queue times and match balance!

(TheLawra) #1

I took a tiny break from the game and now I’m back again. I’ve already come across two quite annoying things.

First being the match queue times. It takes forever to find a match now. I wait and I wait, the systems tells me that it has found a match and then something goes wrong and it’s back to the queue again. I swear to god, it wasn’t like this before. Today I waited in queue for a long time and got into a match that had people in it, ready to surrender. The matchmaking did a very poor job, in my opinion at least. We lost, brutally. There was a person in my team who openly admitted to ‘not even knowing how to aim’ and they were asking why were they put into the match against more “skilled” (or higher level, I should say) players. Has something happened to the servers or why is the queue so god damn long these days?

That brings me to the second thing, the matchmaking. It used to be a lot better. The teams at least tried to be even. Every game that I’ve played recently, has been either a brutal victory or defeat - like you either completely dominate the enemy team or you are pinned down and unable to move, dying at spawn because they are camping. Lately, as sad as it is to admit this, I get into a match with a mental state that we’re probably not gonna win. The clock ticks on and barely any of us have done anything, or maybe me, or someone else, is desperately trying to keep it all together. The enemy team is obliterating us like it’s no biggie. It’s frustrating and sad to get into a game, thinking, “oh well, we’re probably not gonna win this”. Sometimes it’s a victory, but lately, it’s just been brutal (victory or defeat) and it really eats away my will to play. I know you can’t always win, and I can’t always blame the game or my teammates or myself, sometimes you’re just unlucky or your team just doesn’t have what it takes, but that cannot be the reason every single time. So, has the matchmaking gone through some changes or something? It feels much worse now than before.

Oh, and a bonus question regarding Phantom. I am not a super technical person. The nitty gritty doesn’t really move me most of the time, but I’ve come across some issues with Phantom. He has the two augments for melee speed or damage. Is there any actual significant difference between the normal speed compared to the faster one and the same with the damage, is there much of a difference? Because I’ve been searching for an answer and while I play the game, getting a hands-on feel to Phantom, I cannot tell the difference. The speed, damage, it doesn’t seem to matter. I swing my katana and the enemy is miles away and I’m dead. I try to inflict damage but it doesn’t feel that different. I know how to play him and I know how he works, but this has been bugging me for a while now.

Thank you in advance for any answers. I hope you have a nice day! :slight_smile:

(Chris Mullins) #2

Match queue times and balance greatly improve with more players in the pool. With our 1.0 release we plan on a decent amount of advertising which should bring a lot more players into the mix resolving these.

(TheLawra) #3

@stayfreshshoe said:
Match queue times and balance greatly improve with more players in the pool. With our 1.0 release we plan on a decent amount of advertising which should bring a lot more players into the mix resolving these.

Okay, that sounds good! I’ll be eagerly waiting for new people then :slight_smile: thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:

(Begin2018) #4

It will solve the problem for two or three months and only for low levels… What’s the next plan?

(Fei-Ling) #5

To retain said players. While SD has a job to do there, the community has too. Stomping these new players and showing great toxicity for them being noobs isn’t going to help there.

(Rokon2) #6

Considering the circumstances, I personally don’t care about queue times, but lower times would be immensely appreciated.

(K1X455) #7

Balance is still questionable.

How 2, and 3 man Pre-mades are really bad.

(Porkchopiya) #8

wasting my Credit Booster for waiting queue…

(kittz0r) #9

@K1X455

Yea its a bit off but you Queued on a Friday Morning, where most People don’t even have Time to Play. In the End the Game just gives what is around.

@Porkchopiya

Credit Boosters are only used while you actually Play, which means that your Queue Time doesn’t affect the Credit Booster unless you meant Ranked Point Booster which is Real Time.

(K1X455) #10

@kittz0r

Are you saying that the system just put 5 solo queuers up against a 5 man pre-made just to have a match going?

What sort of

b a l a n c e

is SD promoting there?

(kittz0r) #11

@K1X455 said:
@kittz0r

Are you saying that the system just put 5 solo queuers up against a 5 man pre-made just to have a match going?

What sort of

b a l a n c e

is SD promoting there?

The Balance you can expect on a dead Mode at 8am in the Morning during a Weekday?