Ranked MM process makes me want to kill myself

(CoctimusPrime) #1

Finding match…

Waiting for players to connect…

1 player failed to connect…

REPEAT 17 TIMES

Got into match… (20 mins later)

People running around killing each other in pre-game…

One player failed to connect…

Get kicked out to lobby.

Punch a hole in my monitor.

Buy new monitor.

Use new monitor to bitch on forums about MM system.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I love this game, but omfg this mm system kills my happiness.

The pain is real. Without a team, I can hardly even get beyond high silver and low gold ranks. It’s pretty depressing having to wait 15+ minutes to find a match at those ranks only to have 3 of them not accept 'cause they must’ve fallen asleep at their keyboards waiting as well. Not much we can do about it aside from encourage more people to play this game and look for good teams to party up with.

(CoctimusPrime) #3

@Wintergreen said:
The pain is real. Without a team, I can hardly even get beyond high silver and low gold ranks. It’s pretty depressing having to wait 15+ minutes to find a match at those ranks only to have 3 of them not accept 'cause they must’ve fallen asleep at their keyboards waiting as well. Not much we can do about it aside from encourage more people to play this game and look for good teams to party up with.

I think one easy thing to do is not kick everyone out once a group is formed… if one person fails to connect don’t disband the whole group!!! Why not just have the group collectively wait for one more person to join? That would be a step in the right direction! :slight_smile:

@CoctimusPrime said:

@Wintergreen said:

I think one easy thing to do is not kick everyone out once a group is formed… if one person fails to connect don’t disband the whole group!!! Why not just have the group collectively wait for one more person to join? That would be a step in the right direction! :slight_smile:

I could be wrong, but it seems like they already have a system like that in place. Usually I’ll get prompted to accept the match again within 30 seconds or so if only a few people were afk or backed out before it started. It’s probably not the exact same team lineup, but I’d imagine it being the same group of people that had been waiting a long time. Thing is, sometimes that doesn’t even work because a lot of people rage and leave their queue entirely when one match fails to go through and then the waiting process starts all over.

(CoctimusPrime) #5

Just an update… me and a buddy hopped on last night and got into some ranked. We played 4 matches over almost 2 hours. 1 match timed out, all three matches we actually managed to play were lopsided. Even though we benefitted from the lopsidedness 2/3 times, it still just wasn’t that fun. Considering we waited for 10+ mins in between matches and only recieved about 15-20 mins playing time per match (due to the lopsided games) it just isn’t worth it in our humble opinions. We are planning on checking back when DB has worked out some of the bugs but I think we are off to try something else for a while. Good luck dirty bombers!

@CoctimusPrime said:
Just an update… me and a buddy hopped on last night and got into some ranked. We played 4 matches over almost 2 hours. 1 match timed out, all three matches we actually managed to play were lopsided. Even though we benefitted from the lopsidedness 2/3 times, it still just wasn’t that fun. Considering we waited for 10+ mins in between matches and only recieved about 15-20 mins playing time per match (due to the lopsided games) it just isn’t worth it in our humble opinions. We are planning on checking back when DB has worked out some of the bugs but I think we are off to try something else for a while. Good luck dirty bombers!

Hope to see ya back one day. Should be an interesting upcoming year for DB with the amount of content they have planned.

(CoctimusPrime) #7

@Wintergreen said:

Hope to see ya back one day. Should be an interesting upcoming year for DB with the amount of content they have planned.

I really hope that they have a great year because this really could be a great game. Unfortunately, it seems to me like they spend a little too much time on new content and too little time on ironing out some of the fundamental issues. The gameplay is great, the merc balance is great, and very few bugs plague the actual matches. That is why it is so surprising to me that they cannot get the MM and supporting stuff right. In another forum a guy said that the lopsided MM will kill this game if not addressed soon because it discourages new players from joining-- and that’s what DB desperately needs-- new players. 20k players online at the same time every night solves a lot of problems (time to get into match, probability of more skilled players, MM system can be more choosy.) Don’t get me wrong-- I love the new content, but if people feel like the game is impossible to compete in they won’t play at all and the player base won’t ever grow. I really do hope they figure it out! :smile: