Radiant Tutorial

(Marac) #1

Hello everyone, i’d like to ask you all for a little favour. If anyone has or knows where can i get tutorial for radiant i’d be most greatfull. I’m learning to work in it from the scratch and i’m having some problems with few things of course.

First i tried to do simple two room map connected with a hallway in between them, but when i create that hallway i get this warning while compiling the map

— FaceBSP —
6 faces
12 leafs
0.0 seconds faceBsp
----- MakeTreePortals -----
----- FilterBrushesIntoTree -----
18 total brushes
47 cluster references
— FloodEntities —
Leak on entity # 1
Entity classname was: light
Entity name was: light_1
Entity origin is: 0.000000 0.000000 256.000000

11 flooded leafs
entity reached from outside – no filling

WARNING: ******* leaked *******

— LeakFile —
2 point linefile
0 total shadow triangles
0 total shadow verts

0 seconds for dmap

------------- Warnings ---------------
during running dmap…
WARNING: ******* leaked *******
1 warnings

So if anyone knows anything about it pls tell me. Thank you all in advance! Cheers :drink:

(kamikazee) #2

Got this without using the search function of the forum, just searched in the list of Doom 3 level design topics:
map is leaked???

My most important advise: try to find answers yourself and you’ll learn the most.

So welcome, and keep the spirit! :wink:

/* Kamikazee */

(Marac) #3

Last reply there was in the year 2004 if i’m not mistaken, search button didn’t work and i’m not going to search all day if there might be any topics like that. anyway, thank you for your help.

it says there that it’s the leak if there is an opening into the void. i don’t have an opening and plus when i delete the hallway i created, map compiles without a problem with a huge leak into the void. any ideas?

(EB) #4

2 point linefile leaks are normally caused by an origin number in an entity that is in the “void”.

Does your map envelope the point @ 0,0,256 ? (XYZ)
Here is the information in the error log that is vital:

Leak on entity # 1
Entity classname was: light
Entity name was: light_1
Entity origin is: 0.000000 0.000000 256.000000 (....XYZ)

…this light entity’s origin is 256 units above the editors 0,0,0 origin.
It is the cause of the leak.

Delete it or move it or change the origin value.

On the odd chance that the light has been moved “far”(making it difficult to find), do a text editor search for that entity “light_1” or check each light…there sre several ways to find the culprit.

-good luck

(BaronBlabla) #5

If this is the case, you can simply make a giant box around your level, but if it’s really leaked…you will have to pointfile it and fix it

(mnop340) #6

I would like to be happy about all of these new pet slots, but knowing that only one of them would be able to level with me, I can’t be happy knowing that I will have to grind my brains out to level the rest. There is wow gold of sale;you can buy really cheap wow gold here. We have mass available stock of best wow gold on most of the servers, so that we can do a really instant way of fast wow power leveling delivery. We know what our buyers need so we offer an instant way of cheap wow gold and wow powerleveling, buy wow gold fast delivery

(feimotion338) #7

what is the fastest way to make 1mil in runescape…http://www.coolrunescape.com/i am currently making 5k bow string which will get me about 500k but i don’t know what to do after that.if u would like to look at my skills look at the highscores! plz help me…!!!RunescapeRunescape goldWell… around 3-4 years ago when i heard about runescape from a friend i decided to go check it out, i created ‘Chavforlife’ lol, you may laugh but it’s true, i have no idea what made me think of that name, but yeah… runescape powerlevelingBut anyway, since then i’ve only used this account but now it’s got to the stage i actually really regret making this name in the first place, everyday my name get’s commented by random player’s, some “nice” comments suprisingly and some just pure hate which i understand ;p. But like with this name i’m forever getting judged, flamed when they have never actually spoken to me but meh.runescape cheatsWhat about you guy’s, any of you regret making your runescape account name?http://www.maplemsmesos.com

(hijk649) #8

Your view is awesome!Tags:Virtual Gold Zone Dofus Kamas Runescape Gold

(Qiuene28) #9

The Realm Of The UnrealI For a part of the distance between Auburn and Newcastle the road – first on one side of a creek and then on the other – occupies the whole bottom of the ravine, being partly cut out of the steep hillside, and partly built up with boulders removed from the creek-bed by the miners. The hills are wooded, the course of the ravine is sinuous. In a dark night careful driving is required in order not maple story mesos to go off into the water. The night that I have in memory was dark, the creek a torrent, swollen by a recent storm. I had driven up from Newcastle and was within about a mile of Auburn in the darkest and narrowest part of the ravine, looking intently ahead of my horse for the roadway. Suddenly I saw a man almost under the animal’s nose, and reined in with a jerk that came near setting the creature upon its haunches. ‘I beg your pardon,’ I said; ‘I did not see you, sir.’ ‘You could hardly be expected to see me,’ the man replied civilly, approaching the side of the vehicle; ‘and the noise of wow power leveling the creek prevented my hearing you.’ I at once recognized the voice, although five years had passed since I had heard it. I was not particularly well pleased to hear it now. ‘You are Dr. Dorrimore, I think,’ said I. ‘Yes; and you are my good friend Mr. wow power leveling Manrich. I am more than glad to see you – the excess,’ he added, with a light laugh, ‘being due to the fact that I am going your way, and naturally expect an invitation to ride with you.’ ‘Which I extend with all my heart.’ That was not altogether true. Dr. Dorrimore thanked me as he archlord goldseated himself beside me, and I drove cautiously forward, as before. Doubtless it is fancy, but it seems to me now that the remaining distance was made in a chill fog; that I was uncomfortably cold; that the way was longer than ever before, and the town, when we reached it, cheerless, forbidding, and desolate. It must have been early in the evening, yet I do not recollect a light in any of the houses nor a living thing in the streets. Dorrimore explained at some length how he happened to be there, and where he had been during the years that had buy archlord gold elapsed since I had seen him. I recall the fact of the narrative, but none of the facts narrated. He had been in foreign countries and had returned – this is all that my memory retains, and this I already knew. As to myself I cannot remember that I spoke a word, though doubtless I did.

(lyjg1203) #10

Phase 4 concludes the taking of Quel’Danas and the progressive content, thus some of the quests are simple things like putting the finishing touches on the new Shattered Sun Stronghold.world of warcraft gold However, there are still a few things that need some work. This phase will focus on an Alchemy Lab and a super cool statue to plant in the middle of the freshly taken town.

(qrst619) #11

NOTE:We only have USA plug for this item. If you’re in other countries, please make sure it can work in your country before purchasing.As the industry’s first ceramic flat iron, the original CHI Flat Iron has continued to hold its spot as the number one flat iron in the professional beauty industry to date. Renowned for its versatility, the CHI Flat Iron is not only designed to smooth and straighten but also to curl, crimp and flip hair. Additionally, the CHI Flat Iron’s ergonomic design limits strain on the hands and wrists during use. The CHI Flat Iron set the standards for professional hair straightening, and it remains the standard for the basic professional flat iron.Product Features: * 1" Ceramic plates * Moist ceramic heat with ceramic plates and coils * Ceramic will maintain even temperature all the times * Ceramic will produce negative ions * Seals the cuticle * Locks in hair color and retards fading * Ceramic heat will ensure the penetration of the silk molecules to the hair * Traditional copper coil can cause more damage and dry the hairErgonomically Designed: * 10 foot heavy duty electrical cord * On-Off switch (temperature not variable, fixed at 370oF) * Lite weight design * Fits in a standard curling iron stationPower: * “Flash Heating” in only seconds * energy EfficientVersatile: * Straighten * Curl * flip * style

(luciana07) #12

Thanks a lot for your post. It sounds very good.:slight_smile:

(luciana07) #13

This is quite an interesting topic. I want to know your ideas about it. Thank you so much.

(M.Amos) #14

Tired because of some problems with my map and having such a hard time finding resources to even the simplest of questions. So I decided to make a tutorial somewhat on the step by step how-to’s of importing an ASE model into NetRadiant from 3dsMax. Something which has very little documentation since most people here use Blender. This tutorial assumes you already know the basics of modeling and texturing.Real time chicago Real Estate listings!

1. Create your model.

Make sure it’s optimized. Weld all redundant vertices, make sure there are no inverted normals, apply smooth groups, and DON’T for the sake of goobers make a model with a gajillion polies. Remember this is for a game not a movie.

In this tutorial I made a cannon/jumppad model that will also be used in a map I am currently making.

1. Unwrap and texture your model.

I deliberately used a model which uses several materials in it. Note that you do not need to assign a Multi/SubObject Material on the model. Just apply individual materials to whatever faces you want to your heart’s content.

Make sure all your materials are named correctly. Even if the ASE export specifies bump maps, specularity maps etc. NetRadiant ignores those and focuses solely on the diffuse texture. The engine will automatically read secondary textures by itself based on similarity of the filename and the suffix appended. A good thing about this is that you can edit the textures used later on, and even add more, like bump maps or self-illumination maps in case you forgot to add it inside 3dsmax itself.