random compiling Q

(ACROBAT) #1

I noticed this compile didn’t mention a -meta or a -vis but did have a -light phase.
Is it possible to do a -light phase without the others?
Anyways, that’s somewhat wierd. I don’t need to know this for anything more just curious.

“bsp_q3map2/q3map2: (single test) -light -fast -super 2”

then there was this one

“bsp_q3map2/q3map2: (test) -meta -vis light -fast -super 2”

(-SSF-Sage) #2

You can do each 3 compiles separately, but if you do chances to the map file, you have to recompile bsp to get the chances (and vis too if you want vis) and then the light. Bsp ofc always first.

Ps. I’d suggest to use samples instead of super. It’s improved; better quality and faster (in late q3map2). Consider trying high samples values, like 4 or 8, even 16 or 32 for final compile. I’ve used 8 (no -filter) for compile and 32 for the skyshader.

(DerSaidin) #3

No, a light compile uses data in the .bsp file generated by the meta.

(-SSF-Sage) #4

Yes. But I meant, you can do first bsp, then have a pause and do the light later. That’s why there are those “single compile” options. Did I misunderstood the question?

(ACROBAT) #5

heh, ya always use samples. That was just an example.

My friend did a compile and i think he had a -meta and a -light phase but left out -vis.

This was what I was thinking of.

(-SSF-Sage) #6

[QUOTE=ACROBAT;186498]

My friend did a compile and i think he had a -meta and a -light phase but left out -vis.

This was what I was thinking of.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no problem. Works but ofc will not obviously have vis block. Good for saving some compile time when doing test on light and stuff.

(DerSaidin) #7

My “No” wasn’t directed at you. You just posted between me reading and submitting the reply. :>

Yes, you can do them separately, but both the vis and light stages need a .bsp generated by the meta stage.
I don’t think it matters if you do vis before light or light before vis.

And yes, no vis can save compile time if your testing lights (and the other way if your testing vis).

(yuio991o) #8

Harry looked up at his uncle and felt a mixture of exasperation and amusement. Vernon Dursley had been changing his mind every twenty four hours for the past four weeks, packing and unpacking and repacking the car with every change of heart. Harry’s favorite moment had been the one when Uncle Vernon, unaware the Dudley had added his dumbbells to his case since the last time it been repacked, had attempted to hoist it back into the boot and collapsed with a yelp of pain and much swearing.“According to you,” Vernon Dursley said, now resuming his pacing up and down the living room, “we - Petunia, Dudley, and I - are in danger. From - from -”“Some of ‘my lot’ right?” said Harry"Well I don’t believe it," repeated Uncle Vernon, coming to a halt in front of Harry again. “I was awake half the night thinking it all over, and I believe it’s a plot to get the house.”“The house?” repeated Harry. “What house?”“This house!” shrieked Uncle Vernon, the vein his forehead starting to pulse. “\iOur\i house! House prices are skyrocketing around here! You want us out of the way andthen you’re going to do a bit of hocus pocus and before we know it the deeds will be in your name and -”“Are you out of your mind?” demanded Harry. “A plot to get this house? Are you actually as stupid as you look?”“Don’t you dare \a150\a150!” squealed Aunt Petunia, but again Vernon waved her down. Slights on his personal appearance were it seemed as nothing to the danger he had spotted.“Just in case you’ve forgotten,” said Harry, "I’ve already got a house my godfather left me one. So why would I want this one? All the happy memories?"Harry led them all back into the kitchen where wow gold, laughing and chattering, they settled on chairs, buy cheap wow dold, sat themselves upon Aunt Petunia’s gleaming work surfaces, or leaned up against her spotless appliances; Ron, long and lanky; Hermione wow gold, her bushy hair tied back in a long plait lord of the rings gold; Fred and George, grinning identically; Bill, badly scarred and long-haired; Mr. Weasley, kind-faced, balding, his spectacles a little awry; Mad-Eye, battle-worn, one-legged, his bright blue magical eye whizzing in its socket; Tonks, whose short hair was her favorite shade of bright pink; Lupin, grayer, more lined; Fleur, slender and beautiful, with her long silvery blonde hair; Kingsley, bald and broad-shouldered; Hagrid, with his wild hair and beard WOW Power leveling, standing hunchbacked to avoid hitting his head on the ceiling; and Mundungus Fletcher, small, dirty, and hangdog, with his droopy beady hound’s eyes and matted hair. Harry’s heart seemed to expand and glow at the sight: Hefelt incredibly fond of all of them, even Mundungus wow gold, whom he had tried to strangle the last time they had met. Harry looking for wow gold at the world…

(yuanfenya) #9

Excuse for speeding Harry and Lloyd were speeding down the road. A police car pulled them over.‘Why on earth were you driving so fast?’ the policeman yelled.'Our brakes are no good-so we wanted to get there before we had an accident!'Friendship is love without his wings. (George Gordon Byron, Bdritish poet)More Games,joke,age of conan gold and famous. Click http://www.ygscn.net You will get more.

(cdef410) #10

Welcome to romeberg. We are a loyal and reliable Buy WOW Gold store online. Farming WOW Gold is a hard work, but you can Buy wow Gold–the cheap wow gold christian louboutin from us. It is a safe way to from us, you will never get banned. We are sure that you will get really EVE ISK by an instant way of delivery.Cheap & Safe & Fast & Reliable World of Warcraft (WOW) Gold , All in www.romeberg.com. Instant Delivery, 24/7 Service.cheap jordans