Rebranding the forum to MercSERV

(Shinywindow) #1

I had this thought for a while, and I’ve been thinking, what if the official forums were rebranded as MercSERV forums? This will probably never happen due to time, money, and effort, but hear me out:

When we critique bits about the game (like balancing, glitches, crafting etc), it’s like we’re actually on the field and sharing our experiences with MercSERV’s working conditions in London. We even get Badges and a Contracts Completed window just for participating here. It’s like we’re actual Mercs using a forum to talk to each other.

The community managers (Shoe and Raziel) could pretend to be agents of either CDA or Jackal. The same can be said for the rest of the dev team being part of MercSERV, Jackal, CDA etc.

The actual Mercs in-game could also get on the forums and interact with people. For example:

• Proxy, Bushwhacker, and Fletcher could be the ones writing up the Patch Notes.
  • Aimee could make posts about new skins and cosmetics thanks to her fashion knowledge. She could also provide leaks about news and events coming to London by hacking MercSERV just like she did in her release event.
  • And Phantom could be banned from posting anything but he can still like other people’s posts.

To avoid confusion, the forums are still referred to the Dirty Bomb forums - maybe as a codename for the incident that took over 2020 London: DIRTY BOMB | MercSERV forums.

I feel like this could become a really fun and immersive experience for everyone involved ¯_(ツ)_/¯

(Mr-Penguin) #2

I like.

@RazielWarmonic

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

I want this.

(RazielWarmonic) #4

Oh wow!

That is a neat idea!

But as you mentioned, if even approved by higher ups, would take a while to do unfortunately.

I’ll pass the idea along, however. :heart:

(Herr_Hanz) #5

ghello yes thunder here. can i get higher caliber bullet for my gun please. i am russian you know. more firepower is better.

(neat idea :P)

(Xenithos) #6

Of all the people to propose this, the ingenious one is yet again ShinyWindow… :blush:
Bravo.

(The_N00Ba) #7

I love the idea. If the proper resources could be put into it it would be awesome.

(Mr-Penguin) #8

[quote=“RazielWarmonic;201881”]Oh wow!

That is a neat idea!

But as you mentioned, if even approved by higher ups, would take a while to do unfortunately.

I’ll pass the idea along, however. :heart:[/quote]

Why can’t I give this any more likes?

THANK YOU

(Eox) #9

Then you would add Vassili whining about everything, Kira shitposting with memes and Arty trying to troll everyone as hard as he can.

(Chilled Sanity) #10

[quote=“Eox;202003”]Then you would add Vassili whining about everything, Kira shitposting with memes and Arty trying to troll everyone as hard as he can.

[/quote]

That would be neat actually

(Boory Marks) #11

Now all we need is Nader and Fletcher posting nothing but things about eggs, meatballs, and explosives. A truly hearty breakfast.

(Shinywindow) #12

(bontsa) #13

So basically Thunder has almost 800 posts of spamming each and all of the medics to marry/date him while Phoenix is a sneaky ol’ lurker simply looking for opportunities to make some dosh.

Sounds about right to me, I approve and hope of this becoming a thing.

(Dysfnal) #14

And the ever so arrogant Fletcher

(Your worst knifemare.) #15

Aimee would also be stalking everyone besides posting new cosmetics.

(Herr_Hanz) #16

and bragging about how much better the french cuisine is

dont even start about croissants.

(Shinywindow) #17
  • Aimee hacks the forums to ban someone complaining about croissants.
  • Sparks having a lot of typos because her English isn’t great but no one minds because it’s cute.
  • Nader’s wife, Vassili’s parents, and Fragger’s mom embarrassing them on the forums.
  • Phantom’s text is always invisible and needs to be highlighted to be seen.
  • Thunder liking any post that mentions medic.

(Your worst knifemare.) #18

dont even start about croissants.[/quote]

[quote=“Shinywindow;202859”][list]
[*] Aimee hacks the forums to ban someone complaining about croissants.
[/list][/quote]

This seems really suspicous.

(Herr_Hanz) #19

[quote=“paramountGasoline;202942”]

dont even start about croissants.[/quote]

[quote=“Shinywindow;202859”][list]
[*] Aimee hacks the forums to ban someone complaining about croissants.
[/list][/quote]

This seems really suspicous.[/quote]

“They told me it was a croissant. i had to kill them”

(cakeblock941) #20

I want it.