game, they want to play on the same team. If you remove the ability to team up with your friends, CMM is literally pointless.

@Wintergreen this is why I complained so much to the forum haters not too long ago. It doesn’t matter what SD does, they just gripe.

“Give us a way to team with friends.”
SD: “Here you go.”
“Well I mean in casual mode.”
SD: “Ok”
“Teams are really imbalanced.”
SD: “We tightened the skill restriction.”
“Well now it takes too long.”
SD: “Well that’s because you wanted us to tighten the restriction.”
“Well loosen the restriction so I can get in game in max 3 minutes.”
SD: “Ok.”
“Teams are really imbalanced because of premades. How about you shuffle everyone so no one can make premades?”
SD: “…”

(kopyright) #16

Well, today was a whole streak of unbalanced shit matches. If this is what reduced queue times give us then I will rather sit in the lobby a bit longer as it’s less frustrating.

(Teflon Love) #17

Why not let the player decide on how much of a skill spread is acceptable? Just add a slider to the skill spread bar on the CMM page.