Quick/small guide to join a match faster.

(Black) #21

Wait a second…
If the game mode is objective then how there are two timers in the top right side corner?

Could one be the spawn timer for the opposite team?

(Jostabeere) #22

[quote=“BlackFro;134567”]Wait a second…
If the game mode is objective then how there are two timers in the top right side corner?

Could one be the spawn timer for the opposite team?[/quote]

It’s the spectator mode. Purple and yellow interface. You see both teams and their timers.

(Vocopi) #23

umm this make no sense whatsoever you do not fuck up game balance cause you join the team with the the most room its not gonna randomlly turn a 2v5 into a 2v6 it still works the same as if you were joining the lobby the only difference is you join faster.

Also if you are worried about game balance being fucked up it already is so I don’t really understand your point.

(Szakalot) #24

@Uli game balances the teams at lobby stage. if you go spec you effectively exlude yourself from calculation. say: on a 1-10 skill scale there are 4 players: one ‘2’ two ‘5’ and you at ‘9’. if you go spec the teams will shuffle one ‘5’ player against the other ‘5’ and the ‘2’. you load the map and join the lonely ‘5’ against the weaker players.

if you stayed in lobby the game would place the two ‘5’ players against your powerful ‘9’ and the weaker ‘2’.; making for a better game.

this system usually works if all the players are already on the server at LOBBY stage. unfortunately its common for lobby to start with a half full server, making any skill determination random, based offthe people that are going to join next

(Vocopi) #25

[quote=“Szakalot;134735”]@Uli game balances the teams at lobby stage. if you go spec you effectively exlude yourself from calculation. say: on a 1-10 skill scale there are 4 players: one ‘2’ two ‘5’ and you at ‘9’. if you go spec the teams will shuffle one ‘5’ player against the other ‘5’ and the ‘2’. you load the map and join the lonely ‘5’ against the weaker players.

if you stayed in lobby the game would place the two ‘5’ players against your powerful ‘9’ and the weaker ‘2’.; making for a better game.

this system usually works if all the players are already on the server at LOBBY stage. unfortunately its common for lobby to start with a half full server, making any skill determination random, based offthe people that are going to join next[/quote]

Is this true? @NxA_Noxie @Faraleth @Amerika

(Amerika) #26

[quote=“Uli;135239”][quote=“Szakalot;134735”]@Uli game balances the teams at lobby stage. if you go spec you effectively exlude yourself from calculation. say: on a 1-10 skill scale there are 4 players: one ‘2’ two ‘5’ and you at ‘9’. if you go spec the teams will shuffle one ‘5’ player against the other ‘5’ and the ‘2’. you load the map and join the lonely ‘5’ against the weaker players.

this system usually works if all the players are already on the server at LOBBY stage. unfortunately its common for lobby to start with a half full server, making any skill determination random, based offthe people that are going to join next[/quote]

Is this true? @NxA_Noxie @Faraleth @Amerika [/quote]

That’s not the exact numbers the system uses but yes, that is true. Everyone has a public ELO rating this is based on their last 20-25 games (I think it’s 25 now) and each team is balanced based on these numbers as best as possible. However, since people do leave and new players join and sometimes people don’t play the merc they are used to which got them their most recent numbers or some people simply aren’t playing well or barely paying attention there is pretty much zero chance for consistent balance to ever be achieved. Especially since you can’t even get a perfect balance when you have everyone paying attention and attempting to do well and both teams using exactly the types of mercs they should be. Stomps happen.

(GiantGiant) #27

[quote=“Xavien;134135”]Ohhh, I’m just worried that not all content will be well synced and some glitchy things will happen.
Cause as I’ve copy and pasted many times for the deploy time:
SD has said it’s meant to sync the player’s information like models, loadouts, ranks and skill level when you’re deploying. So even if you’re already in-game screen, you still need to stand there for 15 seconds waiting for the server to sync either way. So they will not change the lock-in or the intro for map startups.[/quote]

I can confirm that sometimes when i respawn i see no textures or wierd colors

(Vocopi) #28

Currently on minimal settings the only difference I have seen is the spectator mode colors bugging out and stay once you’re out of spectator mode.(Yellow & purple)

(DeadPixels) #29

Thank you sir, this will be very handy

(Vocopi) #30

This still works! :slight_smile:

(K1X455) #31

Well they said its for a specific reason I do not remember why but I saw a post of someone complaining about the timer and i’ve known about this since the spectate was there so I thought I would share! :)[/quote]

It was due to the Slenderman issue back then.